Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is everything fair game now?

Myles

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Do I have to unload my magazine... again?:P

What magazine? Or shouldn’t I ask ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

What magazine? Or shouldn’t I ask ;) 

Posts 139-146 this thread. I kinda did the same to you with my last post. A wee bit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Posts 139-146 this thread. I kinda did the same to you with my last post. A wee bit. 

Oh I thought actual magazine. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

To bad the El Paso  fire department had to put a damper on Trump's brag about his yuge crowd being bigger than Beto's. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/12/trump-el-paso-rally-crowd-1164730

The fact that he's so obsessed with crowd size shows how deeply insecure the little man is...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Aquila King said:

When your already super racist President somehow isn't racist enough ^ :blink:

This is why your racist claims don't have merit.

Securing the border does not equal racist.  

Wanting to deport illegals does not equal racist.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything racist at all in Die Checker's post.

Seems kinda straightforward to me. DieChecker indicated that black people not getting interviews because they're name is black sounding is not racist.  But everyone, although I'm not sure about you, agrees that judging people by the color of their skin is racist.  Thus what we have is that judging people by the color of their skin is racist, but judging people by whether their name is similar to people with a certain color of skin is supposedly not.  That logic needs quite a bit of work.

10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

If you read more carefully, he says he loves his friend's two black children.

And if you keep reading more carefully, 'love' is not the word I'd use to describe his opinions on those that he doesn't actually know.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I voted for Trump, and he has had my staunch support for some time. But with his caving in on deportations of illegals over the media whining over the separation of families, and his compromising with liberals in both parties on the promised border wall, my support is beginning to chill.

I am losing patience. He was voted in primarily due to his campaign promises to build a wall on the southern border and deport illegal aliens. If this isn't accomplished, then he will be no better than Bush or Obama.

Gosh, it's almost like he has to work within a democratic system instead of a dictatorship. Such a shame. 

10 hours ago, John Bastien said:

As an intillectual exercise 

Probably says everything you need to know right there... 

9 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

In addition to an intense ariel and coastal bombardment 

Are you hitting them with mermaids or washing powder? 

71lXNFifsgL._SY550_.jpg

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

After looking at the media and reports as it is now the left is going off the cliff. People are getting sick of the identity politics and the rest of the twaddle. People are starting to realize insanity for what it is. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 12:06 AM, Tatetopa said:

Well not FOX news of course and they are part of the mainstream media and they will likely be instigating or cheering.   

Murdoch and Ailes caught lightning in a bottle with Fox in the 90's.  Now that His sons are taking control, Fox will be just another Left-leaning swamp sycophant in a few years.  There really are no true news channels any longer.  It's all propaganda.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, you're making a real good case for it. What to do with racist unrepentant radicals?

The first task will be to duck the incoming fire  :w00t: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

The first task will be to duck the incoming fire  :w00t: 

Yes, yes, we know you like your guns. I do hope you're feeling suitably compensated. 

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, and then said:

Murdoch and Ailes caught lightning in a bottle with Fox in the 90's.  Now that His sons are taking control, Fox will be just another Left-leaning swamp sycophant in a few years.  There really are no true news channels any longer.  It's all propaganda.  

All us conservatives will have unfortunately is talk radio and the internet. But at least we will still get accurate information. Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, James Edwards, Jared Taylor, Pat Buchanan etc...

We still have our ways blog receiving accurate information.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, and then said:

Follow the money andthen, capitalism at its most basic level.  If FOX is profitable in its current form, it will remain as it is.  

As for true news, when did news become  editorial and infotainment?  Twenty years ago?  Because that is what sells.  Fear, anger, occasional smarmy feel good pieces are a lot more entertaining than dull old news that might challenge one to think.  There are still facts out there if you care to look.  They take up about 10% of content and time.  Beyond that it gets sifted for what you want to hear, tiny details get played up or dismissed.  Hannity once went on a 5 minute rant about what type of mustard Obama used on a hamberder.  I got 2 seconds worth of information:  what type of mustard Obama used, and 4 minutes 58 seconds worth of why that was liberal and unAmerican. It is the same with President Trump.  A little bit of fact and a lot of speculation and opinion.  That does not make the facts untrue.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

All us conservatives will have unfortunately is talk radio and the internet. But at least we will still get accurate information. Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, James Edwards, Jared Taylor, Pat Buchanan etc...

We still have our ways blog receiving accurate information.

How much information and how much infotainment, rolling out stuff you want to hear?  You listen, and the more you listen, the angrier and more outraged you get.  You slap your palm with your fist and say, "I KNEW it!"  Suspicions confirmed.

Is it accurate information you are looking for or is it confirmation of your opinions? 

If FOX changes, it won't be because of some liberal conspiracy, it will be because angry people don't buy enough tooth paste, shampoo, feminine protection, Japanese cars, E-Trade, and insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Follow the money andthen, capitalism at its most basic level.  If FOX is profitable in its current form, it will remain as it is.  

As for true news, when did news become  editorial and infotainment?  Twenty years ago?  Because that is what sells.  Fear, anger, occasional smarmy feel good pieces are a lot more entertaining than dull old news that might challenge one to think.  There are still facts out there if you care to look.  They take up about 10% of content and time.  Beyond that it gets sifted for what you want to hear, tiny details get played up or dismissed.  Hannity once went on a 5 minute rant about what type of mustard Obama used on a hamberder.  I got 2 seconds worth of information:  what type of mustard Obama used, and 4 minutes 58 seconds worth of why that was liberal and unAmerican. It is the same with President Trump.  A little bit of fact and a lot of speculation and opinion.  That does not make the facts untrue.

I personally couldn't give a rat's a r s e what kind of mustard Obama or anyone else prefers.

Something I do care about are the political issues that affect the nation. And I don't want to hear about how some two bit liberal reporter thinks Americans who want enforcement of immigration laws are evil "racists."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Something I do care about are the political issues that affect the nation. And I don't want to hear about how some two bit liberal reporter thinks Americans who want enforcement of immigration laws are evil "racists."

That is opinion Lord Harry.  The only fact is that most people want secure borders.  To enlist the Lefties, an infotainer waves the flag of racism.  To galvanize the Righties, some infotainer talks about rapists and murderers and welfare cheats and job stealers.

Lord Harry, there is a particle of truth in all of that.  If you dig down to the facts, you might find how few Righties are racists and how few illegal immigrants are rapists and murderers.  Are you interested in facts or opinions?  If you want facts, you have to dig for them.  Nothing is free.  People who dish you out facts without you having to work for them also sell you a generous serving of their own opinions.  Regards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If you want facts, you have to dig for them.  Nothing is free.  People who dish you out facts without you having to work for them also sell you a generous serving of their own opinions.  Regards.

Rarely ever seen it put any better :tu:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

But at least we will still get accurate information. Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, James Edwards, Jared Taylor, Pat Buchanan etc...

Might as well say:

"At least we have some good role models on how to live a moral life. Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mussolini, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Jack the Ripper, etc."

I mean everyone you just listed is the literally the exact opposite of what you just described...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If you want facts, you have to dig for them.  Nothing is free.  People who dish you out facts without you having to work for them also sell you a generous serving of their own opinions.  

Absolutely

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aquila King said:

The fact that he's so obsessed with crowd size shows how deeply insecure the little man is...

Actually, they said that his estimate of the crowd size - if you consider the people outside in the car park watching it on screens - might have been accurate ? 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Actually, they said that his estimate of the crowd size - if you consider the people outside in the car park watching it on screens - might have been accurate ? 

I genuinely dont care either way. Yet he does. He wont stop yapping about it. It just makes him look petty, pathetic, and weak.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I genuinely dont care either way. Yet he does. He wont stop yapping about it. It just makes him look petty, pathetic, and weak.

Yes.. you DO care. You posted to suggest that he had lied about the crowd size. 

I've just pointed out that he didn't.. or at least, he MAY not have done.. and suddenly you "don't care either way" ? 

Ah well... I've just eaten THREE Eccles cakes, and I'm going to bed. Sweet Dreams everybody :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes.. you DO care. You posted to suggest that he had lied about the crowd size. 

I've just pointed out that he didn't.. or at least, he MAY not have done.. and suddenly you "don't care either way" ? 

Ah well... I've just eaten THREE Eccles cakes, and I'm going to bed. Sweet Dreams everybody :)

You didn't prove diddly-poop. You simply gave a baseless assertion over a petty issue that's stupid to be arguing about to begin with, yet Trump and other insecure men like you apparently care about for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Seems kinda straightforward to me. DieChecker indicated that black people not getting interviews because they're name is black sounding is not racist.  But everyone, although I'm not sure about you, agrees that judging people by the color of their skin is racist.  Thus what we have is that judging people by the color of their skin is racist, but judging people by whether their name is similar to people with a certain color of skin is supposedly not.  That logic needs quite a bit of work.

And if you keep reading more carefully, 'love' is not the word I'd use to describe his opinions on those that he doesn't actually know.

I think what he was saying was that black sounding names could be targeted by racist, and that is part of the problem.  If your Boss, let us suppose was a known racist and he needed to hire one person to fill a position, and waiting for an interview are three people. Jamal, Antwon, and Steve. He calls Steve in and gives him the job without interviewing Jamal or Antwon, are you going to believe it wasn't a racist act based on those names? You need to look at the whole story before throwing the old racist card around. Another thread was locked because two members in here started calling people racist,  based on what i perceive as misinterpreted information, yet in this thread they blamed it for getting locked on the people they called racist.

• Like 1