Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal People Wanted

SCE

Hi. I'm an amateur filmmaker with several projects going on at the moment. I am in the process of producing a series for Youtube similar to shows like Paranormal Witness, Paranormal Survivor, Haunted. 

I am searching for individuals who have had profound experiences with the paranormal and would interested in being featured on the show. The show would include an interview with the individual, as well as dramatic reenactments of the encounter. The individual may remain anonymous if they choose.

Specific topics i hope to feature are: Ghosts, Demons, Aliens, Sasquatch, Dogman, Skinwalker, (other).

Personally i am a believer in the paranormal and have delved into the topic at length. Rest assured that your dignity will remain intact, and that you will be portrayed in a positive light. I believe you. 

• Like 1

Presumably this only applies to people living in the US?

On 2/11/2019 at 6:37 AM, ouija ouija said:

Presumably this only applies to people living in the US?

Unfortunately i am limited to certain geographic areas due to finances, but if you're willing to sponsor my trip to the UK for filming then i would LOVE to include those stories. ^_^

• Haha 7

Haha! That isn't going to happen, but Good Luck with your project. :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Haha! That isn't going to happen, but Good Luck with your project. :D

Never hurts to ask. ;)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

What part of the US are you filming in?

• 3 weeks later...

southern Ohio

On 4/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, Desertrat56 said:

What part of the US are you filming in?

southern Ohio. 

21 minutes ago, SCE said:

southern Ohio

southern Ohio. 

OK.  I live in New Mexico and there are a lot of movie and television companies filming here.  I was curious about the area you are in.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2019 at 3:27 PM, SCE said:

Unfortunately i am limited to certain geographic areas due to finances, but if you're willing to sponsor my trip to the UK for filming then i would LOVE to include those stories. ^_^

Shame i am in the UK, but you can sponsor me to come over to the US.

On 11/02/2019 at 4:38 AM, SCE said:

The show would include an interview with the individual, as well as dramatic reenactments of the encounter.

Will there be any visits to alleged haunted places or will it only be stories? 

• Thanks 1

Ever come to OZ I'll give you a enough for a blockbuster movie.If  freetoroam gives you a genuine story I'll pay for her flight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  I live in New Mexico and there are a lot of movie and television companies filming here.  I was curious about the area you are in.

Yeah, Ohio isnt a bad place to do films, its not great either. Its just where i am at the moment. I may be moving west to Washington soon. Better environment for it out there. 

9 minutes ago, SCE said:

Yeah, Ohio isnt a bad place to do films, its not great either. Its just where i am at the moment. I may be moving west to Washington soon. Better environment for it out there. 

I think the west is best for almost everything.  My cousin's son lives in Ohio but I always forget which town.

21 hours ago, SCE said:

I don't always have time to check UM as much as i love it, but if anyone wants to share their story i can more easily be reached at FB. I'd love to see what we can do.

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowCreekEnt

There are plenty of ghost writers around here, practically everyone writes for someone else. Just watch, and see what I mean.

How much are will you willing to pay? There is a ghost in my machine. How about miracles, are you interested in those? I can take one fish and make two out of one.

Seriously, I lived in Cincinnati for a year, it's on seven hills, like Rome, Italy, a nice area all around.  Is that the area where you will be filming at? If someone wants to come there, but their ghost(s) refuse to haunt in Ohio, can they meet you half way?

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, SCE said:

With all the insanity that happens around the various mounds you should get some interesting interviews there. Every time there was a dig people came out of the woodwork with crazy stories. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, Piney said:

With all the insanity that happens around the various mounds you should get some interesting interviews there. Every time there was a dig people came out of the woodwork with crazy stories. 

I like that idea. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, Pettytalk said:

There are plenty of ghost writers around here, practically everyone writes for someone else. Just watch, and see what I mean.

How much are will you willing to pay? There is a ghost in my machine. How about miracles, are you interested in those? I can take one fish and make two out of one.

Seriously, I lived in Cincinnati for a year, it's on seven hills, like Rome, Italy, a nice area all around.  Is that the area where you will be filming at? If someone wants to come there, but their ghost(s) refuse to haunt in Ohio, can they meet you half way?

I like your style. lol

Unfortunately creative writing is in high supply, and the demand pays at the low low cost of free. If i wanted to write the stories i featured i would, i'd kind of like to be honest about it and let the people themselves be the one who defend their story. I want to feature the interviews, see. Its more believable when you have a face to associate with the story. 

2 minutes ago, SCE said:

I like that idea. 

Serpent Mound during the Summer Solstice.  The wackos come out of the woodwork. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCE said:

I like your style. lol

Unfortunately creative writing is in high supply, and the demand pays at the low low cost of free. If i wanted to write the stories i featured i would, i'd kind of like to be honest about it and let the people themselves be the one who defend their story. I want to feature the interviews, see. Its more believable when you have a face to associate with the story. 

Perhaps you'll catch more fish if you go to one of the pro reincarnation sites. There, there are plenty of people who swear they are communicating with the spirits of their dear departed.

How about you, seriously, what's really your take on it? Are you neutral or partial to one or the other side? And is your documentary intended to provide some proof for what can be shown to be evidence beyond debunking? Or will it be pro skeptic, attempting to debunk anyone who comes forth to seriously assert that the heart and mind do go on after death?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Serpent Mound during the Summer Solstice.  The wackos come out of the woodwork. :)

You mean most of us are already out, don't you? Collective us, and not just you and I.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 4:02 PM, Pettytalk said:

Perhaps you'll catch more fish if you go to one of the pro reincarnation sites. There, there are plenty of people who swear they are communicating with the spirits of their dear departed.

How about you, seriously, what's really your take on it? Are you neutral or partial to one or the other side? And is your documentary intended to provide some proof for what can be shown to be evidence beyond debunking? Or will it be pro skeptic, attempting to debunk anyone who comes forth to seriously assert that the heart and mind do go on after death?

If you would have asked me 10 years ago, i would have told you 100% i was a believer in the paranormal. As i age (i'm currently 38) i believe less and less. I think that is natural with most people in the field. However, every time i think i get away, something happens that  makes me wonder. I think perhaps there is no paranormal behavior, just normal behavior that we do not yet understand. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SCE said:

If you would have asked me 10 years ago, i would have told you 100% i was a believer in the paranormal. As i age (i'm currently 38) i believe less and less. I think that is natural with most people in the field. However, every time i think i get away, something happens that  makes me wonder. I think perhaps there is no paranormal behavior, just normal behavior that we do not yet understand. 

That's understandable from the perspective of not understanding. But it's also understandable that if one understands a so called paranormal occurrence as normal, the paranormal does indeed become normal. This is so because the paranormal is not occurring, normally, and therefore not normally observed and understood by our normal observers of our normal world. But those that eventually understand the normality of the paranormal, are those that make it a normal occurrence, normally. And as such, if you have understood what I'm inferring, there is really no paranormal phenomena to seek, because when found it will just turn out to be a normal occurrence that was misunderstood as a paranormal one. 

How fortunate that you are 38 years of age. If you will live to be the ripe age of, say 80, I'm certain that the normal of today will be your paranormal of tomorrow, normally, as the paranormal lives between the normal of our youth and the unknown of our old age. And we seem to have opposite views due to age difference. Because when I was young I was 100% unbeliever in the paranormal. But as I aged, without specifics, telling you only that I'm nearly twice your age, I believe the paranormal to be more and more normal. I believe the paranormal becomes more and more normal as we begin to approach the expected end of our normal life.

But perhaps you are a seeker after the paranormal in the same way a true philosopher seeks the normal truth. They say that philosophy begins in wonder.  And a true philosopher ends the seeking when the soul sheds the body. You are seeking the naked soul, one devoid of clothing, the body. This is normally what is understood as the paranormal behavior, a naked soul dancing in our normal world.

Again, wishing you a pleasantly normal seeking of understanding. But I believe you will find that paranormal phenomena you seek to be hiding within your own very body, normally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd settle for meeting one normal person... ever.

Never have, beginning to think I'll have a better chance of a ghost encounter.  Haven't had one of those either.  Though I love to read and hear about them.  I wish you luck in your endeavor mate.  I'm in Cali, work in the film union.  If I hear of anyone speaking a story that might feature well with you, I'll point them your way.  I have several friends who make independent films and they are my favorite medium to watch these days.  The big dogs are too formulaic. 

For what you do... Respect.