Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Look how big it is’

Commander CMG

I got a glimpse of a red shaggy animal when pig hunting years ago,only a glimpse through the thick scrub,I thought it was a feral red deer but my pig dogs stopped and wouldn't go near it and they are mongrels for chasing deer when they get a scent.I'm not going to say BF,Yowie or whatever.What it was that scared a pack of pitbull/mastiff dogs though I don't want to get close to, so I backed off and the dogs followed me.Even after this I'm still not convinced of BF's existence until I get a good look at one in the flesh.The animal I saw was about 7ft.I was hunting on the western side of the Great Diving Range,west of Sydney.

19 minutes ago, openozy said:

I got a glimpse of a red shaggy animal when pig hunting years ago,only a glimpse through the thick scrub,I thought it was a feral red deer but my pig dogs stopped and wouldn't go near it and they are mongrels for chasing deer when they get a scent.I'm not going to say BF,Yowie or whatever.What it was that scared a pack of pitbull/mastiff dogs though I don't want to get close to, so I backed off and the dogs followed me.Even after this I'm still not convinced of BF's existence until I get a good look at one in the flesh.The animal I saw was about 7ft.I was hunting on the western side of the Great Diving Range,west of Sydney.

And im sure you admit it doesnt prove anything accept you saw something,

Remember Reinhold messner, he has records for climbing about every huge peak most or all without an o2 tank,

His encounter is great, he says hes tired, hungry and sees a creature described as a yeti he wonders is it real or a hallucination,

He desides to figure it out and over a few decades of personal reaserch he agrees with what monks have said for 100s of years and what dr sykes proved with dna, yeti is a type of bear

Christophe hagenmuller, provided some of that tested hair that came back as bear to dr sykes. hagemullers story i want to believe but if i do it has holes,

In brief, he claimed the creature shot by a local wasnt a bear, the hunter said it wasnt a bear, but dna said bear, so it would seem it really was a bear, why was both hagenmuller and the hunter so adamant it wasnt a bear, i guess he felt odd when sykes tests came up as bear.

This tells me that sometimes what might seem should be obvious isnt always so cut and dry.

So if i get past yowie what is a more likely prosaic explanation for your sighting?

Vernon wells in a gorilla suit? ( just kidding )

5 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

My thoughts exactly, especially when it was just sitting on a rock when they got closer for a better view... I would have been up that hill on its trail. 

It was just sitting on a rock. It didn't move. It sounds like the people videoing changed position at least twice, and yet the object they were watching didn't move at all. That makes me wonder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

So if i get past yowie what is a more likely prosaic explanation for your sighting?

I thought maybe a bear,on the Eastern side of the blue mountains there used to be a open, drive through zoo called The African Lion safari that had a large number of bears in one section.After it closed down,I think due to animal welfare issues,lions were seen on the outskirts of Sydney.I always wondered what they did with the bears.I've also seen a puma in the ranges, so a bear may not be out of the question,but who knows?Either way I wouldn't call it prosaic.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

Here in fl roadside zoos were common a large really nice on in the day in tittusville went defunct in the 70s and turned out animals, it wasnt uncommon in the 80s to see monkey road kill,

Back to the OT , no, i believe this video to be a deliberate, poorly done hoax,

I could grab my gorrilla suit go sit on the rock and you could film me with your phone, it would be just as good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Black bears are medium sized, I would say this was too big to be a black bear. 

Do grizzlies come down the range as far as Utah?

• Like 1

I can't tell how big it is. Perspective in video can be off. Might just be a regular sized guy in a black snow suit up on the hill.

The white and brown background can mislead people as to how far away something is.

they should have gone looking for footprints......

• Like 3

Not 64 toad pelts but the million dollar question,

Why would anyone not try to get a closer look, better pix, evidence?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Not 64 toad pelts but the million dollar question,

Why would anyone not try to get a closer look, better pix, evidence?

OOoOOOooo I know the answer!!!! Because they really didn't believe it was anything out of the ordinary???? I mean who would miss the opportunity of a lifetime, of fame and fortune if they really thought it was something like bigfeets? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right toad, and in that right there about 99% of all bf videos are in the trash can as far as Proof of some unknown creature.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

OOoOOOooo I know the answer!!!! Because they really didn't believe it was anything out of the ordinary???? I mean who would miss the opportunity of a lifetime, of fame and fortune if they really thought it was something like bigfeets? 

But some do try it on in the hope they will become famous, to the point of putting on a bigfoot costume and making a video, they put it on youtube and low and behold some do believe it.

• Like 2

True believer Jeff meldrum fell hook line and sinker for snowwalker, so darn funny, he said his expertise placed it right in with the pgf as Proof of bf and his analisis concluded the sw creature was 9ft, nope, just over 6ft,

Priceless.

‘Look how big it is’

Meh, I've seen bigger.

• Haha 3

On 08/02/2019 at 9:46 PM, openozy said:

The narration on all these BF vids give them away,they all have a lack of excitement in their voices,

That's the most obvious sign of a fake video except for Bigfoot smoking a cigar.

"Oh look, another Bigfoot" :lol:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

That's the most obvious sign of a fake video except for Bigfoot smoking a cigar.

"Oh look, another Bigfoot" :lol:

I think I'd be speechless and I don't know if I would go public with it.Saying that maybe there is genuine people with good evidence and are like minded.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, openozy said:

I think I'd be speechless and I don't know if I would go public with it.Saying that maybe there is genuine people with good evidence and are like minded.

I have nervious health issues, panic etc but as irony has it in emergency situations i kick in and do what needs to be done during the moment then after things claim down i crash.

I liked peter byrne i didnt agree 100% with him but he was charismatic, when he suddenly retired and took a big step back from bigfootery i for fun not in a serious way entertained that he did in fact find bigfoot, akin to Don Ameches character in harry and the hendersons, my wife laughed and said or the realization sank in that he spent his life hunting something that didnt exist.

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

realization sank in that he spent his life hunting something that didnt exist

I'm guilty of this too but its Shangri-la I've always been after.