Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100 years ago

RavenHawk

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Okay, so crime and disease are now the fault of illegal immigrants. What else can we  blame on them? Rising gas prices? Slow lines at statbucks?

They are filling up our jail cells leaving no room for Americans! :angry:

Hey,you asked :P :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Okay, so crime and disease are now the fault of illegal immigrants. What else can we  blame on them? Rising gas prices? Slow lines at statbucks?

That's the wonderful thing about illegal immigrants. Name a problem, any problem, and you can blame all of them for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

so antivaxers are bad cuz they spread diseases, yet illegals are ok even thou they are not vaccinated and do the same thing,  some effed up logic,

as far as crime,  does not matter how much they commit, they are not supposed to be here in a first place. even 1 is 1 too many. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

so antivaxers are bad cuz they spread diseases, yet illegals are ok even thou they are not vaccinated and do the same thing,  some effed up logic,

As it turns out Mexicans and other Central Americans have more to fear from you, than you do them. Their vaccination rates exceed yours.

https://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/data/en/

What Trump and others of his ilk say of infectious diseases spreading across the border is simply not true. The World Health Organisation has made it very clear that there is no systemic association between migration and the importation of infectious diseases. But yeah sure, continue to believe the propaganda in spite of evidence to the contrary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The propaganda regarding migrants and disease is similar to Nazi propaganda regarding Jews and rats. Label them as disease carrying vermin, and you have successfully dehumanized them enough to justify treating them as less than people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The reason is the moron Republican antivaxers, not illegals.

That’s a whole different subject.

Disingenuous post is disingenuous.

Your post is disingenuous.

Typical republican. Taking something, totally twisting it around so you can apply it to your anti-imigrant agenda. 

The two are tied together by facts.  I’m not anti-immigrant.  I don’t believe in uninvited guests.  Uncontrolled mass migration brings disease, poverty, and crime.  One would have to be a low-grade moron to allow such persons to break into one’s home.

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

The propaganda regarding migrants and disease is similar to Nazi propaganda regarding Jews and rats. Label them as disease carrying vermin, and you have successfully dehumanized them enough to justify treating them as less than people.

You’re conflating two different things.  For one, the Jew was an integral part of German Culture.  A certain mentality in that culture was trying to eradicate the Jew from existence.  On the other hand, illegals have no part what so ever in our society.  They don’t belong.  Never have and never will.  We want them gone from our country (not eradicated), preferably prevented from coming in.  I guess you are not aware that as an outcome of the Columbian Exchange, the indigenous peoples of the New World were decimated by disease brought over by Europeans.  Same thing is happening now.  We have carriers of disease from the third world, bringing diseases (some that had been eradicated in this culture for a long time) into this country where people may not have immunity to those diseases.  To ignore this danger is stupidity.  Common sense and logic tells the rational person to be proactive and take action.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

That's the wonderful thing about illegal immigrants. Name a problem, any problem, and you can blame all of them for it!

There was this lovely hispanic girl at the strip club. Most of my money was gone after that...

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

You're kidding, right? Republican antivaxers???

I'd like to see the statistics on that.

actually according to most polls.. more democrats believe that vaccines are not safe.. 

from 2015

Older-Adults-College-Graduates-Most-Like

2018 it seems a more of a even mix

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0191728

I passed the ahh.. biased news articles from both sides 

anxi vax is spread across the political spectrum 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

actually according to most polls.. more democrats believe that vaccines are not safe.. 

from 2015

Older-Adults-College-Graduates-Most-Like

2018 it seems a more of a even mix

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0191728

I passed the ahh.. biased news articles from both sides 

anxi vax is spread across the political spectrum 

Man i've said it a million times on here,so much so that i rarely say it anymore...

ANYONE can find links,sources,articles,charts,graphs,data,ect. out there on the net to support their own stances...That is a FACT!

Many who have posted here for a long time one way or the other,as soon as they see Fox News and a few others one half rolls their eyes...as soon as the other side sees CNN,Salon,WaPo,HuffPo,ect the other rolls their eyes...

ANYTHING can be refuted with internet facts if one cares to spend the time to do so!...

We've had so many of these "groundhog day" type arguments over and over again i guess if ya havn't been around the past 5 years this junk seems "new,fresh,and cutting edge" if ya post a new statistic for a GOT YA type moment...

Most don't care to waste their time anymore to try to change the others mind,it won't work anyway :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Only antivaxer i know of in real day to day life is a far left wing 60's type hippy wannabe :lol:

That's a stunningly comprehensive study you've carried out there. I'm sure the results will be published in all the journals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear ya,but you know aswell as i do that "facts" on here can and do often boil down to who's "facts" some will believe...

Statistically speaking, immigrants are less likely to commit crime than normal citizens.

XATRA3VTXI7VZL2PBK7ZCDLNEA.png

Source

10 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear ya,but you know aswell as i do that "facts" on here can and do often boil down to who's "facts" some will believe...

So you mean actual facts and alternative "facts".

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

On the other hand, illegals have no part what so ever in our society.  They don’t belong.  Never have and never will.  We want them gone from our country (not eradicated), preferably prevented from coming in.

Absolutely incredible to find a Jew spouting this sort of propaganda and having these sorts of opinions.

Remembers that Ravenhawk once told me he studied/grew up in Occupied Palestine

Actually, nevermind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Absolutely incredible to find a Jew

I’m not Jewish, but I am probably <1% Semitic.

spouting this sort of propaganda and having these sorts of opinions.

The opinion to defend and protect my country is propaganda?

Remembers that Ravenhawk once told me he studied/grew up in Occupied Palestine

Never told you that.  Never been to Palestine.

Actually, nevermind.

Yeah, I think you should.  Not only is your cognitive ability but also your memory is faulty.

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Statistically speaking, immigrants are less likely to commit crime than normal citizens.

XATRA3VTXI7VZL2PBK7ZCDLNEA.png

I guess you are blind to the elephant in the room??  Yes, Native-born create more crime than illegals, but this is not a horse race.  For being as much as 15% of the population, the numbers for illegals are still substantial.  If you eliminate that segment, you would reduce the overall amount of crime by a whole lot.

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Never told you that.  Never been to Palestine.

Apologies, your post in another thread which read:

I was lucky to have a teacher in jr high (way before google and wiki) that was Jewish and had a copy of the Commission Reports and he would let us read portions of it (with his help of course to point out the pertinent sections).

Was interpreted or remembered by me incorrectly. I took that to mean you went to school there. So you do have my sincere apology. 

32 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The opinion to defend and protect my country is propaganda?

Your country isn't under attack in any definable sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aquila King said:

you actually have a point here, and that is exactly what is going on now towards white males,  kudos to you for finding valid similarity.

40 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I guess you are blind to the elephant in the room??  Yes, Native-born create more crime than illegals, but this is not a horse race.  For being as much as 15% of the population, the numbers for illegals are still substantial.  If you eliminate that segment, you would reduce the overall amount of crime by a whole lot.

What do you think 'per 100,000' means, exactly? That chart represents a percentage of each group, not overall numbers. The percentage of illegals and immigrants who commit crime is substantially less - under half - than the percentage of citizens who commit crime. In other words, in Texas, if you pick a random 100,000 citizens and a random 100,000 immigrants, the 100,000 citizens will commit twice as many crimes as the immigrants.

You want to throw out a group of people who are twice as law-abiding as your own citizens, while attempting to make the claim that it would lower crime? :D That's some of the most idiotic logic I have ever seen, even in support of xenophobia. The crime rate would increase, you absolute spanner!

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

And how exactly did you manage to come up with that segue? No wait, I know. A simple stretch of the imagination for no other reason than to smear and dehumanise immigrants as disease-carrying vermin. But why stop at infectious diseases? Why not blame them for all of America's ills? People will eventually blame them for everything anyway, because that's what racists do.

Notice the "subtle" linkage there. Anyone who disagrees with Kittens's position is a racist ? 

Such is the debating skill of the left !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Notice the "subtle" linkage there. Anyone who disagrees with Kittens's position is a racist ? 

Such is the debating skill of the left !

It's really not possible to read Ravenhawk's opening post and come to any other conclusion. It's absolutely disgusting.

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's really not possible to read Ravenhawk's opening post and come to any other conclusion. It's absolutely disgusting.

Not if it's true ! 

.."....By the 1980s, TB was considered to be almost eradicated in the UK. However, this is said to have changed again with the increase in travel and migration. The review suggests that the poorer socio-economic status and living conditions experienced by certain population groups have led to a gradual re-emergence of TB as a public health problem in Europe..."

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/tb-rises-in-uk-and-london/

.....TB rates are now at the lowest recorded level ever in England, following concerted efforts to address a two-decade-long rise in cases that started in the mid-1980s. .. 71% of cases were among people born outside the UK

https://www.tbalert.org/about-tb/statistics-a-targets/uk-stats-and-targets/

.. Or are the NHS racist ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I love America. I hate PC.

If you say so…

But that does not make Trump better than the douchebag he is. He's a mistake. A big one!

That’s your opinion.  His style just rubs certain people the wrong way.  I highly applaud that because those that are rubbed the wrong way deserve it.  Trump has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff.  He’s not a mistake.  He is precisely what this nation needs right now, someone to clean house.  And after the previous Administration, we are sorely in need of it.  Nature likes to keep a balance, we are way out of balance right now and Trump is returning that balance.

Edit: I wont take part in political threads, but sometimes threads turn political. So I'm out now!

This was meant to be political, that’s why it was in the politics forum.  DOH!

17 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Well when millions go untreated in this country due to lack of healthcare, it only makes sense for diseases to pop up.

Yeah i was pretty appalled to find out when my kid was incredibly constipated a couple weeks ago and we were told to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. When i found an emergency care clinic they gave me a prescription which the phatmacy told me i would have to wait for. Its been 2 weeks and we still havent gotten it. Luckily he is ok but it scares me, what would happen when we really needed something.

If you havent noticed healty care has been segregated. We get different doctors and levels of care based on our insurance. Luckily i was able to pay cash and get a special dentist because the wait time for a medical dentist to perform vital operations was 2 years. 

Vaccines are mandatory in california. The problem is the massive failure in our healthcare system. In my lifetime i learned that it will take several trips and for you to figure out the diagnosis and educate the doctor on it to even get a thorough analysis, no matter how simple. And i lived in several different places it is usually the same story. My friend just about died a few days ago because he had a sudden onset of diabetes... The doctor wasted days trying to convince him it could be aids before figuring it out.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Not if it's true ! 

.."....By the 1980s, TB was considered to be almost eradicated in the UK. However, this is said to have changed again with the increase in travel and migration. The review suggests that the poorer socio-economic status and living conditions experienced by certain population groups have led to a gradual re-emergence of TB as a public health problem in Europe..."

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/tb-rises-in-uk-and-london/

.....TB rates are now at the lowest recorded level ever in England, following concerted efforts to address a two-decade-long rise in cases that started in the mid-1980s. .. 71% of cases were among people born outside the UK

https://www.tbalert.org/about-tb/statistics-a-targets/uk-stats-and-targets/

Pretty disingenuous of you to include a study that has nothing to do with South American communities considering this is a thread trying to promote a wall to keep out folks from South American communities.

The thread and the association being made are racist as hell, i mean we're all shocked by that right :rolleyes:

Here in America we have TB outbreaks all the time in the native communities. Some day we'll figure out how they're sneaking into our country ......smdh

• Like 4