Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Altering Reality

Duke Wellington

I have been studying the Bible, Kabballah, Gnosticism, do as thou wilt, and chaos Magic. My views are that God is a state of non-duality not a supernatural entity. That non-duality firstly collapsed into space, time, matter, and our individual egos. The collapse was caused by having thought(s). Then a secondary process occurred which was four forces emanating from our individual egos to create a reality unique to each of us. I call those four ego forces:

1. I am - This is an identity based force.

2. I am not - This is too.

3. I wish - This is a dissatisfaction based force.

4. I wish not - So is this.

The four forces conspire together to break down our egos. Once we have achieved that we can move to letting go of all thought reversing the collapse of non-duality. So that pretty much sums up my religious views and I have noticed ego death and letting go of the need for thought are the core aims of many of the worlds religions. But I have been experimenting to see if I can alter reality using the four forces. I reason that the universe mirrors back to us the force we use and the context we use it in. I reason that is the method of torture to break down our egos. Below are some examples:

1. I wish I was rich - When we starting putting that type of thought out the universe sends us experiences which make us want to be rich. That does our egos in.

2. I wish I didnt have responsibility - The universe mirrors this back to us too with experiences continuing to make us wish we didnt have responsibility. That also does our egos in.

3. I am intelligent or I am not intelligent - The universe treats us as if this was the case and then sends us some negative catches to do our heads in.

So I have been wishing I was poor, wishing I could be lazy and stay in bed all day, wishing that if I must work I could have a low job where I only have to serve other people, wishing with my actual job that I didnt have responsibility, wishing I didnt have to make decisions for other people, and wishing I could be insignificant and not the centre of attention. I have also been focusing on how I see myself as a successful manager. And seeing myself as not an incompetent employee that many others are.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got promoted and got a substantial wage rise. The downside is my senior position is irritating. This stuff works.

Edited by RabidMongoose

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes83

• Habitat

• 029b10

• Duke Wellington

Lol if I’m reading correctly and you have discovered the laws of the universe and mind, I should hope to never see my kids from a previous marriage again in order to actually see them again and spend time with them? 

Let’s say I’m rich, should I be greatful for being wealthy or simply disgusted with all the responsibility I have?

my wife, greatful for her affection or secretly disgusted with the whole setup?

I can't say I wish I didn't read the opening post, but I do wish I could judge whether it was anything more than just using positive thinking and visualization, to help improve your life. 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:09 PM, RabidMongoose said:

My views are that God is a state of non-duality not a supernatural entity.

What you believe is called Nondualism, which some don't consider to be a view of enlightenment but rather a sign of corruption [See Duet 4:16-19]

Nonduality is the human experience of oneness with all things; a sense of connectedness and identity with the entire universe. It is intimacy with everything. In this experience, the sense of being a witness or seer of things vanishes completely, and instead you feel yourself to be whatever thing you are beholding. You don’t see the mountain, you are the mountain. You don’t hear a bird, you are birdsong. Awareness is no longer split into a experiencer and the thing that is experienced, there is just pure experience with no divisions. This experience of oneness is the essence of nonduality.  Source: https://deconstructingyourself.com/nonduality

And seeing myself as not an incompetent employee that many others are.

Do incompetent employees even know that they are incompetent or do they believe that they are competent because they know that their work, while acceptable and satisfactory, is still not outstanding?

The downside is my senior position is irritating.

Why would you think that a senior position would be rewarding if you have to work with incompetent people?

On 06.02.2019 at 1:09 AM, RabidMongoose said:

I have been studying the Bible, Kabballah, Gnosticism, do as thou wilt, and chaos Magic. My views are that God is a state of non-duality not a supernatural entity.

One does not contradict the other. Our mind habitually makes the selection "God is like this and he is not different" but this is just a choice that makes our mind not having a comprehensive understanding and scope.

The Cosmic Spirit is the master, Ishwara of all nature, and the individual soul is the representative of Ishwara, his governor, receiver and master over his own individual nature and form, which is part of the universal energy of Nature.

Ishwara is within and beyond the cosmos; He is that which transcends, sustains, and gives life to any individuality; He is the highest and universal Brahman, the Absolute, the higher self, the highest Purusha. At the same time, Ishwara is not personified by God of world religions, a being limited by his qualities and properties, individualized and isolated from all others; for all personalized gods are nothing but limited manifestations, names or divine personalities of the same Ishwara; Nirguna Ishwara, impersonal and without qualities is another aspect of the manifestation of His being. Ishvara is Brahman-Reality, the highest "I", the Spirit, manifested as the master and owner of its own self-existing being, the creator and inhabitant of the universe, the creator of all gods, surpassing them in nature, the Eternal, Infinite, Unheardy - Divine Transcendent.

Been studying all religions in the Bible and others, is the only one is love from Jesus`s  in the Christiany in the new testimony:)

Edited by docyabut2

On 2/9/2019 at 4:52 AM, 029b10 said:

What you believe is called Nondualism, which some don't consider to be a view of enlightenment but rather a sign of corruption [See Duet 4:16-19]

Nonduality is the human experience of oneness with all things; a sense of connectedness and identity with the entire universe. It is intimacy with everything. In this experience, the sense of being a witness or seer of things vanishes completely, and instead you feel yourself to be whatever thing you are beholding. You don’t see the mountain, you are the mountain. You don’t hear a bird, you are birdsong. Awareness is no longer split into a experiencer and the thing that is experienced, there is just pure experience with no divisions. This experience of oneness is the essence of nonduality.  Source: https://deconstructingyourself.com/nonduality

Do incompetent employees even know that they are incompetent or do they believe that they are competent because they know that their work, while acceptable and satisfactory, is still not outstanding?

Why would you think that a senior position would be rewarding if you have to work with incompetent people?

Hi, 

When you referenced Deuteronomy 4, what were you referencing it in terms of? What were you contrasting it to? The chapter and versus you referred  are simply ssaying to be watchful of not forming   idols out of anything be it male female bird bull ect. I'm not following why you referred to it. Why did you?

"So watch yourselves carefully, since you did not see any form on the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire, 16so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 17the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky, 18the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water below the earth. 19And beware not to lift up your eyes to heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, and be drawn away and worship them and serve them, those which the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven. 20But the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, from Egypt, to be a people for His own possession, as today.