Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is everything fair game now?

Myles

I know Trump is an idiot and so many people have extreme anger towards him, but I've never seen so many things deemed OK. 

CBS sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” snuck another message into the popular show’s credits on Thursday night, taking aim at press secretary Sarah Sanders’ appearance and Christian faith.

“God told me he hasn't spoken to Sarah Sanders since she was fourteen years old and praying for her skin to clear up. I have no reason to doubt Him,” an on-screen message during the show’s closing credits said.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/big-bang-theory-creator-mocks-sarah-sanders-appearance-christian-faith-in-show-credits

• Like 4

Political Correctness is dead and with it any pretense of civility.  So yeah, everything is fair game now.  We've become a nation of sixth graders.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I know Trump is an idiot and so many people have extreme anger towards him, but I've never seen so many things deemed OK. 

Well not just an idiot but an aggressive bully as well. Its funny that you say youve never seen so many things deemed OK because thats SO true about Trump's behavior. He and his people have reveled in the insults and the bullying, the flood gates are open and as Gromdor said above we're all 6th graders now.

The problem I find myself stuck in is that aforementioned bullying has made it so that there can be no bipartisanship with this regime, only subservience or battle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think it is open now.   The next Dem president will have their looks, their kids and anyone associated with them made fun of.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think it is open now.   The next Dem president will have their looks, their kids and anyone associated with them made fun of.  

Us lefties will blame Trump for this lack of civility, the righties will blame whoever else, and the poo slugging will continue on and on...

That's just the way things are now. Those who try to be civil are the ones who're trampled. Civility is long past gone. I think we lost it a long long time ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chuck Lorre has been making tasteless snarky vanity cards since the '90's so it's kind of difficult to blame it on Trump, though people will try. The bottom line is straight, white Christians are fair game...everyone knows it and justifies it.

Others just think it's hilarious.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Myles said:

CBS sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” snuck another message into the popular show’s credits on Thursday night, taking aim at press secretary Sarah Sanders’ appearance and Christian faith.

“God told me he hasn't spoken to Sarah Sanders since she was fourteen years old and praying for her skin to clear up. I have no reason to doubt Him,” an on-screen message during the show’s closing credits said.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/big-bang-theory-creator-mocks-sarah-sanders-appearance-christian-faith-in-show-credits

I don't think Trump's an idiot, he is just not a politician. Our government in it's entirety is an embarrassment imo. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The bottom line is straight, white Christians are fair game...everyone knows it and justifies it.

They're fair game cause they aren't oppressed, they're the majority of people in this country, and they have historically been (and still continue to be at least to a certain extent) the predominant oppressors, not the oppressed.

And no, I'm not just talking about the past, it still happens to this today. To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/6/23/15855272/prri-study-white-christians-discrimination-blind-spot

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well not just an idiot but an aggressive bully as well. Its funny that you say youve never seen so many things deemed OK because thats SO true about Trump's behavior. He and his people have reveled in the insults and the bullying, the flood gates are open and as Gromdor said above we're all 6th graders now.

The problem I find myself stuck in is that aforementioned bullying has made it so that there can be no bipartisanship with this regime, only subservience or battle.

I must congratulate you for managing to make everything, even the most puerile jokes about women's appearance and people's faith (though obviously that's fair game among the trendy Hollywood 'hey we're all atheists here! right?" crowd) into "Trump's fault!" 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Subservience :rolleyes: The only bloody subservience there is to Trump's tyrannical regime is his own to the warmongering ghouls like Bolton that call themselves his "advisers". 

• Like 4

The thing is that we have been told by the left that shaming a woman because of her looks is wrong.  However, the same people are not condemning Lords for this.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Myles said:

Really? Who by? Almost the entire media save perhaps Fox, and the Hollywood mafia in its entirety, is so pro-Democratic (sorry, "Democratic", since the only democratic thing about them is their name) they may as well just call themselves the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Chuck Lorre has been making tasteless snarky vanity cards since the '90's so it's kind of difficult to blame it on Trump, though people will try

And before that Lenny Bruce in the 60's was making tasteless snarky vulgar (for the time) jokes.  Yet somehow all of our Presidents since that time seem to have all been above that level because of what basic professionalism requires... except for our current one.  That makes it incredibly easy to blame it on Trump, unless our thesis is that comedians and tv producers have as much influence and can provide as much legitimacy to such misbehavior as the President.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And before that Lenny Bruce in the 60's was making tasteless snarky vulgar (for the time) jokes.  Yet somehow all of our Presidents since that time seem to have all been above that level because of what basic professionalism requires... except for our current one.  That makes it incredibly easy to blame it on Trump, unless our thesis is that comedians and tv producers have as much influence and can provide as much legitimacy to such misbehavior as the President.

This doesn't seem fair as there was no social media for most of those Presidents terms and coverage in general was designed to make Presidents look, well Presidential. Trump certainly does not help himself much but then in all fairness what politician does anymore on either side.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I must congratulate you for managing to make everything, even the most puerile jokes about women's appearance and people's faith (though obviously that's fair game among the trendy Hollywood 'hey we're all atheists here! right?" crowd) into "Trump's fault!" 

Well in my defense I did spread the credit between him and his people in that post :tu:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

When he puts up a vanity card saying someone's 'bleeding badly from a facelift', you'll have a point. 

Until then suck up your own medicine. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I don't think Trump's an idiot, he is just not a politician. Our government in it's entirety is an embarrassment imo. 

no, he's an idiot. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Gertdoggy said:

This doesn't seem fair as there was no social media for most of those Presidents terms and coverage in general was designed to make Presidents look, well Presidential.

It seems pretty fair to me, especially given the extent Trump uses and embarrasses himself and us by using social media; absolutely no one is forcing him to use it, and most of the 'American people' think he shouldn't I believe.  Besides the fact that I'm not sure Trump would have been elected without social media to use to promote himself.  No amount of coverage is going to make him look Presidential, only he can do that.  He's just not a Presidential or even particularly professional person, I think that was part of why he appealed to people and got him elected in the first place.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Myles said:

To be fair, Chuck Lorre puts all kinds of weird **** in his post credit blurb. Mostly SUPER STUPID things, IMHO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Political Correctness is dead and with it any pretense of civility.  So yeah, everything is fair game now.  We've become a nation of sixth graders.

ARE NOT!!!

I'm going to tell my Dad....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Michelle said:

Chuck Lorre has been making tasteless snarky vanity cards since the '90's so it's kind of difficult to blame it on Trump, though people will try. The bottom line is straight, white Christians are fair game...everyone knows it and justifies it.

Others just think it's hilarious.

As a older, straight white Christian... I just laugh it off.

I'm then told that I don't care due to my White Privilege.... And I laugh that off too.

Guess what? I treat all people that same. It is progressives who are fixated on race, gender, religion and such and demand special considerations for those whom THEY deem need protecting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aquila King said:

They're fair game cause they aren't oppressed, they're the majority of people in this country, and they have historically been (and still continue to be at least to a certain extent) the predominant oppressors, not the oppressed.

And no, I'm not just talking about the past, it still happens to this today. To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/6/23/15855272/prri-study-white-christians-discrimination-blind-spot

This is literally the most ignorant brain washed crap I have ever read on these boards. I'm an oppressor? Forget you. I am nothing of the sort. The only oppressors I see are those who work to destroy free speech, by any means necessary. Its your side and your side alone who seeks to remove constitutional rights from half the population.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

As a older, straight white Christian... I just laugh it off.

Ha, which you can of course do because of white privilege.  But hey, it doesn't personally affect you so why should a Christian care?

Guess what? I treat all people that same

Great, I try to also.  You haven't noticed though that other people do not treat all people the same?  Isn't there something or other in the instructions of Jesus that involves being concerned for and caring about other people, especially people who are persecuted?  I'm not that versed in the Bible but where will I find Jesus' command in these instances to 'just laugh it off'?

It is progressives who are fixated on race, gender, religion and such and demand special considerations for those whom THEY deem need protecting.

Who else needs protecting currently that they are ignoring?  (hint: in a relative sense it's definitely not straight white Christians...)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Its your side and your side alone who seeks to remove constitutional rights from half the population.

What constitutional rights are those, half the population wants to continue to have the right to do what specifically?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Ha, which you can of course do because of white privilege. 

?

• Like 2