Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoofGardener

Deranged Democrat

461 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

acidhead

"I went to protest against getting more cops in the city"

What???

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"I went to protest against getting more cops in the city"

What???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A rather obscure Bassoon

Everyone was more than Happy to Investigate the Hell out of Trump, seems they should be examining her a little closer.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 8/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, Agent0range said:

I think the difference is, the right (in Congress, not your typical civilian Republican) are ignoring the threat of White Supremacists.  

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/trump-dhs-white-supremacy-domestic-terrorism-el-paso

That, and you have Fox News telling the right that white supremacy is a hoax...

I find that to basically be just rhetoric. If someone doesn't hand over documents fast enough.... they're conspiring to hide it... 

I bet we could find some Democrars that have said nothing on Twitter about white supremists, and thus they... and all Democrat politicians by association, are supporting white supremicists.

Of course I am not saying any particular person is doing so, but my point is spin, plus slow response, doesn't equal racist. Though so may TDS victims want it to be so.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
12 hours ago, acidhead said:

"I went to protest against getting more cops in the city"

What???

 

I watched Trumps speech about them yesterday.

He was struggling not to laugh when he was talking about how the Democrats have made the crew their poster girls. Trump has already won the next election lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Of course I am not saying any particular person is doing so, but my point is spin, plus slow response, doesn't equal racist. 

 

Oh, I'm not saying it's racist.  It's knowing that your base cares more about scary Muslims than the weird kid down the street that spends the majority of his day on 8chan.  It's the willful ignoring of the fact that the white supremacist domestic terrorists have been the largest danger to this country over the past couple years than any Muslim, brown person, or anyone not like us that is the issue.  I never said it was racist, but for you to even bring that up shows it is striking some kind of chord in you.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

@Agent0range, I don't think that violence by white supremists is done by a group that planned it the way in the old days, the KKK would have a cross burning or even a hanging. This is different. Here you have loose cannons with ties to white supremist groups. It doesn't make the violence any less so, but the group per se is not a danger that a group like ISIS would be. my opinion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

I am half asleep as I write this (or, maybe I’m 75% asleep—not sure). I have to work in a few hours. All I can say is views about Homeland Security were vastly negative throughout the 2000s amongst my group of friends (mostly riot grrrls and the progressive left—my peoples!) This view was even mainstream enough for the Homeland Security Act (and especially more so with the much maligned Patriot Act) to get a lot of **** from some pundits and media outlets in those days. It is all about your perception. It was a staple of the George W presidency. I am sure, from the other side, it is a good thing and appears to serve a purpose. Anyway, not that it has much to do with her as a person. Also, while we’re here…hey, I am totally down with less cops. Those guys are evil b*******! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

Note I’m not taking an official stance. But, offering insight that it was and is a widely held view of many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
25 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

 Also, while we’re here…hey, I am totally down with less cops. Those guys are evil b*******! :D

So, if you’re house is burglarised tomorrow, you shan’t be calling the police?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Depends on the facts in the case doesn't it.  If people were opposed to hiring more police because they thought other things might work better or because they were out of money on the city budget, it might not be just a rabid cop-hating stand.

Some folks believe youth social services can make a difference and other diversion programs for drugs and violence.  It appears to me to be another example  of an attempt to be divisive by reporting partial facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So, if you’re house is burglarised tomorrow, you shan’t be calling the police?

That’s fine because that serves a good purpose. But, trust me, if you’re pulled over going about a hundred miles per hour down the 70 toward Indy and you and your friend have about a pound of pure cocaine strapped into the backseat, you’ll see. Just kidding. Maybe. But, I have come across some really vile officers. There are good ones, too.

There is probably just too many in some places. One time, when I was 19, I was driving the company van for an air conditioning company. I was using it to sell black lights which I had loaded in the back. Apparently I was going slightly fast. A really old, short, fat and grumpy officer ran on foot out into the middle of the busy expressway to wave me over so that I’d pull over. I thought he was probably insane and best to avoid so I sped up and changed lanes to go around him.  Few seconds later, he was following me on a motorcycle. He was accompanied by another officer who was also on a motorcycle. I pulled over and the old, short, fat, mean officer dude approached my window along with the other officer. Oh he was pee-freaking-O’ed. He asked me why the hell I didn’t stop. I asked him why the hell he felt it necessary to run into oncoming traffic on a busy expressway on foot to get me Then I asked the other officer to give him a breathalyzer. The other officer couldn’t stop laughing and it p***ed the old fat guy off even more. I took the ticket. My company paid it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
7 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

That’s fine because that serves a good purpose. But, trust me, if you’re pulled over going about a hundred miles per hour down the 70 toward Indy and you and your friend have about a pound of pure cocaine strapped into the backseat, you’ll see. Just kidding. Maybe. But, I have come across some really vile officers. There are good ones, too.

There is probably just too many in some places. One time, when I was 19, I was driving the company van for an air conditioning company. I was using it to sell black lights which I had loaded in the back. Apparently I was going slightly fast. A really old, short, fat and grumpy officer ran on foot out into the middle of the busy expressway to wave me over so that I’d pull over. I thought he was probably insane and best to avoid so I sped up and changed lanes to go around him.  Few seconds later, he was following me on a motorcycle. He was accompanied by another officer who was also on a motorcycle. I pulled over and the old, short, fat, mean officer dude approached my window along with the other officer. Oh he was pee-freaking-O’ed. He asked me why the hell I didn’t stop. I asked him why the hell he felt it necessary to run into oncoming traffic on a busy expressway on foot to get me Then I asked the other officer to give him a breathalyzer. The other officer couldn’t stop laughing and it p***ed the old fat guy off even more. I took the ticket. My company paid it for me.

So... they’re evil b******* because you were doing something illegal (speeding) and ignored a lawful order to pull over?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2019 at 7:03 PM, Agent0range said:

Oh, I'm not saying it's racist.  It's knowing that your base cares more about scary Muslims than the weird kid down the street that spends the majority of his day on 8chan.  It's the willful ignoring of the fact that the white supremacist domestic terrorists have been the largest danger to this country over the past couple years than any Muslim, brown person, or anyone not like us that is the issue.  I never said it was racist, but for you to even bring that up shows it is striking some kind of chord in you.  

I'd agree, but all Media was there in 2001 with the WTC 911 attacks. A generation of kids grew up thinking Afghanistan, and Iraq, and Iran, were out to get us. Media sold America on the "Evil Muslims". It is not just me.

Such didnt become "Islsmophobia" till Trump made it an issue. NO ONE had a problem with President Obama making a terrorist nation list that was mostly Islamic.

True White Supremiscists are bad. We just had a minor riot in Portland last Saturday from far right groups clashing with Antifa. But Islamists want to Kill Us All.... Most White Suppremicists just want to be allowed to hate people. Not to defend them over mich, but we are lucky we live here, and not in Iran, or even Pakistan.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So... they’re evil b******* because you were doing something illegal (speeding) and ignored a lawful order to pull over?

I've seen this lately. The calling for no ICE, for fewer police... Law Enforcement are being painted as the bad guys by the far left. It will not be good in the long run. For anyone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So... they’re evil b******* because you were doing something illegal (speeding) and ignored a lawful order to pull over?

That is absolutely correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So... they’re evil b******* because you were doing something illegal (speeding) and ignored a lawful order to pull over?

 

4 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

That is absolutely correct!

OK.. seems reasonable.. can't see any internal inconsistencies THERE. :P 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

I would tell you the story about the cop and the used condom but I don’t think the moderaters would like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Do we even have a Secretary of Homeland Security again?  It seems like Trump has done more to dismantle the leadership than the Dems ever managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

i'm sure everyone has similar story, 

i do not mind more cops in areas where they needed, no to sit in their cars and give out tickets, or be city's revenue collectors,.

politicians are just as bad with cops as they are bad with gun laws, they sign dozens of new ones(never mind that they duplicate several old laws) that do not apply to people who they think should be affected. like criminals who could not care about magazine laws, or any other gun laws,   we already had our idiot governor, and even dumber mayor get into an argument over funds for cops, so coumo hired 1000 more state troopers to work in nyc, who do the same exact thing as nypd., yet in high crime areas, you wont find any of them.  so based on that i do agree cut their numbers in half, there will be almost no impact on regular folks. 

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

So....I love the chat radio station ..... a woman called in about Omar with something interesting. She said that no one ever talks about where her "benjamins" come from. She said it comes from rich Muslims and that they all understand she can't promote changes based on religion so she does it in a roundabout way like all the negativity about Israel, etc. But she doesn't only represent Muslims from her district she represents all of her constituents. Anyway, she said it better, I was trying give the pared down version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, aztek said:

i'm sure everyone has similar story, 

i do not mind more cops in areas where they needed, no to sit in their cars and give out tickets, or be city's revenue collectors,.

politicians are just as bad with cops as they are bad with gun laws, they sign dozens of new ones(never mind that they duplicate several old laws) that do not apply to people who they think should be affected. like criminals who could not care about magazine laws, or any other gun laws,   we already had our idiot governor, and even dumber mayor get into an argument over funds for cops, so coumo hired 1000 more state troopers to work in nyc, who do the same exact thing as nypd., yet in high crime areas, you wont find any of them.  so based on that i do agree cut their numbers in half, there will be almost no impact on regular folks. 

Saying cops are evil b******* was just me being flippant. Maybe that was lost on some. But, some can be. Plenty are outstanding service workers. Some are just in it for a paycheck. Even others, as a good friend of mine once noted are just kids who were picked on and now appreciate a power trip.

There is no rhyme or reason. One time, I was headed home after a sixteen-hour shift at a casino. I momentarily fell asleep on the road and went off the road. Nothing terrible happened thankfully but a cop showed up. He immediately put me in cuffs without reading me my rights, took me to a hospital for drug testing. Every test was negative. Then, he told me he was arresting me anyway for probable cause.

Granted, falling asleep at the wheel is bad. But I was arrested on DUI charges. The arresting officer was a scrawny little guy. He was as tall as my chest. He continuously stuck his chest out like he had something to prove. In spite of the fact I was clean and was not driving under the influence of anything, I was arrested for it.

I was taken to a jail in a microscopic Indiana town. I bonded myself out and paid to collect my vehicle from impound. That was years ago and I am still dealing with legal repercussions to this day. Then I learned my car suddenly had LoJack on it, illegally. It didn’t previously. I removed it. I also learned that the town I was taken to jail in has a population of about 6,000 people. Despite this, the jail was overcrowded, mostly over traffic arrests. This small town had a huge police department. Nothing about the situation added up. Just this year, I was forced to enter a plea deal and admit I was under the influence even though I wasn’t. This was the cheaper alternative and saved me thousands.

Police running the jail were mostly nice though. But, I have lots of reasons to question things. Then, you have extreme cases like the time several police officers, including, IIRC, a sherrif, went into a woman’s home and murdered her with a variety of weapons. I forgot the names and location of that case but I can deep dive and find the info if needed. Or, John Lang. Now, I question the John Lang account some but it seems fishy and if anyone was responsible for his death besides himself, I’d say police are prime suspects in my eyes. That department had a number of scandals anyway, including another death linked to the sheriff.

Maybe not less police but certainly no huge influx. And, every department should be monitored closer. Especially the sketchy ones. There were towns in Georgia and Florida where the whole department had to be shut down over racketeering.

Edited by Skulduggery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
Posted (edited)

Here’s another one for you. Once, when I was 19, I was dating an 18 year old girl. She didn’t live with her parents. She’d been in the foster system for years and wound up in a group home for troubled youth. But, she was 18 and they wanted her gone. She ran away. They called the police. The police found her and took her to jail but weren’t going to hold her. I was briefly staying with my dad in a neighboring town in Florida after losing a job and my first apartment.

A police officer called my dad’s landline. He asked if we could take her in. My dad was hesitant but said sure. We drove there and picked her up. It was a fun day, until night fell. Suddenly, police with guns drawn from two police departments showed up at my dad’s house. They displayed so much menance it still haunts me to this day. They thought we had kidnapped her. From the police headquarters at the jail.

My dad almost got in a fist fight with one of them but his cooler side prevailed. They took her and were threatening legal action and didn’t believe another officer had recommended it in the first place. One officer in particular was a real piece of work and wouldn’t stop calling me and my dad faggots. Can I say that here? If it is censored, it is a derogatory name for gay people. My dad knew him from high school.

After the incident, my dad looked up his address and got him a subscription to a Log Cabin Republican magazine just to be a jerk, hilariously.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

you do not have to convince me, i'm not a fan of cops at all. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.