Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100 years ago

RavenHawk

Typhus is on the increase in California

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/typhus-can-be-treated-tetracycline-doxycycline-azithromycin-and-rifampicin

And measles in Washington state

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/officials-34-measles-cases-in-washington-outbreak

Is the stage set for more epidemics due to unhealthy policies?  Allowing illegals bringing in disease and our own destitute being neglected in favor of illegals?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

- Roosevelt

Has nothing to do with fear, but stupidity.  We have the power to prevent this from spreading.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Has nothing to do with fear, but stupidity.  We have the power to prevent this from spreading.

Do you think the CDC is totally incompetent? Do you think any doctor in the US isn't prepared for this?

What you are suggesting is mass hysteria! And based on what? Trump's stupid wall?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do you think the CDC is totally incompetent? Do you think any doctor in the US isn't prepared for this?

What you are suggesting is mass hysteria! And based on what? Trump's stupid wall?

politically correct climate trumps CDC, we allow thousands with no medical exam. they move into cities with very high population dencity, what do you expect to haqppen

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well when millions go untreated in this country due to lack of healthcare, it only makes sense for diseases to pop up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Do you think the CDC is totally incompetent?

Didn’t say they were.  Has nothing to do with them.  They’ll be overwhelmed in the worse-case.

Do you think any doctor in the US isn't prepared for this?

Absolutely not!  They’ll do their best and that’s all you can ask for.

What you are suggesting is mass hysteria!

No, I’m not suggesting anything, merely making an observation.  What is happening is hysteria because it’s PC to hate Trump and this nation.  What I am suggesting is just some common sense.  Stop trying to shoot ourselves in the foot.

And based on what? Trump's stupid wall?

Based on history and facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody remember the term quarantine? :rolleyes:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Well when millions go untreated in this country due to lack of healthcare, it only makes sense for diseases to pop up.

The kind of healthcare you are so concerned about has nothing to do with infectious diseases.  If we were serious about healthcare, we’d start with keeping illegals out of the country.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Typhus is on the increase in California

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/typhus-can-be-treated-tetracycline-doxycycline-azithromycin-and-rifampicin

And measles in Washington state

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/officials-34-measles-cases-in-washington-outbreak

Is the stage set for more epidemics due to unhealthy policies?  Allowing illegals bringing in disease and our own destitute being neglected in favor of illegals?

The reason is the moron Republican antivaxers, not illegals. Disingenuous post is disingenuous. Typical republican. Taking something, totally twisting it around so you can apply it to your anti-imigrant agenda. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

What is happening is hysteria because it’s PC to hate Trump and this nation.

I love America. I hate PC. But that does not make Trump better than the douchebag he is. He's a mistake. A big one!

Edit: I wont take part in political threads, but sometimes threads turn political. So I'm out now!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The reason is the moron Republican antivaxers

You're kidding, right? Republican antivaxers???

I'd like to see the statistics on that.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Found that one amusing aswell!... :lol:

I've seen SEVERAL lefty antivaxers on this very site in the past aswell lol

• Haha 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Found that one amusing aswell!... :lol:

I've seen SEVERAL lefty antivaxers on this very site in the past aswell lol

Are you for real, man? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'd like to see the statistics on that.

Well, along with Trump saying vaccines cause autism..there's this.

At least three Republican gubernatorial candidates have espoused anti-vaccination talking points on the campaign trail, even as medical groups plead for them to retract their statements.

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/26/at-least-three-gop-governor-candidates-embrace-anti-vaccine-disinformation/

You'd be hard pressed to find any Democratic leadership pushing the anti-vax agenda.

• Like 7

Just now, Michelle said:

Are you for real, man? :lol:

I know...very strange that life in general isn't ALL left or right... :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/26/at-least-three-gop-governor-candidates-embrace-anti-vaccine-disinformation/

You'd be hard pressed to find any Democratic leadership pushing the anti-vax agenda.

Only antivaxer i know of in real day to day life is a far left wing 60's type hippy wannabe :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My mistake, I didn't ask for Democrat leadership. More like large Democrats enclaves. There may be tiny pockets of religious zealots, but nothing like them.

• Like 2

Just now, DarkHunter said:

Seems rather evenly split with 12% liberals and 10% conservatives being anti vaxxers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.precisionvaccinations.com/childhood-vaccination-programs-should-be-exempt-political-bias%3famp

Mods please delete "disingenuous" statistics!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Seems rather evenly split with 12% liberals and 10% conservatives being anti vaxxers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.precisionvaccinations.com/childhood-vaccination-programs-should-be-exempt-political-bias%3famp

I'll have to do more research later. I know vegans and the like are much more outspoken about it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My mistake, I didn't ask for Democrat leadership. More like large Democrats enclaves. There may be tiny pockets of religious zealots, but nothing like them.

You're kidding, right? Republican antivaxers???

This is what you said.  I countered with the President, and three candidates for governor.  So, no, he wasn't KIDDING about Republican anti-vaxxers.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is what you said.  I countered with the President, and three candidates for governor.  So, no, he wasn't KIDDING about Republican anti-vaxxers.  

So, you did a quick two second search. Big whoop!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

So, you did a quick two second search. Big whoop!

As opposed to your snide comment with zero research.

• Like 5

So, in regards to the OP, typhus is not transmitted person to person...so what does that have to do with illegal immigrants?

• Like 4