Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are ghosts dead?

ParahormonalActivity

Like...There was a huge upsurge in interest in ghosts. It started with Most Haunted, and spread around the world until, before you knew it, everyone who owned a black jacket was a "Paranormal investigator" with their own TV show. Now, the shows seem to all be dying off. If you live near a castle or large "haunted" location, you no longer see advertisements to join these ghost hunting groups there on their investigations. (£40 to stand there for 8 hours listening to a pair of overweight "mediums" trying to out-do each other. Yet every single time, it's the abusive male landowner, or the sexually abused young kitchenmaid...in every location!)

I guess 10 years of failure is enough to turn people off, but I kinda miss it. Especially on Halloween. It's not the same without some Live TV ghost hunt to watch. Last year, I resorted to re-watching Ghostwatch. No Ghostwatch, no Most Haunted. No Most Haunted, no Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures...Hell, the whole ghost craze of the late 90's - early 2000's would not have happened.

Ghosts are dead. But...they will rise again...as...ghosts?

• Like 1

I love the A Haunting series. Very cool. There's a few new series floating around. A couple on Netflix. 

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

I haven’t really seen the decline you are suggesting. My cable TV is still inundated with the stuff.

It’s so a more mainstream thing now then when I was growing up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ParahormonalActivity said:

Ghosts are dead. But...they will rise again...as...ghosts?

They have risen on youtube as ghost. i catch them often. There is still new episodes out there not as many shows as a few years ago though. 

Seems the serious hunters are still out there. The paid entertainers on tv? Not so much. I guess the pressure of producing something exciting each week, lent itself to producing bogus footage. Most real investigators know there is a lot of legwork with little gained except for the odd unexplained occurrence. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Seems the serious hunters are still out there. The paid entertainers on tv? Not so much. I guess the pressure of producing something exciting each week, lent itself to producing bogus footage. Most real investigators know there is a lot of legwork with little gained except for the odd unexplained occurrence. 

I always had a rule. If you contact me with a problem don't dare contact a ghost hunter. I don't want those clueless schmucks around me.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

I always had a rule. If you contact me with a problem don't dare contact a ghost hunter. I don't want those clueless schmucks around me.

I hear you. I would much rather a Shaman trained from youth, that a self taught ghost buster to help with any "problems". Shamans have hugely greater success rates than any paranormal experts. Shamans aren't there to glorify or prove spirits exist. They are there to help only. Usually with no financial gain.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I hear you. I would much rather a Shaman trained from youth, that a self taught ghost buster to help with any "problems". Shamans have hugely greater success rates than any paranormal experts. Shamans aren't there to glorify or prove spirits exist. They are there to help only. Usually with no financial gain.

90 percent of the time people haunt themselves. Ghost hunters just breed more unneeded hysteria. 

• Like 6

Celebrity ghosts and ghost hunters are the worst

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I will be contacting you via the 6th dimension wave channel through my psychic medium power source which will appear in the form of an orb.

Let me know when you recieve it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ParahormonalActivity said:

I guess 10 years of failure is enough to turn people off

Not all though.:wacko: there are still.some who believe these "for entertainment purposes"  programmes are actually documentaries. 

Anyone can go out and propose to be a ghost hunter, you need no special skills. 

What got me about those ghost hunting programmes was how ridiculously wimpish they were.

They would freak themselves out over the sound of their own fart.

• Like 1

People have been "ghost mad" for a long time,  I recall an incident in a Brisbane park, when I was a kid, in the mid-1960's, when two young men claimed to have seen a ghost while traversing a park at night, one was treated at a nearby hospital for "fright", and that is how the story got into the media. The next evening several hundred people showed up, hoping for a peek, and some claimed to have seen the ghost. That was enough to bring out 30,000 people, the next night. The "ghost" was eventually identified as the play of dappled light through trees, against a concrete wall, when a strong breeze was blowing. There wasn't much on TV that night.

I have never been interested in these so called ghost hunter programs since it's all fake and without any substance it would have been more interesting if they just would have stuck to the history of the places they visit. "And with stranger aeons even death may die"

• Like 2

This stuff goes in cycles. Back in the 70s, it seemed like UFOs were all anyone talked about. In the early 2000s, Bigfoot was biggest. I think folks like the Ghost Hunters and Zak Bagans made ghost-hunting vogue with their "proof" on film. My prediction is we're swinging back to UFOs, but it'll be superntural--adopting the theory that ET isn't from another planet, but is of a more sinister origin. Seem to be more and more folks suggesting that lately. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watch the shows to see what  if anything they capture.  Sometimes they do get something, other times not. I like Dead Files, because I do think Amy Allan and Steve do try to help these people who contact them. Never been to the Magnolia Hotel in Seguin ,Texas. The town is only 20 miles from me, and there is also the Weinert House which is haunted, and another house,called the Mosheim Mansion. You can google all three. I understand people wanting to know if there life after death, but this  can be a horrible way to go about it because many enities were never human, and if they were, they were as nasty in death as they were in life. Me, I believe someday  when I die, i will see my late parents and other family members.  And who knows maybe  some of our old pets, if God has a place for them too. If so, I hope the Lord lets me help St.Francis of Assi  take care of them.