Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
macqdor

Stone Throwers and Fire-Starters

9 posts in this topic

macqdor

Stone Throwers and Fire-Starters

AIPR Mini Conference 2015 Speakers 5 & 6: Tony Healy and Paul Cropper Part 1 - Pursuing Poltergeists in Australia: In early 1998, just as they were preparing a magazine article about other classic poltergeist episodes, Paul Cropper and Tony Healy found themselves, through a very fortuitous coincidence, "embedded" in the most remarkable Australian poltergeist event of the modern era — the amazing Humpty Doo episode in the Northern Territory. Tony Healy will give a brief account of what transpired there, examine the various factors that may have triggered the weird outbreak, and compare phenomena observed to those reported during other Australian episodes. Part 2 - The Global Poltergeist: Paul Cropper will describe his recent investigations at three fire-poltergeist sites in Turkey, Vietnam, and Malaysia, and compare events observed there to those recorded during notable historical cases, such as the fiery persecution of the McDonald family in Wallaceburg, Canada in 1829-30. He will also report on the fruitful historical research he has been engaged in since Australian Poltergeist was published, summarizing a few of the most interesting recent poltergeist reports. In 2016, he and Tony plan to gather the dozens of "new" old cases that he has unearthed, and publish them in "source book" form for the benefit of other researchers.

time stamp 19:38 good intel*

@papageorge1

Edited by macqdor
  • Like 1

macqdor

http://hauntedearthghostvideos.blogspot.com/2013/06/did-poltergeist-destroy-jamaican-home.html

Distraught householders said they lost "everything". The fire department estimated the total loss at around $15 million. Family members, who yesterday steadfastly insisted that their names be kept out of news reports, confirmed that the house was not insured.

The Junction police confirmed late yesterday that they were investigating the incident.

A 42-year-old daughter of the householders said any material assistance would be welcomed "because the house burn down and we lose everything".

Fire personnel said that on their arrival the house was already "engulfed". They were able to save an old building, almost adjoining, described by relatives and neighbours as an "old outside kitchen". Firemen described the cause of the fire as "unknown".

Ref#

https://thefortean.com/2018/06/07/fire-poltergeist-in-long-an-province-vietnam/

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/06/fire-poltergeists-blamed-for-mysterious-burnings-in-vietnam/

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2013/01/djinn-and-fire.html

Edited by macqdor

macqdor

Her constant puzzled refrain was "we want to know what cause this?" She asked this reporter: "In all your experience, you have any idea what could cause this?" She got no answers.

She confirmed that her 70-year-old mother had been taken to the doctor. "She suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure, and all this is too much," she said.

The daughter said that after initially dismissing reports that "duppies" (ghosts) were involved, she changed her opinion weeks ago, when she saw a window on fire with no obvious source. "Mi see it fi myself," she said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Mysterious-fire-razes-St-Elizabeth--haunted-house-_14426574?

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added

papageorge1
8 hours ago, macqdor said:

time stamp 19:38 good intel*

@papageorge1

Checked it out. Just one amazing case and investigator after another to overwhelm me. I am certain we spend too much time with so-called hard-core skeptics and really should be more focused on learning what we can. 

When listening to serious paranormal investigators I am also struck that these blokes do not look like the sort to waste their professional careers on something with little fortune or name to be gained. 

Papameter...read-out on the existence of some legitimate paranormal phenomena in some or all of these so-named poltergeist cases:   99%

Edited by papageorge1

macqdor

@papageorge1

Checked it out. Just one amazing case and investigator after another to overwhelm me. I am certain we spend too much time with so-called hard-core skeptics and really should be more focused on learning what we can. 

When listening to serious paranormal investigators I am also struck that these blokes do not look like the sort to waste their professional careers on something with little fortune or name to be gained. 

Papameter...read-out on the existence of some legitimate paranormal phenomena in some or all of these so-named poltergeist cases:   99%

I agree.   This is what I do in my free time.   I posted this because I wanted you and others to see that people are talking about this stuff.   Discoveries are being made.    The poltergeist is pretty much accepted fact now among the paranormal and parapsychologist community and some psychological communities.   We're still in the infant stage of learning but so is every other scientific discipline.    There's a lot of data in that video.  Countless counts (reports) I need to dig deeper on.

They impressed me by going country to country seeking the truth.  I find that awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

preacherman76

This is in part why I believe our friend macqdor really did experience the things he claimed to have. 

Similar to my astral projection experiences, I became passionate about the subject after my first projection. I still read, and absorb every bit of information I can on the subject. Love sharing with those who are also excited about it. 

The OP, regardless of how these threads may turn out, is often bringing up cases that he can relate to. Has become passionate about exploring other peoples experiences. I don’t think that happens with people who were only seeking attention. Who make up stories for motives that are deceitful. 

Ok now I’m actually gonna watch the video 

• Thanks 1

papageorge1
1 hour ago, macqdor said:

@papageorge1

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0801.0382.pdf

Some conjectures about the mechanism of poltergeist phenomenon

Some serious science discussed there.

macqdor

@papageorge1

Huge difference in dialogue about poltergeist right? 

• Like 1