Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiethnicity good or bad?

Relam

I suppose a blow-fly could boast that is has survived far more generations than us, so we ought not get too proud of our heritage.

21 hours ago, Relam said:

Oldest European culture is from Illyrians and Slavs that are the oldest,they were almost destroyed by invaders, i am their descent

Not to bust your bubble, also because it has nothing to do with the topic, but I think proto-Celts and prot-Greeks may have a claim to that title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Not to bust your bubble, also because it has nothing to do with the topic, but I think proto-Celts and prot-Greeks may have a claim to that title.

Exactly. There's no worth to a culture's age for "age" sake, just to say "because it's old it is somehow more valuable, or pure".

Because we all know that purebred is just another word for inbred. It's the lack of mixing that promotes two carriers of the same negative genetic trait that causes massive damage to their children.

• Like 4

On 2/20/2019 at 1:05 AM, Black Red Devil said:

Greeks too :D

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 6:31 AM, Relam said:

Hello, i am from europe and here are lots of heavy nationalists in small countries that have ideologies about homogeneous nations etc.., so i would like to ask americans because you have the most multiethnic country, what do you think about multiethnicity in your country is it good or bad and what americans think about nationalism? is it important?

Its the people`s nation not the politicians.

They need to get the consent of the people for large numbers of immigrants. If they dont it causes resentment and trying to legislate to keep such people quiet doesnt make the problem go away. Neither does calling them racists or bigots because its their nation and as such they are entitled to have their society run the way they want it run.

What it boils down to is pro-immigration politicians who have no respect for the views of the people they represent. Let the ordinary people vote to set the immigration policy, then the politicians will find out the number of immigrants the natives are happy accepting. They should stick to it.

Respect and consent have been missing on a number of issues for a long-time including membership of the EU for many European nations.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

Image may contain: text

I thought this thread was about multiculturalism in general, not about Islam in particular.

BTW: regarding #6, what in the hell is "lawfare"?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I thought this thread was about multiculturalism in general, not about Islam in particular.

BTW: regarding #6, what in the hell is "lawfare"?

its about multiculturalism which INCLUDES Islam. 

it is something you need to google for yourself,  if you do not remember it from school. 

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is something you need to google for yourself,  if you do not remember it from school. 

I did (well, for one page which usually does the trick) and the spell checker here doesn't even recognize it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

its about multiculturalism which INCLUDES Islam. 

Oh, so if I don't like East Indians, or Russians or Jews I should feel free to post memes that specifically target them too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, so if I don't like East Indians, or Russians or Jews I should feel free to post memes that specifically target them too?

i could not care less what you do.,

btw you ARE posting trash about Americans all the time, so cry me an effing river

Edited by aztek

On 2/10/2019 at 10:31 PM, Relam said:

Hello, i am from europe and here are lots of heavy nationalists in small countries that have ideologies about homogeneous nations etc.., so i would like to ask americans because you have the most multiethnic country, what do you think about multiethnicity in your country is it good or bad and what americans think about nationalism? is it important?

People are people no matter where they come from. So I am going to say it is a good thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I did (well, for one page which usually does the trick) and the spell checker here doesn't even recognize it.

lol, really? did google ban you? cuz it comes up on first page. 

Edited by aztek

8 hours ago, aztek said:

btw you ARE posting trash about Americans all the time,

Quote me on this! Please, just a once. When have I said anything Anti-American?

You're a sad individual to sneak that in, with a lame edit.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, aztek said:

LOL!

You never heard "Lawfare" in school.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

LOL!

You never heard "Lawfare" in school.

I never did (Canada).

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I never did (Canada).

"Lawfare" is a portmanteau said to have been coined in 1975.

I don't recall spending a lot of time on neologisms. 

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

I never did (Canada).

Lawfare is the use of the existing legal system to attack your enemies.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Lawfare is the use of the existing legal system to attack your enemies.

Well, thank you for that. The only thing I got was an advertisement.

BTW: I hate the Amish, with their humble nature, they're apt to throw their wooden shoes and sabotage capitalism! Luddites!

Wow: I feel better having sad that!

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 3

lamo, they protest capitalism??? they profit from it.  especially by means of  puppy mills.   lol, even the shill is laughing at your post.

Edited by aztek

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

lamo, they protest capitalism??? they profit from it.  especially by means of  puppy mills.   lol, even the shill is laughing at your post.

You should really take some time off this site and not take everything so personally..

Edit: Yeah, and East Indians, their food smells funny (and utterly delicious). What's up with that?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

You OK Aztek? I was laughing with him because it was really quite obviously a joke.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

On 19/02/2019 at 9:31 PM, Likely Guy said:

If multi-ethnicity was bad, Canada would be a basket case.

Inclusiveness built on tolerance and respect for diversity is the reason we're not a basket case.

I Googled 'Canadian basket case' for fun, by the way, and Chretien was the first one up. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You should really take some time off this site and not take everything so personally..

Edit: Yeah, and East Indians, their food smells funny (and utterly delicious). What's up with that?

personally? i can assure you i do not,, lol  if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, maybe you need some time off

yeah, and you post stupid things just to be confrontational, what's up with that?