Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gary McKinnon

TrumanB

On 2/6/2019 at 4:34 AM, John n b said:

Sceptics are always banging on about proof, yet when anyone provides some proof they look for some excuse to dismiss it, who do you actually want to hear it from that we are being visited by ETs .

Exactly. You can’ Prove a negative. There has been some recently released drone footage from Utah of a “UFO”. The video is really intriguing. Immediately skeptics were claiming CGI, until the raw footage was released with the metadata. Then they said it was a bird or a bug. Until the video was actually analyzed and some parallax geometry and gps coordinates as well as google earth were utilized to figure out angles, distances and speeds. The object was said to have been traveling 8-9,000 mph as measured by the distance it moves from landmarks. 

57 minutes ago, Cynik said:

There has been some recently released drone footage from Utah of a “UFO”.

recently?...........have you got a link?

On 6.2.2019. at 1:34 PM, John n b said:

Sceptics are always banging on about proof, yet when anyone provides some proof they look for some excuse to dismiss it, who do you actually want to hear it from that we are being visited by ETs .

Good point. Not releated to this case of our system administrator who is propably a lier but it could be used in the second topic I opened about that Brazilian city. When you show them witnesses or photos   that are proven to be authentic that start giving ridiculous explanations.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

When you show them witnesses or photos   that are proven to be authentic that start giving ridiculous explanations.

i didn't know there are photos of a claim that have been proven authentic.. could you link us to an example,... thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truman, dont make up stuff, not cool,

Witnesses are unreliable, and not proof, anecdotal, stories, are not proof except to gullible true belivers.

No photos or links were posted of the Brazilian alien, i pressed you to post some and you never did, because you have zero.

Lets see, its more ridiculous to claim alien with zero proof than nutball acting crazy covered it mud.

One thing now came to my mind regarding UFOs, there are numerous pilot testimonies who during their flights saw them...How do you explain that?

3 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

One thing now came to my mind regarding UFOs, there are numerous pilot testimonies who during their flights saw them...How do you explain that?

And this is proven how?

Links, photos?

Sorry, stories are not proof.

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

recently?...........have you got a link?

Here ya go...

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

And this is proven how?

Links, photos?

Sorry, stories are not proof.

There are videos , photos, radar and FLIR images.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cynik said:

Here ya go...

There are videos , photos, radar and FLIR images.

hey thanks..... it looks very CGI to me. the reason i suggest this is because it's my job= i do this for a living.

4K footage yet there is heavy motion blur.... in software like aftereffects & the like; people tend to go over the top with motion blur in an attempt to add realism- as in this case i feel.

but who really knows.. i don't that's for sure.. cheers;)

• Like 1

Sorry cynik, i see a blur, i bug, a bird, superman, cgi, i dont know what it is but its not proof of aliens or even a craft worldly or not...

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, under every video of this sort, people write message where they state that they've seen UFO in some occasion during their lifetime. For ex. check this guy who starts his message with " I'm a retired police lieutenant and a Christian "...I don't think that people who write that sort of stuff are liers.

3 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I'm a retired police lieutenant and a Christian "...I don't think that people who write that sort of stuff are liers.

this doesn't mean it's something weird & wonderful because you don't know what you're looking at....

police lieutenants and Christians can be mistaken

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TrumanB said:

The story about that car and free energy is not hoax at all, there are testimonies. Why the governments don't use it? Well, I gave you the explanation that has perfect sense. Because governments don't decide on this matter, those guys who have the money don't want free energy and they are in charge. You have the same thing with big pharma. There are numerous cases where people were able to produce some sort of free energy in their own homes but they would be shut down and their equipment would be taken by government officers etc ( I don't claim that Tesla is the only one who was smart enough to figure out how to employ it, there are so many cases all over the globe ). It's a fact. Big boys don't want you to have free energy. US government and other world governments are a puppet when it comes to this matter. There are numerous ways you can use free energy, search online if you don't believe me.

This is false. There are no testimonies. There is a single story and no evidence.

You claim that "those guys who have the money don't want free energy and they are in charge" You'd have to be a complete moron to accept that. Free energy lets countries such as China and Japan to dominate the world's markets with their manufactured goods.But free energy is a story told to the foolish that believe in anything told them.

Then there are the laughable lies about the government shutting down free energy in homes. You'd have to be an amazingly incompetent person to believe that rubbish. I know people off the grid. They'd love this to  be true. It isn't. For those wondering, it isn't possible for the government to know anyone is using free energy.

Only fools think that they can get something for free. The same idiocy was rampant just before 2012 with loonies believing that they would gain super powers in 2012.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Because Big Boys would have to shut down the whole internet and it's not possible? You still have some guys in South America who use free energy for lighting their remote houses but that's not something that has a big impact.

Another loony story. It's always happening far away. I know people near me and they are smarter than the loonies that think free energy exists.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Interestingly, under every video of this sort, people write message where they state that they've seen UFO in some occasion during their lifetime. For ex. check this guy who starts his message with " I'm a retired police lieutenant and a Christian "...I don't think that people who write that sort of stuff are liers.

Ive never been impressed with anyone who directly or by proxy feel the need to spew unnecessarily about their credibility by listing why in their mind their "opinion" is more valuable, of more merit than the next guys,

Mostly i see them as walking piles of fertilizer.

I do not want to imagine anyone could be so naive as to believe that police, doctors, clergy, etc are above reproach, look at police who are arrested for crimes, priests who molest, etc, it goes on and on, humans are not perfect not one is.

I am also not so short sighted as to believe every person who tells some amazing story is a liar, they could be mistaken, they could be delusional, and while it is still lying, they could just be spewing a tale for attention with no malace intended.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Sorry cynik, i see a blur, i bug, a bird, superman, cgi, i dont know what it is but its not proof of aliens or even a craft worldly or not...

Obviously you didn’t actually watch the video. The metadata has also been released from the raw footage. You skeptics are so quick to explain that everything is explainable with no basis. 

Never said anything about aliens. Ass. Sorry, but someone needs to call the three of you on your ****. The government disagrees with you, so do astronauts, fighter pilots etc. there are hundreds if not thousands of cases that are unexplainable. Yet you always want to call it a bug. What’s your problem? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cynik said:

...the video was actually analyzed and some parallax geometry and gps coordinates as well as google earth ...

Parallax geometry requires values from at least 2 positions. The funny math in the vid is based on values from 1 position only. Thus, no parallax geometry has been done in the vid. And no, the utility pole`s position isnt of relevance here as it wasnt a position of observing and data collection.

The object was said to have been traveling 8-9,000 mph as measured by the distance it moves from landmarks. 

Due to missing parallax geometry values, its impossible to calculate the object`s speed because its distance to the cam is unknown.

Nice try, Sherlock, but sorry, no banana.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cynik said:

Obviously you didn’t actually watch the video. The metadata has also been released from the raw footage. You skeptics are so quick to explain that everything is explainable with no basis. 

And obviously, as has been pointed out, you don't know what parallax means.  That alone means that videos claims are so dumb that it's not worth wasting my time to look at further.  However, I'll be happy to look at it in some more detail if someone else (someone who shows they understand parallax and photogrammetry) would like to dispute my comments.   And yes, cynik, it's you that has been called on your bullmanure.

FTR, it's obviously a freakin' BUG flying across the field of view.  Seriously, you can't work that out?

THINK!  How long would it take a bug, let's say 5 feet away from the lens, to travel across the entire field of view?

Yes, cynik, you are now learning about angular velocity, and also how stupid that video and it's pretend-analysis-for-trolls, is.

If anyone else is genuinely curious about this stuff, ask away.  (not you, cynik.)

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PS... metadata on videos is largely useless, even though it sounds cool.  Cameras don't suddenly get rangefinding abilities just because the file may have some attached data.  As always (Hi, Rob Woodus) if you don't know what you are doing, you will get your maths all horribly wrong.....

Metadata can be useful on still images, where the aperture/flash and shutter speed settings may substantially affect the image.  But in this case, there's all the evidence you need right there on the video to see that was a bug - how anyone familiar with cameras could think that was anything else .. just beggars belief.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

PS... metadata on videos is largely useless, even though it sounds cool.  Cameras don't suddenly get rangefinding abilities just because the file may have some attached data.  As always (Hi, Rob Woodus) if you don't know what you are doing, you will get your maths all horribly wrong.....

Metadata can be useful on still images, where the aperture/flash and shutter speed settings may substantially affect the image.  But in this case, there's all the evidence you need right there on the video to see that was a bug - how anyone familiar with cameras could think that was anything else .. just beggars belief.

Beyond everything you have said, metadata can be edited as well. After taking a very brief look at whats out there regarding this 'evidence' I would agree, bug video.

Even if it weren't, it would just be another video of something unidentified and nothing more. Blurry photos, videos, testimonials, stories and claims are not real evidence ultimately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, esoteric_toad said:

Beyond everything you have said, metadata can be edited as well.

That's a good point.  In reality, metadata would only be useful if the investigating party had access to the original recorded media, and were able to verify that the file was as recorded (difficult but not impossible).

Thing is, we have, to date, no footage deserving of such scrutiny...  :D    Not holdin' my breath.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

That's a good point.  In reality, metadata would only be useful if the investigating party had access to the original recorded media, and were able to verify that the file was as recorded (difficult but not impossible).

Thing is, we have, to date, no footage deserving of such scrutiny...  :D    Not holdin' my breath.

I wouldn't recommend the breath holding regardless. The way I see it, video and pictures could only be useful if there are multiple sources from unrelated individuals from several different locations before I would ever even consider it 'interesting' let alone evidence. 

I always found it hilarious/strange that there are videos/photographs of "UFO OVER (insert larger metropolitan city)" and there is one picture or one shaky out-of-focus video....from a city of up to MILLIONS of people.

In this case what appears to be a bug is now an alien visitor. If people looked at any videos taken outdoors they likely would see hundreds and hundreds of 'alien visitors'. That is, if we consider insects aliens from another world (or dimensional beings, bigfoots, demons, ghosts or supernatural critter du jour). That has always and still is the problem, propagating non-evidence instead of trying to find the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cynik said:

Obviously you didn’t actually watch the video.

yep, the usual boring rebuttle= seen it a thousand times before :sleepy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1