Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hi All! Looking forward to meeting people!

ShadowShark622

Hi Everyone, my name is Pat.  This looked like an interesting place to come and share parts of my life that I normally keep to myself.  Many of the women in my family have some sort of paranormal, psychic (I don't know exactly what to call it) gift.  some see and read auras (I can't).  Precognition, demonology and cleansing, and more are (relatively) common in the women on the maternal side of my family.  I can see and communicate with spirits...dead people, if you want.  I can't remember a time when I couldn't see, hear, and talk to them.  Up until I was 5 years old, I didn't understand that they were different from "normal" people.  Having this ability (for mr, anyway) isn't like "Ghost Whisperer".  They don't all come to me because they're "stuck" here and need help crossing into the light.  Sometimes they just happen to be where I am, and aren't interested in communicating with me at all.  Sometimes my encounters seem totally random,  almost like chit chatting with a stranger in while in line at the supermarket, then when you're finished, you say good-bye, and you never see that person again...some spirits are seeking help with things...I was wondering if any of this sounds like what happens with other people who see/hear/communicate with spirits?  Does anyone else have lots of family members with psychic abilities also?  Does it sound genetic?  My son is the exception in our family...and he has autism spectrum disorder...he's the only male in our family that anyone can ever remember having this gift.  I know that I'm not the only person who sees spirits, but the few people I've met who say that they can, have very different experiences from mine.  Sometimes I feel SO alone...so there it is, I hope to meet lots of people,share ideas and experience, and of course, I welcome any thoughts on the above.  G'night Everyone!

• Like 7

Hi Pat, welcome to UM. :) Thank you for telling us about your background. I hope you find someone here who has similar gifts to you(not me, I can't communicate with the dead other than many years ago through a Ouija board).

• Like 4

Hi and welcome to UM. 

You will find some here claiming similar 'gifts'. 

I do not, but maybe not believing in an after life for the dead has a lot to do with that. :D

We have two sides of the fence on here, which makes interesting debates. 

• Like 1

Welcome Pat, I hope you enjoy your stay here. 

• Like 1

Hello Pat :st Welcome to UM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...