Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alita:Battle Angel

SHaYap

When I first saw the sneak previews I wasn't all that convinced, now after a good look at the TMO and behind the scenes, I am rather excited, more so than at any other time in recent memory.

~

[00.14:21]

~

the original anime that inspired it all from 30 years ago ...

~

Battle Angel Anime Movie English Dubbed (Best Version) Victahdaoriginal • 727K views

[00.55:05]

~

• Like 1

I must say the original anime looks immeasurably superior to the new one, whose CGI, in the excerpts shown, look frankly dodgy. But then it nearly always is. 

• Like 2

Oh god no....those eyes....

Who's bright idea was that? Whoever it was, they should be whipped.

And yeah I know in ANime many characters have eyes like that but.... 1)In the anime all characters have anime eyes, not just the MC, while in that life action...thing...only the MC has eyes like that, making her look like some sort of mutant in comparison to everybody else and 2)It's life action, not anime. Why even make it life action then? 

• Like 2

It's been getting amazing reviews. Looks like it could be a great sci fi film.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

When I first saw the sneak previews I wasn't all that convinced, now after a good look at the TMO and behind the scenes, I am rather excited, more so than at any other time in recent memory.

It looks like they added a lot to the original story, which was actually tragic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

It looks like they added a lot to the original story, which was actually tragic. 

So far I am not too concerned, I looks more of a 'condensed' and abridged version, something to be expected as the original is quite epic regarding the origins of 'Alita'

It does take a bit of getting used to, what I am anticipating is the overall plot of the franchise, the original story line is something to savor and the CGI aspects are looking pretty nifty, even if the 'eyes' are something to wonder about. 'Alita' is some sort of special being as the critical aspect which is central to her character,

~

~

Battle Angel Alita, known in Japan as Gunnm is a Japanese cyberpunk manga series created by Yukito Kishiro in 1990 and originally published in Shueisha's Business Jump magazine. Two of the nine-volume comics were adapted into two anime original video animation episodes titled Battle Angel ...
Original run‎: ‎December 15, 1990 – April 1, 1995
Volumes‎: ‎9 (‎List of volumes‎)
English publisher‎: ‎NA‎ ‎Viz Media‎ (former); Kod...
Published by‎: ‎Shueisha
Plot · ‎Characters · ‎Production · ‎Media

~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

So far I am not too concerned, I looks more of a 'condensed' and abridged version, something to be expected as the original is quite epic regarding the origins of 'Alita'

I never read the manga. Just watched the anime. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I never read the manga. Just watched the anime. 

Ohhh ... you missing the bigger part of the experience ... this is one that the manga outshines the anime, which was to tell the truth a rather low budget churn out. Nor unlike GiTS, the story arc was far too complex for the movie making makers of the day, case in point, the GiTS full feature anime movies and that recent disaster of an 'adaptation'

~

• Thanks 1

This movie has been in development hell for decades. Cameron couldn't get the rights in the 90's so he made his version, the show 'dark angel', which to its credit, introduced us to the lovely Jessica Alba. The he got the rights, but the 'tech wasn't good enough', so along came avatar, then no one liked the scripts, etc etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This movie has been in development hell for decades. Cameron couldn't get the rights in the 90's so he made his version, the show 'dark angel', which to its credit, introduced us to the lovely Jessica Alba. The he got the rights, but the 'tech wasn't good enough', so along came avatar, then no one liked the scripts, etc etc

Yup. the background in the making of this one reads pretty epic too, it was a relief to me when Cameron handed the reigns over to ROdriguez and the casting does hit the right tones...

~

Jump to Cast - Alita: Battle Angel. Rosa Salazar. Christoph Waltz. Jennifer Connelly. Mahershala Ali. Ed Skrein. Jackie Earle Haley. Keean Johnson.
Production company‎: ‎20th Century Fox‎; ‎Lightst...
Music by‎: ‎Tom Holkenborg
Produced by‎: ‎James Cameron‎; ‎Jon Landau
Screenplay by‎: ‎James Cameron‎; ‎Laeta Kalogridis

~

I 'perked' on seeing Jennifer Connelly among the list ... yes indeed

~

Edited by third_eye
addendum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Dark Angel was amazing. Jessica Alba was my go-to pin up girl. I can't believe how gorgeous she is.

• Like 2