Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is everything fair game now?

Myles

I voted for Trump, and he has had my staunch support for some time. But with his caving in on deportations of illegals over the media whining over the separation of families, and his compromising with liberals in both parties on the promised border wall, my support is beginning to chill.

I am losing patience. He was voted in primarily due to his campaign promises to build a wall on the southern border and deport illegal aliens. If this isn't accomplished, then he will be no better than Bush or Obama.

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

My white point of view agrees with yours, in that it does build resentment and is probably over-used by some.  I think some of it overlaps with what some people refer to as 'micro-aggressions' which I don't know much about, but if they're micro then they should logically cause micro-harm so I for now micro-care about them.  But white dudes providing instruction on black people and their 'culture' (whatever that is) usually by default is the stinky kind of privilege.  I wouldn't ever think I know much at all what's it's like to be a white woman, I've been harshly corrected a few times on that, I'm certainly not going to think I've got a much better ground for understanding what it's like to be a black person especially in the US.

I’ll give this example of my white privilege. In 2002 I was unemployed and a neighbor got my long haired ass a job answering phones, filing and doing some light IT work where he worked, a fledgling health insurance agency. I think it’s likely that we’re I a black guy with an equivalent counter culture look and lack of experience they would have passed on hiring me. I know it took a little b****ing from my friend to convince my employers. White privilege. Sure. 

38 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I voted for Trump, and he has had my staunch support for some time. But with his caving in on deportations of illegals over the media whining over the separation of families, and his compromising with liberals in both parties on the promised border wall, my support is beginning to chill.

I am losing patience. He was voted in primarily due to his campaign promises to build a wall on the southern border and deport illegal aliens. If this isn't accomplished, then he will be no better than Bush or Obama.

When your already super racist President somehow isn't racist enough ^ :blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Oh, they are being held down with their knowledge. Or at least with their cooperation. It is the culture of "you are not good enough". The culture that prompts people to not move out of slums. That allows people to look away regarding the homeless, the mentally damaged, the drug dependant, the gang members, the criminals... Things that should not be overlooked, but are, because of fear. Fear put there by the left. Fear that "old white men" are going after them. Fear that they need protection. Fear that then leads to looking for that protection. Which leads to holding back, which leads to taking government money, which leads to a lifestyle of being coddled. 

Oh, I admit it all started with the best of intentions, but it is a toxic monster now, after several generations.

BS. Back people "think" they understand this, but the reality is they've been told they are TREATED bad so much that they believe it and have made it a social issue. 

I've known many people over 50 years, and those who act with self respect, and value what they do, will do well. Someone who is always looking for racism is also always concerned about their self worth, and often with self respect. Because the indoctrination coming from the social left tells them to do so.

There are several points in the New Testament were Jesus is walking around and someone comes up and asks for healing. And then he healed them. Point being, they had to ask. Jesus didn't usually just go around healing everyone, he only healed those who had the Faith to come and ask. They had to do their part before he did his.

I believe the same. Minorities need to believe they are just as good as me (Because they are.), and then they will be treated that way. Not because I was forced to by some ridiculous law, but because I would know they respect themselves and value themselves.

Being humble isn't groveling.

As to what you quoted, loving someone indeed does not mean you have to sacrifice from yourself. A parent can buy a car for a son, but they are not required to give the son the only car so that they then loose their job. That would be stupid, right? Making yourself less can be a sacrifice some will make, and it is a very Christian thing to do, but it isn't necessary. And hurting yourself is generally considered stupid.

I didn't let it be a lifestyle. That is the difference. I helped my friend get her drivers license back. Helped her get her GED. Helped her get a job.

Helping isn't coddling, if you let them do the work and are teaching. There are many necessary social programs, but none if them should be allowed to be long term. Other then in situations where the person can never recover.

So would you say that a back girl today faces the same racism/hate/held down as Ruby did? Obviously you feel there is still some wide gulf where people are being racist everywhere...

"Black" names is actually part of the problem. As the problem with American Blacks isn't necessarily racism. Though that does still exist. It is the myth that "black" culture is worth being tolerant over.

I don't live in a part of the US were there are a lot of back people. But it seems to me that (at least the TV version of) back culture is violent, confrontative, and demands zero tolerance of anyone who suggests they shouldn't be given special rules. In other words they appear to be downright Intolerant. And I just think that is wrong. Sorry if that offends.

Wow, you really are a racist. I wasn't sure before but this post eliminates all doubt. Black names? That's a problem for you? Wouldnt you be a teensy bit aggressive after 200 years of suppression? You are whats wrong with America. Hiding behind a bible that you use to justify your racism. A bible that lets you break any commandments you want as long as you're sorry after. Pretty slick deal you've got going. No wonder Trump appeals to you and you to him. Bah, why am I wasting time with dregs. Glad you posted this though as others get to see the real you. And any any that upvote you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

When your already super racist President somehow isn't racist enough ^ :blink:

LOL!  Enforcement of immigration law has nothing to do with the irrelevant, and quite frankly meaningless modern "moniker" of "racism."

He backpeddled on his campaign promises.  If he changes his tune, I may still vote for him next election.  If not, I am probably staying home in my apartment watching reruns of River Monsters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

LOL!  Enforcement of immigration law has nothing to do with the irrelevant, and quite frankly meaningless modern "moniker" of "racism."

He backpeddled on his campaign promises.  If he changes his tune, I may still vote for him next election.  If not, I am probably staying home in my apartment watching reruns of River Monsters.

Whatever man. As long as you don't vote him it's fine by me. :tu:

• Like 1

Whatever man. As long as you don't vote him it's fine by me. :tu:

Someone who I wish would run for president and win the primary would be Pat Buchanan.  That man would have been the greatest American president since George Washington!

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Let's see...

Ruby... blah, blah, blah... talk down, talk down.... prison system... blah...

Is there racism? Yes. Is it causing people to spit on little back girls. Not to my knowledge anymore. Does the prison system need reform? Yeah. Is part of the issue self imposed? Definately... 100%

"Black Names". Talk down... Talk down... blah. Blah.

Is there racism? Sure. Is black culture an actual self imposed problem for blacks. Yes. And they are going to ultimately have to fix it, or the issues will never go away.

"TV..." Talk down... Talk down... blah. Blah. Holier the thou... "Gotcha" remark... 

Whatever. I treat all people the same. I love my friend's black children. I have enjoyed the back and forth, but you clearly are "all in" on identity politics, which is just racism dressed up in favor of specific (Loud) minority groups.

But, but, I know two black kids and love them to pieces. Nice try to deflect your racism with this tired worn out strategy. Youve outed yourself yet again. Are their names agreeable or did she have to change them to suit you? Bible thumping racists are the worst kind considering they have a play book that really frowns on this.  But apparently it's okay cause Jesus will forgive you if your really sorry. Are you sorry? Hypocrites of the first order.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hiding behind a bible that you use to justify your racism. A bible that lets you break any commandments you want as long as you're sorry after. Pretty slick deal you've got going.

I lost my faith in Christianity before the whole Trump debacle, but I can tell you with a good deal of certainty that I'd have lost it anyway due to the overwhelming support of Trump from evangelicals. I'd say Trump has exposed Christian hypocrisy more than anyone else.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Someone who I wish would run for president and win the primary would be Pat Buchanan.  That man would have been the greatest American president since George Washington!

First pick is Trump, second is this dude - who's the third place, the devil himself? :huh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

But, but, I know two black kids and love them to pieces. Nice try to deflect your racism with this tired worn out strategy. Youve outed yourself yet again. Are their names agreeable or did she have to change them to suit you? Bible thumping racists are the worst kind considering they have a play book that really frowns on this.  But apparently it's okay cause Jesus will forgive you if your really sorry. Are you sorry? Hypocrites of the first order.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything racist at all in Die Checker's post.  If you read more carefully, he says he loves his friend's two black children.  I too also know black people that I both like and am friendly with.  One can certainly critique the modern mindset in much of black American society without hating black people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First pick is Trump, second is this dude - who's the third place, the devil himself? :huh:

Let me guess, you don't know who Pat Buchanan is.  You strike me is being a bit too young.

He is an old fashioned paleo-conservative who is in favor of ending all illegal immigration, placing a moratorium on legal immigration, strong gun rights, tough on crime, a true America First foreign policy, and traditional Christian values.  In other words a patriot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I lost my faith in Christianity before the whole Trump debacle, but I can tell you with a good deal of certainty that I'd have lost it anyway due to the overwhelming support of Trump from evangelicals. I'd say Trump has exposed Christian hypocrisy more than anyone else.

Then they whine and cry about how everyone's picking on them. About the same level as Zionists that claim antisemitism when anyone calls them out for their bullshiat. Another sweet deal. A get out of and win any argument card. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything racist at all in Die Checker's post...

Well of course you don't, you're like the most racist dude here. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

Let me guess, you don't know who Pat Buchanan is.  You strike me is being a bit too young. 

Oh no, I'm well aware. That's why I'm disgusted by him and practically everything he represents.

In other words a patriot.

Try war criminal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Well of course you don't, you're like the most racist dude here. :lol:

You flatter me sir.  In all honesty I consider being called a "racist" by your ilk to be a badge of honor.

• Like 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

Oh no, I'm well aware. That's why I'm disgusted by him and practically everything he represents.

Try war criminal.

Yeah, okay.  The man who wants an isolationist foreign policy and opposed Bush's disastorous Iraq War is a "war criminal."  LOL!

Pat Buchanan is only in favor of war when America itself is being threatened. 

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Then they whine and cry about how everyone's picking on them. About the same level as Zionists that claim antisemitism when anyone calls them out for their bullshiat. Another sweet deal. A get out of and win any argument card. 

Their ideology is so contradictory and vague that it allows them to literally justify any action of theirs while vilifying others of those very same actions. It's almost genius how hypocritical it is...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything racist at all in Die Checker's post.  If you read more carefully, he says he loves his friend's two black children.  I too also know black people that I both like and am friendly with.  One can certainly critique the modern mindset in much of black American society without hating black people.

That says a whole lot in itself. I've got a couple of black friends so I can't possibly be racist. Do you not know how lame that sounds? How about " I treat all races with respect irregardless of religion,  or different beliefs and welcome the chance to have some diversity in my community?"

• Like 3

Yeah, okay.  The man who wants an isolationist foreign policy and opposed Bush's disastorous Iraq War is a "war criminal."  LOL!

Pat Buchanan is only in favor of war when America itself is being threatened. 

It's ironic how conservatives have lambasted me before for being a non-interventionist and falsely smeared that as isolationism, only to find a conservative outright calling for isolationism itself here... :blink:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

It's ironic how conservatives have lambasted me before for being a non-interventionist and falsely smeared that as isolationism, only to find a conservative outright calling for isolationism itself here... :blink:

I am an isolationist.  You are correct.  I am in favor closing all overseas military bases, redeploying all American troops to strategic positions in the American homeland such as the borders, and waging war only if the nation itself is threatened.  I couldn't care less if the lawful ruler of Syria uses poison gas on his own people.  It is tragic yes, but Syria is a sovereign nation and what happens there does not affect the United States.

Just now, Lord Harry said:

I am an isolationist.  You are correct.  I am in favor closing all overseas military bases, redeploying all American troops to strategic positions in the American homeland such as the borders, and waging war only if the nation itself is threatened.  I couldn't care less if the lawful ruler of Syria uses poison gas on his own people.  It is tragic yes, but Syria is a sovereign nation and what happens there does not affect the United States.

So North Korea 2.0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And fyi, I am not a mainstream "conservative inc" Republican.  I am an old fashioned, nationalist paleo-conservative. I have more in common with the political philosophy of Edmund Burke and Victor Orban than that of Ronald Reagan.

Edited by Lord Harry

So North Korea 2.0

North Korea is actually a good example to follow in some respects.  Particularly with regards to foreign policy and border security.

North Korea is actually a good example to follow in some respects.  Particularly with regards to foreign policy and border security.

There are literally no words to adequately describe how stupid and amoral that is...

• Thanks 1