Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Bootleg alcohol batch kills over 100 in India

7 posts in this topic

Still Waters

A batch of moonshine has killed more than 100 people in India, in the worst such case in years.

India’s alcohol consumption is low compared to many Western nations, but with the price tag on liquor taking it beyond many people’s reach, illegal or bootleg alcohol is rife, every year causing around a thousand deaths.

The death toll has been rising on the latest batch circulating in two neighboring northern states that border Tibet, since reports began to surface in local media and official reports around Feb. 9. Officials said that they believe the death toll is going to continue to rise beyond the current count of 100.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bootleg-alcohol-batch-kills-over-100-people-in-india_2796754.html

• Sad 5

Farmer77
17 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A batch of moonshine has killed more than 100 people in India, in the worst such case in years.

India’s alcohol consumption is low compared to many Western nations, but with the price tag on liquor taking it beyond many people’s reach, illegal or bootleg alcohol is rife, every year causing around a thousand deaths.

The death toll has been rising on the latest batch circulating in two neighboring northern states that border Tibet, since reports began to surface in local media and official reports around Feb. 9. Officials said that they believe the death toll is going to continue to rise beyond the current count of 100.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bootleg-alcohol-batch-kills-over-100-people-in-india_2796754.html

I hope the idiotic producers of the History Channel show that glorifies moonshiners are paying attention

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

spartan max2
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I hope the idiotic producers of the History Channel show that glorifies moonshiners are paying attention

I'm sure the reason poor people in India are making moonshine is because of one show on the history channel from the West that portrays it in a more positive light :lol: lol

They probably just do it because it's an easy way to get money when you have limited options. 

• Like 2

Farmer77
Just now, spartan max2 said:

I'm sure the reason poor people in India are making moonshine is because of one show on the history channel from the West that portrays it in a more positive light :lol: lol

They probably just do it because it's an easy way to get money when you have limited options. 

OH i wasnt drawing that conclusion.....just the conclusion that some idiot high school kid here in the US is gonna do to his homecoming what happened in India after being inspired by that show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spartan max2
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

OH i wasnt drawing that conclusion.....just the conclusion that some idiot high school kid here in the US is gonna do to his homecoming what happened in India after being inspired by that show.

Ah okay, my bad, I just assumed that's what you were implying for some reason. 

• Like 1

Piney
On 2/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, Still Waters said:

They didn't skim off the "Devil's Cut" and used the wrong metal for the cooker. They might of added some sort of woody herb too. That makes methanol no matter what species it is.:(

• Thanks 1

Princess Serenity

I don't understand why The History Channel has show(s) around illegal bootleg. |: I'll watch them if I'm bored and with my dad but other than that I won't show them. 

RIP People. <3