Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loud Noise Signals Exit

Mantis914

I'm not sure if I posted this here or on another forum but I'm really curious to know if anyone has had this happen to them.  

During a particularly bad nightmare or even a decent dream, I've felt either the "let me out of here" or "I never want to leave here" feeling which tends to prompt a loud sound that usually ends the dream at once.

It could be an explosion, horn or any other type of sound but it is quite sudden.  What prompted me to write about this was a YouTube video that perfectly illustrated this phenomenon.

Anyone else have this happen?

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

It sounds like exploding head syndrome.

https://www.tuck.com/exploding-head-syndrome/

I've experienced that during periods of high stress. For me it was first my phone ringing (back in the 90's). And a few years ago it was someone knocking hard on my door.

Both times very loud, and very shocking. Made me both answer the phone and open my door.

• Like 2

On Saturday, February 09, 2019 at 2:32 PM, Piney said:

It sounds like exploding head syndrome.

https://www.tuck.com/exploding-head-syndrome/

That's what a lot of others have suggested and it maybe so, I can't make heads or tails of it but Im usually asleep dreaming when it occurs.  One time, I heard the sound of glass breaking which made me jump right out of bed and search the entire house at 3 in the am.

On Saturday, February 09, 2019 at 2:43 PM, sci-nerd said:

I've experienced that during periods of high stress. For me it was first my phone ringing (back in the 90's). And a few years ago it was someone knocking hard on my door.

Both times very loud, and very shocking. Made me both answer the phone and open my door.

You may be on to something there, I've noticed that very depressing or stressful times are when things like this occur.

• Like 1