Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dangers of Marijuana

Amita

Almost everything you think you know about the health effects of cannabis, almost everything advocates and the media have told you for a generation, is wrong.

Read the short article and make your own list of the dangers.

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The quote is just not accurate and the article is nothing but a rehash of 30 some years of the same scare tactics used by the failed war on drugs. Maybe the author needs to go back to Yale and learn that correlation does not equal causation.

I dont even smoke weed, but this is just dumb. 

No rehash considering most of the studies his psychiatrist wife suggested he study are usually only 10 years old or younger.  Glad you are not a doper,  I dabbled in most everything 50 years ago, but found nothing worth consuming regularly.

1 minute ago, Amita said:

No rehash considering most of the studies his psychiatrist wife suggested he study are usually only 10 years old or younger.  Glad you are not a doper,  I dabbled in most everything 50 years ago, but found nothing worth consuming regularly.

I saw the studies. Its the same fears and still without cooberatating evidence.

Reality just doesnt back up his claims. 

There are plenty of "dopers" on these boards that will tell you the exact opposite of what he says.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The author of the talk and the book is not saying weed is worthless for all medical problems, only that is certain areas the risks are significant:

After an exhaustive review, the National Academy of Medicine found in 2017 that “cannabis use is likely to increase the risk of developing schizophrenia and other psychoses; the higher the use, the greater the risk.” Also that “regular cannabis use is likely to increase the risk for developing social anxiety disorder.”

1 hour ago, Amita said:

Also read his book Tell Your Children

From which the movie, "Reefer Madness"?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

From which the movie, "Reefer Madness"?

Damnit...was gonna say "I saw Reefer Madness also"

Beat me to the reference :angry: :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I still have it on VHS. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I still have it on VHS. :yes:

You mean you didn't get the original projection screen version with your dial up package :huh:...jk LG :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

never seen a violent stoner, seen violent people who smoked,  most regular smokers i know are not someone i would rely on to even walk a dog, they let themselves go, have no goals and ambitions in life other then get stoned. basically deadwood. but they are great examples for kids what not to do,  so they do not become like them.  and none of it would happen to them if they just accepted harm along with benefits which i know weed has.  but they absolutely ignore the other side of the coin, pretending it does not exist.  sad really, some of those people i know since high school, they used to be very different, looked like they had a lot of potential, and could have completely different lives.   i see more social repercussions than harmful side effects from regular use.  i believe my eyes, studies are usually biased, whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You mean you didn't get the original projection screen version with your dial up package :huh:...jk LG :lol:

Yes, but I'm waiting to sell that on "Antiques Roadshow". so that I can get my 1990's $ back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amita said:

Read the short article and make your own list of the dangers.

He seems to refer to THC  great deal when talking about medical pot but doesnt mention CBD. Why do you suppose that might be? 

I don't think his alleged investigations are sound, or even properly conducted. He seems to be drawing anecdotes based on preconceptions. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

never seen a violent stoner, seen violent people who smoked,  most regular smokers i know are not someone i would rely on to even walk a dog, they let themselves go, have no goals and ambitions in life other then get stoned. basically deadwood. but they are great examples for kids what not to do,  so they do not become like them.  and none of it would happen to them if they just accepted harm along with benefits which i know weed has.  but they absolutely ignore the other side of the coin, pretending it does not exist.  sad really, some of those people i know since high school, they used to be very different, looked like they had a lot of potential, and could have completely different lives.   i see more social repercussions than harmful side effects from regular use.  i believe my eyes, studies are usually biased, whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

...though I'm sure some are very fine people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

what difference at this point does it make?

Your question doesn't mean a thing.

• Thanks 2

Everything and more was there in place even back to the stoned days of Ancient Egyptian pyramid builders ...

~

~

Mystery Of The Cocaine Mummies (Ancient Egypt Documentary) | Timeline - YouTube

[00.50:01]

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I was going to say I remember that movie from 45 yrs ago. :lol: You both beat me to it.

It's kind of hilarious the crazy misconceptions people have about smoking weed. I'm guessing they must be oblivious if they actually think everyone who smokes are jobless stinky bums. I mean im sure they all smoke but correlation is not causation. Im guessing someone is just completely unaware of what kind of jobs, titles, and political positions these people "with no goals or ambitions in life" hold because you only sare aware of the blatant cases.

Honestly though anybody who thinks marijuana incites violence has got to be a bit dense, oblivious and completely unobservant.

• Like 3

Im sorry but there is nothing wrong with the plant. I am an avid pot smoker and i personally think it actually helps with alot of my mental instabilities. Maybe its just a biased opinion but i do find it rather hard to sleep due to my mind racing unless i do smoke before bed. I have a stressfull life and nothing calms me down more then a little bit of smoke . I also am a roofer so i have aches and pains that it also helps with. I was born in alabama and there were very little jobs where i lived to as why i became a roofer not because i smoked pot for future reference. I dont like government  pain medications because i have seen what people turn into on them . The real addicts. 

• Like 2

Smoking a cig is filthy smelly and dangerous but smoking a joint is harmless and cool?

Marijuana makes rats lazy, less willing to try cognitively demanding tasks ... https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-08-marijuana-rats-lazy-cognitively-demanding.html

How marijuana may damage teenage brains in study using genetically vulnerable mice.... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/12/181217101747.htm

A minute of secondhand marijuana smoke may damage blood vessels: Study in rats.... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160727172005.htm

• Like 3