Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danydandan

Anecdotes and Anecdotal Evidence.

1,048 posts in this topic

Piney
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

You're absolutely right. I agree. 

Progressing instead of striving then.

Small steps. Easy does it. Go with the flow?

That's better.:yes:

• Thanks 1

Guyver
3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I don't think that necessarily follows either.  We are machines in countless ways, we rely on that to live, I can be pretty lazy sometimes and would likely already be dead if the responsibility to keep my heart beating was relying on 'me' to keep it going.  I guess by removing an option that I can do that might make me more like a machine but it seems like that would be mostly inconsequential since even without the ability to abuse we still have far more choices and actions we could take that we will never have time to.

Not that I don't understand what you're getting at.  I've been thinking about it from the perspective of a reality where we actually could teleport.  If that reality had similar ills to what we have in this world then teleportation may drastically improve survivability and decrease suffering; countless people in accidents and wars die partly because they cannot get medical assistance in time, many crimes would be extremely difficult to pull off (although it might make others easier...), etc.  Now think of what people would say in that reality, I'll paraphrase what you said earlier, 'would you want to live in a world where you cannot teleport, where god removes that ability?'.  From their perspective the world without teleportation would be horrifying, the amount of blood and suffering so much greater than their reality, the impact of bad people's bad choices would have so much more negative impact.  In other words, our reality.

Yes.  Existence could be as a lucid dream....as we could imagine it.  Maybe that’s where the ideas of heaven come from.  Lucid dreams are amazing.  I’ve heard Astro projection is superior, but I’ve never had it.  I mean, I did have it one time, I was a child, I got scared and didn’t go with it.  I willed myself back to my body.  Man I wish I had the clankers then..  I would love to have ridden that one out.  I was half way to the moon in about ten seconds.

• Like 2

Ruby04
6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Alright. Given your definition of what living perfectly as a human being is, can that possibly be achieved?

Extremely unlikely due to the changes it would take in the world and because it would not suit all. 

I would never want to and could never dictate how all should live. 

For example I’m not a vegan (not a huge red meat, mostly chicken eater either) but wouldn’t tell vegans etc they have to change because I don’t agree with them. 

Or as Ive stated many times I’m about to become a mom, I don’t believe every woman (who can) should be a mom. 

Its not for every woman. 

Strictly in a biological sense women’s bodies are designed to carry and birth children, however there are fertility complications and personal choice as to why not all have them. 

I have friends (and family) who either don’t want children or cannot have them or have medical complications with pregnancy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dejarma

Other people set a standard relative to you & how you feel... Strive to be happy.. An example:

when I used to teach guitar many years ago I'd suggest to pupils it's not good to try & be the best.

I used to say= if strumming the chord of C for an hour gives you pleasure/ makes you happy then it's job done- that's what it's all about,.... How good you are is irrelevant IMO

• Like 3

Piney
2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Or as Ive stated many times I’m about to become a mom, I don’t believe every woman (who can) should be a mom. 

Or bear a broken child after abusing her body with narcotics and not want it. As was the case with mine. 

• Like 2

Ruby04
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Or bear a broken child after abusing her body with narcotics and not want it. As was the case with mine. 

Sad that happened with you and yes that’s part of my point. 

For myself I’ve known since I was a kid I wanted to be a mom one day. 

From 18 years old on I couldn’t wait, but it wasn’t the right time (so I was on birth control, for medical reason and to prevent pregnancy from 24-30 years old) until I met my partner and we had a discussion about stopping birth control. 

I despite having a medical problem (sadly runs in my family along with ovarian cysts) that often affects fertility am still very fertile and got pregnant at 30. 

• Like 4

Dejarma

I despite having a medical problem (sadly runs in my family along with ovarian cysts) that often affects fertility am still very fertile and got pregnant at 30. 

nice one, i'm happy for you- congratulation;)

• Like 1

Piney
3 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Sad that happened with you and yes that’s part of my point. 

That's part of my point. People say "Wow! your in great physical shape." and I strive to keep my health good. But I still have a deformities, aneurysms, one kidney and a touch and go heart.  I'm not perfect. I do take somewhat care of myself though. But I'm not perfect.

I practice martial arts and meditation. I was taught shamanism. But I still have chemical imbalance depression. Nothing stops that. Just stunts it's effects. 

I don't strive for perfection. I smoked for 40 years, not chain, just a few a day, thinking my heart or the aneurysms was going to kill me anyway. Now I want to see my grandchildren grow. I've taken red meat out of my diet. Quit smoking. 

• Like 4

Will Due
6 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Extremely unlikely due to the changes it would take in the world

Congrats on soon becoming a mom. In my opinion being a parent to a child is the highest of all human privileges.

Back to perfection.

The world doesn't need to change to achieve perfection. It's just a backdrop. The only changes that need to occur are the changes that would occur in a person. Not the world.

But of course, the world would become perfected that way too. One person at a time. 

Perhaps thats what's so perfect about having children. It's the opportunity to simultaneously perfect oneself through experiencing motherhood while laying the groundwork for your child to find it for themselves someday. 

• Like 1

Habitat
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's part of my point. People say "Wow! your in great physical shape." and I strive to keep my health good. But I still have a deformities, aneurysms, one kidney and a touch and go heart.  I'm not perfect. I do take somewhat care of myself though. But I'm not perfect.

I practice martial arts and meditation. I was taught shamanism. But I still have chemical imbalance depression. Nothing stops that. Just stunts it's effects. 

I don't strive for perfection. I smoked for 40 years, not chain, just a few a day, thinking my heart or the aneurysms was going to kill me anyway. Now I want to see my grandchildren grow. I've taken red meat out of my diet. Quit smoking. 

WIth heart, blood vessel, and kidney issues, keeping blood pressure well controlled will go a long way to keeping you going, everyone with that profile should invest $100 in a BP monitor, and check regularly.

• Like 1

Piney
2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

WIth heart, blood vessel, and kidney issues, keeping blood pressure well controlled will go a long way to keeping you going, everyone with that profile should invest $100 in a BP monitor, and check regularly.

I still have my old school German made mechanical sphygmomanometer from my medic days. 

....**** that digital trash. :yes:

• Like 1

Guyver
9 hours ago, Will Due said:

Jesus (God) appeared in the flesh.

Many who were set in their beliefs did not believe him. He did not represent what many believed by how he lived his life.

This is still happening. 

Eh....sorry....not convinced.  Not convinced Jesus actually came in the flesh the way the bible says.  I mean, if the bible is to believed, then it’s words should be reliable.  If what the bible actually says actually worked, that would be amazing.  For example, Jesus told believers that the same works he did, they would do.  He never said, they would do it for a while then it would die out with the last apostle.  Jesus was able to heal all manner of sickness and disease, according to the bible, healed all the sick in places, raised the dead, and walked on water.

Christians can’t do any of that.  If they could walk into the children’s hospital and heal every sick child instantly, like the bible says they could.....then everyone would believe.  But it doesn’t happen now, and there’s no good reason to believe it ever happened because the only record of the Bible is the bible itself.  It’s been edited so many times, and there’s reason to believe that the originals were destroyed by the Romans, and what we have now was mostly given by the elders who survived the persecution by memory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Piney
8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Perhaps thats what's so perfect about having children. It's the opportunity to simultaneously perfect oneself through experiencing motherhood while laying the groundwork for your child to find it for themselves someday. 

Any decent parent, mother or father always strives for their children to be better than they are.  

• Like 5

Habitat
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

sphygmomanometer

You were able to spell that, or the spellchecker did ? :D

• Thanks 1

Will Due
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Material perfection of the body can't ever be achieved. Getting old is proof enough of that.

But not so with spiritual perfection.

The perfection of the heart.

• Like 1

Piney
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You were able to spell that, or the spellchecker did ? :D

You don't even want to know what auto-corrupt did with that. :o

:lol:

Piney
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But not so with spiritual perfection.

One compliments the other as long as we are in the physical world. I'll tell you what happens in Maanituu later on.........maybe...:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Will Due
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Any decent parent, mother or father always strives for their children to be better than they are.  

Absolutely. I often looked at it as dropping down on my hands and knees so my kids could stand on my back to get over a wall I could never get beyond.

• Like 1

Ruby04
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

People tend to think if outside looks healthy to them all inside is good. 

Which is not always the case. 

Way to go on quitting, I’ve never smoked (don’t do drugs) at worse I’ll drink every now and then currently I ofcourse don’t drink my partner went from pack of 50 a day to 3 (he’s in process still of quitting. He’s a non drinker) at most a day.

Hes 26 this year.  

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Congrats on soon becoming a mom. In my opinion being a parent to a child is the highest of all human privileges.

Back to perfection.

The world doesn't need to change to achieve perfection. It's just a backdrop. The only changes that need to occur are the changes that would occur in a person. Not the world.

But of course, the world would become perfected that way too. One person at a time. 

Even great moms aren’t perfect, perfection is not possible. 

My dear mom was a wonderful mom but not perfect. 

She was and dad still is hard working, both did their best to provide for us. 

One of the reasons my partner has been quitting is he never wants our kids to see him smoking 

• Like 5

Will Due
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

One compliments the other as long as we are in the physical world. I'll tell you what happens in Maanituu later on.........maybe...:lol:

I bet you will. Just don't write a book. :P

• Haha 1

Piney

One of the reasons my partner has been quitting is he never wants our kids to see him smoking 

I don't smoke around the grandgoobers or the Quaker Meeting kids I watch. 

My mates smoked and drank around the boys so it didn't matter.

Ruby04
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

You don't even want to know what auto-corrupt did with that. :o

:lol:

Mine likes Rob, Wang < no clue where it got them from and sex instead of sec as in second. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I don't smoke around the grandgoobers or the Quaker Meeting kids I watch. 

My mates smoked and drank around the boys so it didn't matter.

Its a he’d rather not have her or future kids think well if dads smoking i/we can. 

We (well dad since it’s his house we live in with him) have a no smoking inside rule and they’ll be none around her. Plus a if you’ve been drinking or are drunk you’re not holding her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Habitat
9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

If we are imagining worlds why not just make this abuse impossible?  Make a world where the idea to purposely hurt kids or animals is not even a possible thought or action, there must be all kinds of things that no one has thought of in this reality already that we seem to persevere without and that still leave us with a lot of choices for our actions.  There are already plenty of actions we cannot take, why would removing our ability to do bad things be any worse or damaging to our 'free will' than our current inability to teleport?

Weren't you a pilot in the military ? (apologies if I am confusing you with anyone else) Seems to me such jobs would be gone in a world where kids are prevented being hurt by deliberate human actions. Then I suppose we could get a child get  hold of an assault rifle and go on a killing spree, but nope, we can't hurt him ! Once you start going down this track, it just keeps going, till every human action grinds to a halt.

Ruby04
54 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Then I suppose we could get a child get  hold of an assault rifle and go on a killing spree, but nope, we can't hurt him ! Once you start going down this track, it just keeps going, till every human action grinds to a halt.

Outside of child soldiers and criminally mentally unwell children a child wouldn’t 1 be able to get a hold of such weapon or know how to use one. 

Also I doubt an assault weapon would be needed in the perfect world 

• Like 1

Mr Walker
11 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

As far as I'm concerned, when the body dies and brain activity stops, there is no more consciousness.

Unless I've missed the study that confirms that consciousness is separate from the physical body.

I do agree that in the future there may be a way to "download" one's conscious. Until then all signs point to the fact that consciousness dies with the body. 

I agree with this but it doesn't mean that science has proven that there is no self awareness after death,

Only that science has not,  as yet, detected any such consciousness. 

it is beyond our science for another 50 years or so, but might be used by  advanced alien species.