Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiethnicity good or bad?

Relam

16 minutes ago, Relam said:

What you do not understand about @Pineys and my culture is that for people like us our land is something precious and sacred, even a couple of meters around the house matters because as my ancestors said 'land will never betray you'. There's an old saying from my place and thing that my father used to tell me: never forget who you are,your home and where you come from and never be ashamed of it.

"Mokosh" Moist Mother Earth. :yes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Piney said:

With Native Americans there's a "blood quantum" to be tribal. Then with certain tribes your only tribal if your mother or father is tribal. You have these mixed people who can't be tribal. Outside looking in

Even these days our tribe do the same thing, everybody prefers more to breed with tribe members

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Relam said:

Even these days our tribe do the same thing, everybody prefers more to breed with tribe members

They also tried to breed the Indigenous Australians out. If you were mixed you were ripped from your tribe and sent to a Catholic Residential School.

If they found 2,000 bodies of children and stopped digging "out of respect?" at the type my grandfather was sent to in Canada. How many are in Australia?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

In the early days the population makeup was largely English, French, Spanish, native Indians, African slaves, and a hint of Dutch. Today it is German.

All those DNA contributions have evolved in isolation from each offer ranging from a few centuries to tens of thousands of years. That means right now DNA combinations are coming together which have never been with each other inside of cells before. That causes evolution as incompatible DNA causes health and psychiatric problems. Compatible groups of DNA will emerge over time. But in the meantime mixed race couples (that means mixed white ethnicities too) are playing Russian Roulette. 

I cant help but wonder if most cancer around the world is caused by immigrants in a persons history?

Both my Parents died from Cancer,both where from the UK and both had long family histories of coal mining, local, non ethnically diverse gene sharing. As do most European families. Before people had access to affordable/safe travel, the majority of families stayed ridiculously non-diverse. That change was only 2 generations before mine. The spread of cancer has been far more rapid than that.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Relam said:

My "Oath Sister" and teenage best friend, Margo's grandfather was Cuman Magyar and one of the Unitarian Puzta Siccossack  who guarded your people against Nazi incursions.

I know some of your history well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Both my Parents died from Cancer,both where from the UK and both had long family histories of coal mining, local, non ethnically diverse gene sharing. As do most European families. Before people had access to affordable/safe travel, the majority of families stayed ridiculously non-diverse. That change was only 2 generations before mine. The spread of cancer has been far more rapid than that.

Most of it's environment. Certain prostrate cancers are genetic. My sister's cancer probably came from pesticides and herbicides. Then there was Huntsman Chemical and Dupont across the river from our farm. Which could of did it too. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Most of it's environment. Certain prostrate cancers are genetic. My sister's cancer probably came from pesticides and herbicides. Then there was Huntsman Chemical and Dupont across the river from our farm. Which could of did it too. 

Industrialisation.

cancer has existed for centuries and it has almost always been caused by introducing non-compatible pathogens into our environment, like coal dust or lead based makeup’s.

As far as multi-culturalism goes I like Chinese food,Turkish kebabs,Japanese technology, Asian traditions of  meditation and exercise, is that cultural appropriation?

I also enjoy Math, science, and literature.3 things which could not have advanced without multicultural input and three things which arguably are strongly part of European culture, like civil engineering. My goodness, in the UK alone they have massive buildings built by human hands, before the invention of large scale equipment that are hundreds of years old. European’s arguably created many of the building techniques used in modern housing. Most modern facilities where invented and utelised by people of European decent. Electricity,transport. The UK and Europe are the heart of the beginning of our industrialised world.

when someone tries to state that Europeans have no culture, I often think of fish who have no word for water. Our culture may not be grass skirts but the entire world is so deeply immersed in it, it is barely noticed. Next time you are near a tall building made of concrete, you should pause long enough to realise that is the evolution of a European mud hut.

European culture is also ancient and people don’t seem to mind so much when they drive their cars or catch trains, on paved roads to go to buildings which withstand nature while wearing pants. Or maybe you just want to ride a bicycle.

Europeans have culture,it is just not ever considered exotic enough to be important. And it is willingly shared to everyone. It has proven profitable to do so.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Piney said:

With Native Americans there's a "blood quantum" to be tribal. Then with certain tribes your only tribal if your mother or father is tribal. You have these mixed people who can't be tribal. Outside looking in. 

Then you have something called "the Redneck". <_<

Nobody calls anybody half black "only a halfbreed". Obama is Black even though he was raised white and wealthy. 

No instead they call any Aboriginal mixed person a different name that’s as hurtful as half breed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

In the early days the population makeup was largely English, French, Spanish, native Indians, African slaves, and a hint of Dutch. Today it is German.

All those DNA contributions have evolved in isolation from each offer ranging from a few centuries to tens of thousands of years. That means right now DNA combinations are coming together which have never been with each other inside of cells before. That causes evolution as incompatible DNA causes health and psychiatric problems. Compatible groups of DNA will emerge over time. But in the meantime mixed race couples (that means mixed white ethnicities too) are playing Russian Roulette. 

I cant help but wonder if most cancer around the world is caused by immigrants in a persons history?

What a load.  I've always known mixed races to be stronger and more attractive because they seem to inherit the best features from both races, but that's just my opinion I suppose.  As for healthier there is no proven scientific evidence showing mixed races are prone to genetic diseases.  In fact going by this article on a sight dedicated to genetics based on scientific evidence, the contrary is true. The site may sound like it's promoting mixed races as a futuristic prospect in a positive manner but 1) what's wrong with that if there are no health disadvantages and 2) there ARE NO disadvantages as corroborated by their studies.

Specifically this,

A distinct advantage of this blending is that beneficial traits present in one population can make their way into the other. For instance, should a mutation appear somewhere in southeast Asia that provides protection against the Zika virus, it wouldn’t help those facing the current outbreak in South and Central America. Yet if someone with the mutation moved to South America and established a family there, the mutation could save lives and hence be passed to future generations.

The only real problem with mixed races is what they have to deal with Socially, because of small minded, xenophobic, self centered individuals in our society who discriminate and think they're better than others and this goes for all races and colours.

link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Oh yes thats right, because there is no genetic distance between people from two different parts of the world.

We are all identical clones lmao.

I am not captive to PC notions about race, if there is a case to be made that genetic intermixing of diverse peoples leads to mental problems or high cancer rates, then you should make it. If it can be demonstrated, then people should acknowledge it. But I think if it were true, we'd have heard about it, and loudly, by now, there being plenty of people who would have recruited it as a political tool, in appealing to ethnic chauvinisms.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

No instead they call any Aboriginal mixed person a different name that’s as hurtful as half breed. 

"Creamy"  My Aboriginal friend Davie called himself that. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

"Creamy"  My Aboriginal friend Davie called himself that. :mellow:

Not even close to the word. 

Never heard someone refer to a person as creamy. To me creamy is a texture 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 11:16 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Now you are just trying to be deliberately awkward arent you? You`re the type of poster who needs everybody else to agree with you and cannot cope when they dont lol.

There exists a correlation between the number of immigrants in society and the rates of various types of cancer. Its not rocket science figuring out what the link is. A human cell is a finely tuned engine of various different parts all working together in harmony. When a disruption to that harmony occurs the cells dont work properly. In mixed race offspring what is happening is two sets of genetics which haven't evolved together are being brought together inside cells. They haven't been fine tuned to be in harmony with each other through evolution. The result is parents of two different races playing Russian Roulette with their mixed race children.

I would say the worst combination would be native American DNA combined with African DNA. They are the most genetically distinct from each other races on the planet. Maybe this is the reason behind the high rates of crime, cancer, and mental health problems in the USA? Genetics which arent fine tuned with each other being brought together inside of cells causing the problems in the USA?? Genetics plays a role in crime, cancer, and mental health problems.

There exists a correlation between industrialisation and immigration and thre exists a correlation between industrialisation and cancer. It may be worthwhile for you to present your best evidence to prove your point and double check that the correlations are exclusive to the cancer research.

• Like 3

The rates of cancer are certainly related to people living longer, in the past people died from infectious diseases before cancer had a chance to get them.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

The rates of cancer are certainly related to people living longer, in the past people died from infectious diseases before cancer had a chance to get them.

Or wars. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 1:31 AM, Relam said:

Hello, i am from europe and here are lots of heavy nationalists in small countries that have ideologies about homogeneous nations etc.., so i would like to ask americans because you have the most multiethnic country, what do you think about multiethnicity in your country is it good or bad and what americans think about nationalism? is it important?

I think most feel it is good as long as there is some attempts to assimilate.   Of course there are many exceptions and it is not always due to race.  Change is hard for many people.    Whether it is a fear of switching jobs or a fear of moving out of town.   A new and different culture may top all.   

8 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Not even close to the word. 

Never heard someone refer to a person as creamy. To me creamy is a texture 

Same word they use here for Blacks and Indians.  It starts with a N. <_< 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Piney said:

Same word they use here for Blacks and Indians.  It starts with a N. <_< 

No not the n word, here it has been used but other words are more used. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Habitat said:

Cancer has existed since the beginning of time, however as you pointed out infectious diseases before we had vaccinations would infect people first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruby04 said:

Cancer has existed since the beginning of time, however as you pointed out infectious diseases before we had vaccinations would infect people first. 

The first antibiotics didn't appear till the mid-1930's, Penicillin early 1940's, prior to that, one third of deaths were from bacterial infections, Pneumonia was a major killer, and any sepsis could easily turn deadly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The first antibiotics didn't appear till the mid-1930's, Penicillin early 1940's, prior to that, one third of deaths were from bacterial infections, Pneumonia was a major killer, and any sepsis could easily turn deadly.

I know this, it’s an area I have interest in. 

I find it very interesting how antibiotics were discovered. 

Also interesting is how somethings are a killer and a cure. 

We take it for granted now because most of us have never lived in the time before antibiotics and vaccinations. 

I’m too young to have ever seen smallpox (first time I ever heard about it was mom told me that her 2 arm scars were from the vaccination) person, but know about it. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Kismit said:

Industrialisation.

cancer has existed for centuries and it has almost always been caused by introducing non-compatible pathogens into our environment, like coal dust or lead based makeup’s.

As far as multi-culturalism goes I like Chinese food,Turkish kebabs,Japanese technology, Asian traditions of  meditation and exercise, is that cultural appropriation?

I also enjoy Math, science, and literature.3 things which could not have advanced without multicultural input and three things which arguably are strongly part of European culture, like civil engineering. My goodness, in the UK alone they have massive buildings built by human hands, before the invention of large scale equipment that are hundreds of years old. European’s arguably created many of the building techniques used in modern housing. Most modern facilities where invented and utelised by people of European decent. Electricity,transport. The UK and Europe are the heart of the beginning of our industrialised world.

when someone tries to state that Europeans have no culture, I often think of fish who have no word for water. Our culture may not be grass skirts but the entire world is so deeply immersed in it, it is barely noticed. Next time you are near a tall building made of concrete, you should pause long enough to realise that is the evolution of a European mud hut.

European culture is also ancient and people don’t seem to mind so much when they drive their cars or catch trains, on paved roads to go to buildings which withstand nature while wearing pants. Or maybe you just want to ride a bicycle.

Europeans have culture,it is just not ever considered exotic enough to be important. And it is willingly shared to everyone. It has proven profitable to do so.

Oldest European culture is from Illyrians and Slavs that are the oldest,they were almost destroyed by invaders, i am their descent

12 minutes ago, Relam said:

Oldest European culture is from Illyrians and Slavs that are the oldest,they were almost destroyed by invaders, i am their descent

We're all old cultures and descended from someone else and were almost destroyed by invaders.

That's the way of life. Nothing special.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Relam said:

Given that you are genetically only 50% of either parent, and 25% of your grandparents, the idea of being a "descendant" of the "oldest European culture" is totally meaningless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1