Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian government sued over 'sonic attacks'

UM-Bot

Should get everyone out of there until this mystery is solved. 

I wonder how much effort has been put into finding out the source of this problem. 

• Like 2

Have they ruled out environmental factors such as parasites, chemical exposure and such? I mean im sure its been checked but it sounds like they could have been infected... Or abducted... Or brain damaged somehow. Given this sparse info couldnt it be a gas or exposure of some sort?

Symptoms include memory loss, dizziness, headaches and fatigue. 

Sounds like a hangover, to me !

Seriously though, this is all rubbish. There ARE no 'sonic weapons'. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Symptoms include memory loss, dizziness, headaches and fatigue. 

Sounds like a hangover, to me !

Seriously though, this is all rubbish. There ARE no 'sonic weapons'. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Studies have found that exposure to high intensity ultrasound at frequencies from 700 kHz to 3.6 MHz can cause lung and intestinal damage in mice. Heart rate patterns following vibroacoustic stimulation has resulted in serious negative consequences such as atrial flutter and bradycardia.[16][17]

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Studies have found that exposure to high intensity ultrasound at frequencies from 700 kHz to 3.6 MHz can cause lung and intestinal damage in mice. Heart rate patterns following vibroacoustic stimulation has resulted in serious negative consequences such as atrial flutter and bradycardia.[16][17]

Yeah... right... and this "ultrasound" can be beamed over a long distance... between the respective Embassies and the surrounding buildings... and yet keep such a tight focus that bystanders aren't effected ? 

Oh.. and non of the ambassadorial staff suffered from lung or intestinal damage, nor atrial flutter or bradycardia. 

The staff have NOT been diagnosed with ANY known medical condition.They are suffering from Psychosomatic mania. 

• Haha 1

Many years ago, I witnessed a guy in the Air Force use a Sonic weapon which traveled several meters, knocking my friend Ryu to the ground..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If crickets were responsible my brain would have exploded years ago.  Living where I do they are abundant and can be very loud. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, RoofGardener said:

Yeah... right... and this "ultrasound" can be beamed over a long distance... between the respective Embassies and the surrounding buildings... and yet keep such a tight focus that bystanders aren't effected ? 

Oh.. and non of the ambassadorial staff suffered from lung or intestinal damage, nor atrial flutter or bradycardia. 

The staff have NOT been diagnosed with ANY known medical condition.They are suffering from Psychosomatic mania. 

Think of this as a huge cell phone.  We all get exposed to them with every mobile phone call.  Before you say ther isn't a receiver, are we sure a directed weapon needs one if manually operatated?

So we're now talking about an omnidirectional device ? How come no native Cubans, or any of the local staff WORKING at the embassy, where effected ? 

For that matter, if it WAS semi-directional, we have the same question. Such a beam - if it was capable of passing through the embassy walls - would carry on through the rear of the embassy, and effect locals in adjacent buildings. 

On 2/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, RoofGardener said:

Nope just Malaria medication mixed with other stuff... probably that the staff got the same medication from the ambassy and gain the same problems. It's a known problem with Canadian troops.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2016/08/11/malaria-drug-causes-brain-damage-that-mimics-ptsd-case-study/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Nope just Malaria medication mixed with other stuff... probably that the staff got the same medication from the ambassy and gain the same problems. It's a known problem with Canadian troops.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2016/08/11/malaria-drug-causes-brain-damage-that-mimics-ptsd-case-study/

Oooh.. now that IS interesting !

On 08/02/2019 at 6:14 AM, RoofGardener said:

you are probably correct, but effective sonic weapons have been in effect for some time They have actually been used to drive off pirates  and disperse riots. I just find it hard to believe that  they would be used in this way by a govt, when the comeback would be so severe. 

It is actually more likely that they are an unintended (and unexpected)  side effect of high level electronic surveillance. 

Edited by Mr Walker

57 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

you are probably correct, but effective sonic weapons have been in effect for some time They have actually been used to drive off pirates  and disperse riots. I just find it hard to believe that  they would be used in this way by a govt, when the comeback would be so severe. 

It is actually more likely that they are an unintended (and unexpected)  side effect of high level electronic surveillance. 

Hmm.. the surveilance angle is an interesting one. But why Canada ? Why not the British embassy, or the French ? Or the Chinese ? 

51 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. the surveilance angle is an interesting one. But why Canada ? Why not the British embassy, or the French ? Or the Chinese ? 

I don't know enough about the current politics to comment but i would be surprised if all embassies of America's friends and enemies  in significant countries  were not constantly being surveilled. Maybe something just went wrong with the technology in this case .

Edited by Mr Walker

19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I don't know enough about the current politics to comment but i would be surprised if all embassies of America's friends and enemies  in significant countries  were not constantly being surveilled. Maybe something just went wrong with the technology in this case .

Hmm.. perhaps. Although it would have been TWO cases, as the American ambassadorial staff where supposedly effected as well. 

Funny that we don't hear much about them anymore ? 

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. perhaps. Although it would have been TWO cases, as the American ambassadorial staff where supposedly effected as well. 

Funny that we don't hear much about them anymore ? 

Are you referring to the cases in China? 

I hadn't actually heard about the Canadian  diplomats, but that is fairly typical in global news. Usually USA -centric 

Edited by Mr Walker

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Are you referring to the cases in China? 

I hadn't actually heard about the Canadian  diplomats, but that is fairly typical in global news. Usually USA -centric 

I hadn't heard about the cases in China ? 

I was referring to Cuba; both Canadian and American diplomats complained of being effected ?

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I hadn't heard about the cases in China ? 

I was referring to Cuba; both Canadian and American diplomats complained of being effected ?

https://theconversation.com/sonic-attacks-in-china-and-cuba-how-sound-can-be-a-weapon-97380

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Pure speculation, backed by no evidence - or even science - whatsoever :) 

Plenty of science that such devices are possible.   The y have indeed been effectively used for both electronic surveillance, and as weapons,  but i agree that in this case there are many possible causes, from an illness, to something  in the environment,  like mould spores.

A weapons attack doesn't really make any sense, but the unforeseen effects of powerful electronic surveillance (which occurs in most major embassies around the world every day ) is quite possible .