Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anecdotes and Anecdotal Evidence.

danydandan

Jodie is definitely not an angel ! :) 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Hello, Walker has yet another stalker !

I think she is just trying to clarify 

It reminds me that one day as a teenager i caught a huge multi coloured fish off the town  jetty. It was so big it slipped the hook designed for smaller fish  just as i almost had it on the jetty.

I got a good look at it and id never seen its like before.  I asked many local fisherman and the y had never seen anything like i described Then i did some research and found that  tit was a rare deeper water fish not usually found in our area 

So, while i knew it was real fish, it took me a long time to identify it.   This can e done in a few seconds on the internet but around 1960 it took considerable research to identify.

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Really? And when, exactly was this? What courses did you take and what is your accreditation in dealing with transgender issues? Because I am calling BS on this claim buster.

And why is it, whenever anyone brings up a subject, YOU, miraculously, have been "trained" or worked in a field associated with the subject?

Here we go again ! 

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Jodie is definitely not an angel ! :) 

There are warrior angels.....or so I’ve been told.  Maybe Jodie is an angel.  And maybe we all are.  Just a bunch of lost souls trying to find our way home in the dark. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I think she is just trying to clarify 

It reminds me that one day as a teenager i caught a huge multi coloured fish off the town  jetty. It was so big it slipped the hook designed for smaller fish  just as i almost had it on the jetty.

I got a good look at it and id never seen its like before.  I asked many local fisherman and the y had never seen anything like i described Then i did some research and found that  tit was a rare deeper water fish not usually found in our area 

So, while i knew it was real fish, it took me a long time to identify it.  

Reminds me of when a couple of kids got their story of catching a sailfish from a bayside jetty at the mouth of a suburban creek, written up in the newspaper. They had the fish to show. Did they trooly-wooly catch it there ? It seemed awfully unlikely, but it ought not be dismissed, and especially because if they were fibbing, no-one lost out from it, except themselves, I suppose, if there was another explanation that emerged later.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

There are warrior angels.

I see !

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

There are warrior angels.....or so I’ve been told.  Maybe Jodie is an angel.  And maybe we all are.  Just a bunch of lost souls trying to find our way home in the dark. ;)

Awww is Habi talking about me again???

I think he is infatuated with me. ;)

And I am no angel. I am a battle-scarred war wench, I work hard, play hard, and love harder.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Really? And when, exactly was this? What courses did you take and what is your accreditation in dealing with transgender issues? Because I am calling BS on this claim buster.

And why is it, whenever anyone brings up a subject, YOU, miraculously, have been "trained" or worked in a field associated with the subject?

I speak on things I am experienced with hence I often talk about things i have dealt with.

Dont ask my opinion on music,  professional sport, or higher maths 

Call it as you like.  It doesn't matter  to me

I loved kids and teaching, and for most of my career didn't apply for promotion positions which took me away from teaching But this was a special thing; to have the opportunity to help students, counsel both students and staff, and organise health and sexual education for 300 young people 

I acatully had the role for a long time but was only paid for it for about a decade (quite a considerably increase in a teachers base pay )

You could check my school records You could look at some of my old paper work (not anything on the kids) 

A mate of mine took the job after me and he is still counselling with a catholic organisation.

Many teachers have a psychology component to their training and i did 3 years of psychology

I also did a lot of on the job training with people like Micheal Carr Gregg. However the main reason i was appointed was my relationship with staff parents  and students i was totally trusted to maintain confidentially and was liked even loved by most of the students and respected by the staff. i was in my 40s and had lots of experience with young people And i was also caring for a number of homeless young people in our home   

I began with a special interest on the needs of girl in education and life  (which was a big thing at the time and rightly so)  but became fascinated by the needs of boys, which were not then and  are still not being met)  i wrote research  papers based on surveys with students,  which were used by the education dept to adjust teaching and discipline strategies  for boys and girls 

Ps it is  also in my blood My great grandfather was chief inspector of south Australian schools in the ealry 1900s , introduced phonetic teaching to our system in the late 1800s, ie c a t spells cat,  and was a founder of the teachers union. 

Edited by Mr Walker

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

I think he is infatuated with me. ;)

And I am no angel. I am a battle-scarred war wench, I work hard, play hard, and love harder.

So, you’re a winner then.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

I speak on things I am experienced with hence I often talk about things i have dealt with.

Dates & credentials, please, I really don't care what your great grandpappy did.

You stated you were a counselor for kids.

Corroborate your statement concerning LGBT issues. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Dates & credentials, please, I really don't care what your great grandpappy did.

Or else ?

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Reminds me of when a couple of kids got their story of catching a sailfish from a bayside jetty at the mouth of a suburban creek, written up in the newspaper. They had the fish to show. Did they trooly-wooly catch it there ? It seemed awfully unlikely, but it ought not be dismissed, and especially because if they were fibbing, no-one lost out from it, except themselves, I suppose, if there was another explanation that emerged later.

From memory it was this fish. Known as a parrot fish or rainbow fish.  it shone with a brilliant iridescence as it rose. dripping, from the surface. 

Image result for parrot fish south australia

12 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I dont  have to.and  i feel no need to  Plus i couldn't do so without identifying exactly  who i am 

It is true and that is that. For a start i would have to go out in the shed on a 40 degree c day and find the boxes of gear, and i cant be bothered when you wouldn't believe anything i wrote to you anyway.  :) 

I appreciate your personal feelings but don't let  them prejudice you.

It would be unusual for me to have taught all my life, been the person I am, and NOT done some time as the school counsellor and heath sexual education teacher I was there for 35 years and so was known and trusted by 3 generations of people.  I wasn't JUST the school counsellor ( an important but generic counselling role)   i was specifically charged with designing and implementing sexual and psychological well being courses for students from  about 12 to adult 

If, for some reason i cant comprehend, it makes you feel better disbelieving me then do so.

No skin off my nose and good for your psychological health, but don't worry, if it came to a court of law i have the evidences :)  (and a thousand witnesses)   

Edited by Mr Walker

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Or else ?

or else  she can continue to feel justified doubting my credentials,  and thus feeling justified in  ignoring any advice opinions  or comments I make  :)  If it makes her feel better, why not?

I can prove it if i really need to.  

Edited by Mr Walker

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

If, for some reason i cant comprehend, it makes you feel better disbelieving me then do so.

Woo has be slain, that is the reason. You, being a woo promoter, must be reduced to a position of having zero credibility. It reminds me of what an old sheila once told me about her husband, who had an unfortunate habit of occasionally shoplifting small items, "It's a mania they have ". That would have been kleptomania, what name is given to people who have a compulsive mania about maintaining a strictly mundane rationalist world-view, I don't know. There are plenty of that bent around here, and they'd probably say "realist". But it turns out to be wrong !

Edited by Habitat

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Woo has be slain, that is the reason. You, being a woo promoter, must be reduced to a position of having zero credibility. It reminds me of what an old sheila once told me about her husband, who had an unfortunate habit of occasionally shoplifting small items, "It's a mania they have ". That would have been kleptomania, what name is given to people who have a compulsive mania about maintaining a strictly mundane rationalist world-view, I don't know. There are plenty of that bent around here, and they'd probably say "realism". But it turns out to be wrong !

lol people have more than one component to their being. None of what i encounter  has any impact on my role as a teacher.   

That is a professional role with designated values and behaviors 

eg i wouldn't talk to a student  I was counselling about my own experiences or encounters, although i might talk about my ethics and values, and why i hold them.

My job was two fold.  To listen and comfort, and to act to improve things for an individual child/young person   and, more widely,  to construct effective systems- based approaches which protected children, strengthened and  empowered  them, and  made them more resilient.  I would never say to a young person, "Try praying", but i might ask what strategies they did use and if the y were a religious or spiritual person or not.

Edited by Mr Walker

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I dont  have to.and  i feel no need to  Plus i couldn't do so without identifying exactly  who i am 

It is true and that is that. For a start i would have to go out in the shed on a 40 degree c day and find the boxes of gear, and i cant be bothered when you wouldn't believe anything i wrote to you anyway.  :) 

I appreciate your personal feelings but don't let  them prejudice you.

It would be unusual for me to have taught all my life, been the person I am, and NOT done some time as the school counsellor and heath sexual education teacher I was there for 35 years and so was known and trusted by 3 generations of people.  I wasn't JUST the school counsellor ( an important but generic counselling role)   i was specifically charged with designing and implementing sexual and psychological well being courses for students from  about 12 to adult 

No skin off my nose and good for your psychological health, but don't worry, if it came to a court of law i have the evidences :)  (and a thousand witnesses)   

You do not have any experience with LBGT issues, why not just say this instead of ignoring the question and bragging about yourself instead. 

Of course, you know nothing about transgender issues. Sheesh.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Woo has be slain, that is the reason. You, being a woo promoter, must be reduced to a position of having zero credibility. It reminds me of what an old sheila once told me about her husband, who had an unfortunate habit of occasionally shoplifting small items, "It's a mania they have ". That would have been kleptomania, what name is given to people who have a compulsive mania about maintaining a strictly mundane rationalist world-view, I don't know. There are plenty of that bent around here, and they'd probably say "realist". But it turns out to be wrong !

No one can reduce MW to anything, his credibility is on him, if he doesn’t have it it is his issue, his lack. 

He makes a lot of claims that are not supported by evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Fascinating statement ! Firstly, there is no metric of believability, that I am aware of, how could there be, given the sheer diversity of storytellers and those judging the stories.. Not to mention that here are not two distinct settings in the mind of most people, as to the believability of any proposition, doubt is usually involved, to varying degrees, and in the end, the objective believability of a statement depends on objective proof, and once that exists, it isn't in the province of "belief".

That is one account of belief. There are others.

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Talking about proportions and percentages, on these matters, as if this can be accurately calculated, makes little sense.

But it makes more sense than talking about counts, which was the proposition I addressed. Since the other poster's prescription fails on that consideration alone, we never reach the question of how to estimate the proportions. If that turned out to be impractical, then how is that my problem? I wasn't the one who proposed trying to assess claims that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

You do not have any experience with LBGT issues, why not just say this instead of ignoring the question and bragging about yourself instead. 

Of course, you know nothing about transgender issues. Sheesh.

Because it would not be true'

As us usual you show complete ignorance of my life despite years of posting/

While i was teaching there were no students who overtly "came out" to their friends and authorities  However the y were always there in the community and the school had ot have policies and education in place to help them   Often they needed more general counselling and guidance than most students due to isolation from  peers fear of disclosure and rejection  by friends and family.  They tended to be more suicidal at one extreme and just more anxious an depressed at the other   I was expected to be informed and educated about the issues and to be able to help those who needed help, no matter how few the y were  I dealt with several who were  not prepared to come out as students but did do after leaving the school and community This meant talking through things with them trying to help and supporting them physically and emotionally  There wasn't much more i could do if they didn't not want to come our publicly    I remain in contact with several of them  

Your bias and ignorance is appalling Sherapy. I remain current on the more recent developments and the evolution of rights for  expanding  human sexual forms.

For most  of my teaching  being gay was the most common form of  sexual difference,(and that was very rarely publicly admitted to )  but in more recent years we dealt with transgender and other students and had to  provide facilities for them.  Today there are more overtly transgender students in the area than there are gay ones ie young people who feel the y are in the wrong gendered body for their mental sexual identity   I suspect this has a lot to do with modern gender politics,  but its a real issue for the young people involved 

What sherapy?  You think i live on another planet?  I know you consider me some form of country bumpkin :) 

Such kids in the country are the same as those anywhere, but face additional problems of isolation, and small numbers,  and far fewer social, psychological, and medical supports  Seems to me a case of big city Californian girl looking down on small town /country, Australian bloke  :)  

We have policies  on the use of  identity documentation, restrooms, uniforms, and sports, among other things and an education,programme designed to educate and prevent discrimination harassment and bullying, by making everyone feel comfortable with differences  

Edited by Mr Walker

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

No one can reduce MW to anything, his credibility is on him, if he doesn’t have it it is his issue, his lack. 

He makes a lot of claims that are not supported by evidence.

I can prove all factual claims such as my teaching roles and qualifications, but see no requirement to do so.

I don't ask you to prove you are really a mother or  really have any experience with mothering.

Another person either chooses to believe us, or does not.  Online evidences will make no difference.

If i chose  not to believe you were a mother, nothing you could give in evidence would convince me.

31 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Another person either chooses to believe us, or does not.  Online evidences will make no difference.

If i chose  not to believe you were a mother, nothing you could give in evidence would convince me.

You do realize that your posts are online evidence. They have, as a matter of fact, made a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, eight bits said:

You do realize that your posts are online evidence. They have, as a matter of fact, made a difference.

lol You might need to explain evidence of what, and how.

If your reference is connected to your film clip, then you would be wrong. Whatever evidence you perceive is not of Munchhausen syndrome.

As I've said many times all my narratives are true and not even exaggerated although they may be edited for dramatic effect :)  Read and believe, and you might have evidence of many things in my life and thus in the world,  and what that means.

Other wise what you see as evidences is based on inaccurate surmising. 

Even if you are serious and well meaning. they are not evidences, to anyone else, of anything As many point out, while they real experiences in my life, to anyone else  the y are anecdotes which must be accepted on faith or else rejected.

You don't really  even know if the "persona"  telling them is genuine let alone the narratives, so you cant even use them as evidences about  "the real" me :) (although you could, if you chose to believe them, get quite an accurate and detailed knowledge of me and my life ) 

Edited by Mr Walker

10 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Awwwwhhhhhh he wuvs you.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 2