Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiethnicity good or bad?

Relam

On 13. 02. 2019. at 6:36 PM, OverSword said:

I don't think it's ethnicity that is the real issue.  Although it might seem to manifest that way.  But in response to the OP I would say it's culture that smaller countries in Europe are fighting for and ethnicity just makes it easier to identify someone as perhaps not fitting in with a culture.  Here is an interview with a Polish boxer.

Yeah that's exactly, this man is very reasonable about what's happening in europe, lot's of new immigrants disrespecting laws and culture of europe

48 minutes ago, Relam said:

I know man exactly what are you talking i am from oldest tribe in south europe and there is a some sort of pride when you are native and non mixed,we had a lots of wars with Roman empire and Turks and we hated them because lot's of people here lost their identity because they almost cleared from earth our old native culture,  but anyway it's not possible to be homogeneous and clean,it's about who is real human and who is not.

You forgot the Teutonic Knights. They pushed you into the Magyar then got the **** beat out of them by the Magyar. Then the Nazis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Relam said:

... there is a some sort of pride when you are native and non mixed ...

Recommendation by toast (100% native German, blue eyes): see a psychologist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Did we quit when the Germans bombed  Pearl Harbor"? - J. Belushi

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Relam said:

I know man exactly what are you talking i am from oldest tribe in south europe and there is a some sort of pride when you are native and non mixed...

Really? And even if you could prove it, why would anyone give a good ****?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Personally I appreciate the heads up, always good to know who is packing a few extra chromosomes :D

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Relam said:

it's not possible to be homogeneous and clean,it's about who is real human and who is not.

Your words, my stress.

That and the first part of your sentence doesn't make sense. Unless you're perhaps promoting interbreeding. Which doesn't make sense either.

Tell you what, I won't answer for a day.

Pose to this forum, whom you deem "not real people".

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Relam said:

I know man exactly what are you talking i am from oldest tribe in south europe and there is a some sort of pride when you are native and non mixed,we had a lots of wars with Roman empire and Turks and we hated them because lot's of people here lost their identity because they almost cleared from earth our old native culture,  but anyway it's not possible to be homogeneous and clean,it's about who is real human and who is not.

I can't believe anyone liked that statement unless it was in error. :angry:

• Like 1

Pretty silly to be priding ourselves on our ethnicity, we do, after all, have no say in who our forebears were. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Pretty silly to be priding ourselves on our ethnicity, we do, after all, have no say in who our forebears were. 

What drives me crazy are the people who actually take pride in being inbred and see themselves, in some way, as actually being 'pure bred'. :angry:

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

I just said that because Piney is native american and i see you just don't understand mindset of people who had thousands of years of history and were always with their tribe

Everyone has thousands and millions of years of history, whenever I hear anyone spruik their pride in their ethnicity, all I see is egotism and failure. You cannot build yourself up, in that way, without making others out to be less important.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Relam said:

I just said that because Piney is native american and i see you just don't understand mindset of people who had thousands of years of history and were always with their tribe

I just said that because....

Perhaps speak for yourself and answer the questions posed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Everyone has thousands and millions of years of history, whenever I hear anyone spruik their pride in their ethnicity, all I see is egotism and failure. You cannot build yourself up, in that way, without making others out to be less important.

I think that you didn't understand me, im saying about my culture that is destroyed by 3 religions and genocide that happened to my people before

1 minute ago, Relam said:

I think that you didn't understand me, im saying about my culture that is destroyed by 3 religions and genocide that happened to my people before

Doesn't all that mayhem arise because the persecutors think their culture is superior ? If everyone thinks there is inherent superiority in their own culture, when the whip hand changes, as it has from time to time, those that were persecuted, will become the persecutors. I'm sure there are people in the Middle East who can relate to that.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Again misunderstood lmao, man english is not my native, i meant ' what matters is who is inside his heart good human being'

Edited by Relam
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Relam said:

Again misunderstood lmao, man english is not my native, i meant ' what matters is who is inside his heart good human being'

I can accept that.

English is my first language, when spoken I take it at first value.

• Like 2

I don't think multi-ethnicity is bad, but I don't think it's a good thing to be celebrated either.  Every race has a genetic heritage that is unique to them, and blending it all together robs both sides of that uniqueness in the future.

As far as people wanting to live in a racially homogeneous nation, there is also nothing inherently wrong with that.  The majority of nations on this planet are racially homogeneous and until a few decades ago have been so for thousands of year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wickian said:

I.  Every race has a genetic heritage that is unique to them, and blending it all together robs both sides of that uniqueness in the future.

At some point doesnt it become ridiculous though? I mean im of German descent, from both sides of the family, and can trace my roots back to medieval "royalty" of some sort of another. Yet along with my blonde hair and blue eyes I have a toasty brown complexion and almond shaped oriental eyes. Why? Because at some point along the line a Mongol invader was tossed into the mix. So which race am I a member of? Which one should I have pride in?

If you take my example and spread it out over hundreds and thousands of years every race has been affected in one way or another by other races, hell go back far enough and you can find where many of us actually are derived from interbreeding of humans and Neanderthal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wickian said:

As far as people wanting to live in a racially homogeneous nation, there is also nothing inherently wrong with that.  The majority of nations on this planet are racially homogeneous and until a few decades ago have been so for thousands of year. 

Oh hell no on that part. That will take a serious amount of proof. Which I expect cannot be factually provided.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Every race has a genetic heritage that is unique to them, and blending it all together robs both sides of that uniqueness in the future.

For what 'uniqueness' would that serve any purpose?

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

I can't believe anyone liked that statement unless it was in error. :angry:

He didn't mean it that way. He's Slav. English isn't his Primary. He meant it's about what's in your heart.

I understood him. 

• Thanks 2

The fact is, you can't pump up your own personal/family/national/cultural/ethnic tyres, without deflating those of others, a better plan would be to be like the rising tide that lifts all boats.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

He didn't mean it that way. He's Slav. English isn't his Primary. He meant it's about what's in your heart.

I understood him. 

We hashed that out.

I won't put word's in his mouth. I only consider the words from his mouth.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1