Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims ghost drove her out of her home

Still Waters

The neighbour of a Chelmsford woman driven out of her home by an 'abusive' ghost claims she too has seen the spiirit.

Emily Sparks from Writtle , who is also a psychic medium, has been haunted by "Joyce", who Emily claims died in the flat before she moved in.

The 83-year-old has even taken to staying in a Travelodge as it's reached the point where she "can't live with it anymore".

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/full-story-ghost-drove-woman-2520232

• Thanks 2

at least the ghost has style

She would be about 5"3, wearing a mustard cardigan with a tweed skirt.

She was about 5ft 4in with black hair cut in a bob, black dark-rimmed glasses, a black cardigan and a black knee-length skirt

• Like 1

Emily Sparks from Writtle , who is also a psychic medium, has been haunted by "Joyce", who Emily claims died in the flat before she moved in.

The 83-year-old has even taken to staying in a Travelodge as it's reached the point where she "can't live with it anymore".

As an alleged medium she should be able to deal with an alleged ghost. 

Anyway, seems her dementia is progressing.

The housing director of the management company who runs Ms Spark's living complex said: "We have visited and spoken with our customer on several occasions to check on her well-being and will continue to do so

No indication of fitting a camera, seems they feel there is no need. ;)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Emily Sparks from Writtle , who is also a psychic medium

Ummm......okay.

edit: But after reading I must say it's a pretty entertaining story.

Edited by OverSword

Sounds like a story up my alley. 

I’d actually read the article if my phone can get past the @&&@@ ads!! 

The old Papameter is hot to trot on this one!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds like a story up my alley. 

I’d actually read the article if my phone can get past the @&&@@ ads!! 

The old Papameter is hot to trot on this one!

Yours truly had better luck on his laptop with that annoying Essex Live website but anyway let's hookup the Papameter probes to this one:

Papameter Read-Out...………...70% Paranormal...30% Normal

Considerations in the more detailed print-out:

Spirits have more attraction to mediums (pulls Paranormal)

British Trash Media reputation (pulls non-Paranormal)

By now, I don't think finding real cases like this is that hard (pulls Paranormal)

At least three claimed witnesses (pulls Paranormal)

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

A terrified OAP was forced to move into a Travelodge after being “hounded” by a troubled ghost who repeatedly flushes the loo in her home.

Emily Sparks, 83, says she is being haunted by a spirit called Joyce who died in her one-bedroom sheltered flat before she moved in seven years ago.

Full report at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/terrified-oap-forced-move-travelodge-13965291

At Essex Live: https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/full-story-ghost-drove-woman-2520232

• Thanks 1

I had a haunted bathroom once! A medium told me it was a woman who drowned in the millpond that used to be there.

Quite impressive actually, considering he didn't know where I lived, and so couldn't have known about the mill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would love to have this ghost at my home..
Because my kids seems to forget to flush almost every time..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 08/02/2019 at 7:17 PM, SecretSanta said:

I think she should call a plumber.

That's exactly what she needs to do. It might be called a phantom flush, but it's not because ghosts have anything to do with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

That's exactly what she needs to do. It might be called a phantom flush, but it's not because ghosts have anything to do with it.

Hey just wanted to tell ya my 7 year old loves your “kitty it” picture lol

• Like 2

Some stories are just a little too much. I would be happy if i would wake up and i've had a wax from top to toe :-) :-D  

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Update:

Thanks. It's rare that we actually get an update. It reads like a typical case of an earthbound spirit of which I've heard so many over the years. They can be brought to 'move on'. Basically you need to tell them 'Would You Get An Afterlife!' (LOL)

Allow me here to also vent about these advertising click-baiting irritating %^$ website styles

• Haha 1

well damnit man, you see when we moved into this old place the one working toilet was first floor about an 80 yo fixture cistern style  but low tank and it would flush itself about once in a 24 hour period, that was okay but it leaked too and i had to fix it.

then upstairs, its a high tank fixture, i really wanted to get it working but parts were tricky to find, it works great and if you ever had a high tank you know they flush like a jet taking off.

but sometimes you can hear faintly water going down that long drain from under it to the ground level, i had a devil of a time figuring it out, the ex of the lady we bought the place from said she thought it was a demon.

the toilet its super sensitive a few extra oz in the bowl and it will overflow into the drain, remember old toilets were made a bit different to modern ones,

then i noticed the tank high on the wall might snap on a few seconds, that was a real stumper for a spell, on most high tanks the top is open  the workings are modern and my cats go up there and get a drink, its clean fresh water, when they drink enough it makes it come on a sec, very cool really, cooler if they would use the toilet and remember to yank the chain,

so all this time i thought i had prosiac plumbing issues when i actually had double hauntings, people died on my crappers, now that is scary.

the leaky cold faucet on the tub a 2.00 washer? nope, its a ghost.

Edited by the13bats
call me capt typo
  • Haha 1