Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gary McKinnon

TrumanB

52 minutes ago, John n b said:

I haven't got any proof that we are being visited be ETs, and you haven't got any proof that were not, are you another one that walks around with their head pointing to the ground.

You also can't read; you can't accuse some one of dismissing something you haven't presented.

Continue walking around with your head up your backside.

53 minutes ago, John n b said:

I never said mcKinnon provided proof, I was talking generally about you sceptics dismissing everything that's presented to you.

You said sceptics ask for proof then dismiss it.  What proof?  Your p*** poor videos?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

You said sceptics ask for proof then dismiss it.  What proof?  Your p*** poor videos?

You don't even know me, if you think that I see every p*** poor video as  proof of alien visitation then your sadly mistaken, in the forty odd years that I've been interested in the subject I've only seen about two or three videos that could possibly be evidence of a ET craft.

• Like 2

Just now, John n b said:

You don't even know me, if you think that I see every p*** poor video as  proof of alien visitation then your sadly mistaken, in the forty odd years that I've been interested in the subject I've only seen about two or three videos that could possibly be evidence of a ET craft.

Why respond when you're clearly incapable of answering the question?

• Confused 1

I haven't presented anything, I never said that I had anything to present, I might have trouble reading as you suggest , but you seem to have trouble understanding a simple statement.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John n b said:

I never said mcKinnon provided proof, I was talking generally about you sceptics dismissing everything that's presented to you.

I`m not skeptic and I`m not dismissing all these funny UFO reports. My judgement is based on facts and its very clear: until today we do not have a single example/proof that would affirm that any kind of extraterrestrial crafts/beings have ever been seen by humans. Not a single one. Its the UFO heads community`s well known modus operandi to name all people who dont buy the provided nonsense, as skeptics dispite the fact that they are not skeptic about the matter.

Edited by toast

Good grief folks, nice introduction to a new member in this thread :( And John n b, you might not be familiar with the... flavor of beliefs and not amongst the spooky subjects around here yet. Don't be so fierce to rise about skeptics just yet.  Be nice everyone, and discuss the topic of Gary McKinnon in a civil manner please.

And back to the op, and the questions.. Not sure if I've heard of this guy before. I have the feeling others are rather familiar with him perhaps and clue me (and others that may be reading along and don't know who this guy is either) in about this guy and give some informative answers to the OP if folks would be so kind.

This guy must have been brilliant if he was able to break into military computers. What do you think about his story? Did he really see documents on UFOs and such stuff?

I'm not sure about the brilliance... but for sure savvy about what loopholes to look for in some military computers. Smart enough to find a bunch of blanks he could tap into. Being a systems admin probably helped out with that- kind of his job to work on stuff like this.

I think he decided to do this hacking project for fun, knowing he could get into a lot of trouble in very legal ways. And he indeed got in trouble.

Did he see docs on UFO's and such? The wikipedia has a bunch of links I'll wander through to see what he might have. I'm rather questioning of if he recorded or documented any of this. So his claims that he saw it and actual evidence that he did haven't met up yet for me.

Other members have already chimed in with some excellent info about how military security and systems work already.. more than I knew before starting to read this thread.

And back to you John... what are your answers so far to all of your own questions? What are your musings about what you think about his story and what he really saw?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John n b said:

Sceptics are always banging on about proof, yet when anyone provides some proof they look for some excuse to dismiss it, who do you actually want to hear it from that we are being visited by ETs .

you call it excuse, many call it logic as a reason to dismiss it...

you keep using the word Sceptic.. as you've obviously noticed; there's a few participating in this thread:

what is it you think we are sceptical of? just out of interest 

How do you prove a logical explanation is the answer to what someone has seen. I think your sceptical of another race much more advanced than ours having the ability to travel through space visiting other planets, after all, isn't that what NASA is aiming for, we've  had man on the moon, next will be man on mars when technology allows, deep space probes building a understanding of space with each mission, I've said it before, one day one of our spacecraft will be a UFO on another planet.

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Free energy is a myth.

It's not. Tesla discovered a way to use it and some people after him too...but that's for a different topic.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John n b said:

I think your sceptical of another race much more advanced than ours having the ability to travel through space visiting other planets,

i doubt (in fact i'm sure) this is not what sceptics in this thread are sceptical of.. try again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

i doubt (in fact i'm sure) this is not what sceptics in this thread are sceptical of.. try again

I don't think so, im not going to play guessing games, so why don't you just tell me what you and the rest of the sceptics on here are sceptical about, if the other sceptics are happy for you to speak out on their behalf.

1 hour ago, John n b said:

I don't think so, im not going to play guessing games, so why don't you just tell me what you and the rest of the sceptics on here are sceptical about, if the other sceptics are happy for you to speak out on their behalf.

fair enough... 

Personally I'd say it's highly unlikely- bordering on impossible us humans are the only intelligent/ sentient life-forms in this vast universe of ours.

I say it's quite possible other life forms have been here in the past or are indeed here now.

Many many <stories> around of contact etc of which do not convince me it's true.

You asked:

Did he really see documents on UFOs and such stuff?

to which I answered no-- & to be honest I couldn't be bothered to explain why because I've been over & over this case a thousand times in the past.

Just suggesting you believe it could be true just because you <believe> will not warrant any serious debate- so do yaself a favour & us the honour of not moaning about skeptical views... 

What you need to do is look at it logically, make some good points as to why you feel it could be... Only then will you warrant such debate..Cheers 

Let's just say for argument's sake he did access this stuff. Why wouldn't he save something to a drive or a disk? Why wouldn't he print hard copies of his discoveries of proof? The lack of supporting items makes it hard to believe.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Let's just say for argument's sake he did access this stuff. Why wouldn't he save something to a drive or a disk? Why wouldn't he print hard copies of his discoveries of proof? The lack of supporting items makes it hard to believe.

You're probably right. This guy may be a lier...

Edited by TrumanB

8 hours ago, TrumanB said:

It's not. Tesla discovered a way to use it and some people after him too...but that's for a different topic.

Wrong, Tesla's "free energy" was from the earth and sun.  Instead of parroting you should read what his idea was.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John n b said:

I haven't presented anything, I never said that I had anything to present, I might have trouble reading as you suggest , but you seem to have trouble understanding a simple statement.

No, you said sceptics ask for proof then dismiss it.  What proof?  Support your statement or admit you're a liar.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, TrumanB said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon#Statements_to_the_media

This guy must have been brilliant if he was able to break into military computers. What do you think about his story? Did he really see documents on UFOs and such stuff?

Sounds to me it wasnt his brilliance....it was their non brilliance of not changing default passwords. That perl script took him 20minutes if that to make lol. But finding the hole is the hardest part of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

No, you said sceptics ask for proof then dismiss it.  What proof?  Support your statement or admit you're a liar.

What proof you ask, proof that we are and have been visited by ETs.

54 minutes ago, John n b said:

What proof you ask, proof that we are and have been visited by ETs.

Where is it then?  You're accusing sceptics of dismissing proof.  Where is the damn proof?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Trelane said:

He probably couldn't get his printer to work properly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John n b said:

How do you prove a logical explanation is the answer to what someone has seen. I think your sceptical of another race much more advanced than ours having the ability to travel through space visiting other planets, after all, isn't that what NASA is aiming for, we've  had man on the moon, next will be man on mars when technology allows, deep space probes building a understanding of space with each mission, I've said it before, one day one of our spacecraft will be a UFO on another planet.

Here in lies the problem you might not understand. A skeptic does not dismiss aliens, nor does a skeptic accept the existence of aliens. We simply have no evidence either way. To me the existence of aliens is an undecidable question. Almost every time I state that someone chimes in with how large the universe is as if I am not aware of that simple fact. They point out how more and more planets are being discovered as if I am not aware of that. Then they stoop to using an appeal to incredulity. That is where they act incredulous at the chance this is the only place in the universe with life. That is the problem.  Being incredulous is not evidence. we have an example of 1 right now. Only Earth has life. No evidence of life on Mrs has appeared, but that may change. There are other proposed places we can look in our solar system. But there is no evidence leaving the existence of aliens an undecidable question. I'm sure you might be thinking of the Drake equation at this point to support your incredulous argument. Most people are not aware that all of the numbers in the Drake equation are made up with no basis for their values. About all we know is that the probability of life in the universe is greater than 0. We exist and that makes it greater than 0. What we don't know is how close to 0 the value is. For all we know it might be really close to zero.

The problem is that the argument from incredulity becomes a belief that we are currently being visited. It's a wishful thought. It's an interesting thought. Is there evidence for it? Nothing. Then come these lousy videos in which nothing can be made out. People want to suggest these unknown dots with no detail might be alien craft. That makes me want to laugh. The lousy videos offer nothing to the discussion. The problem as I see it is that this feeling of being incredulous taints the ability of the video viewer to accept that the video is pointless.

BTW, the next people in space was the ISS. After that it will be a permanent lunar orbiter before Mars. And the probes we send out are more likely to become part of a star than a UFO on another planet. They are more likely to be a fleeting meteor or a crater than a UFO on another planet.

12 hours ago, Trelane said:

From what I remember his excuse was he used his own download software which didn't store it to disk.  Seems rather convenient.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Yes it is and no he didn't. The first is a physical impossibility and the second a total fabrication.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yes it is and no he didn't. The first is a physical impossibility and the second a total fabrication.

yep