Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Boosmama

My 13 year old daughter is a medium and is sc

Boosmama

Hey guys, new to the group, but, not new to the subject. My oldest daughter will be 14 in April. Since she was about 4 she has had the ability to see things and they interact with her. It was quite bad until she was about 5 or so when it seemed to calm down altogether. However, when she hit 12 it seemed to start back up again and is slowly getting worse. This photo was taken by her this evening while she was at her grandmothers house and it scared her a lot. Other members of our family know her abilities and try our hardest to help her, but, things are getting increasingly worse. The top button hit a couple of months ago when my daughter spent the night with my mother who is a total skeptic about anything supernatural (or she used to be). My daughter slept in with my mother while my other 2 children slept in their designated rooms at my mothers house. In the middle of the night my mother said she woke up because she could hear my daughter talking in her sleep, my mother spoke to my daughter and shook her slightly trying to wake her up. My mother said when my daughter turned around (she had been sleeping with her back to my mother) my mother said it was like my daughter didnt even know who my mother was and then all of a sudden she started talking in another language.  This episode scared my mother enough that now she is a true believer. The image in the photo is the newest thing to show up to only my daughter and I'm honestly not sure what to make of it to tell her anything. Any thoughts?

received_615945892180824.jpeg

ouija ouija

Welcome to UM, Boosmama :st

What does your daughter think she has taken a photo of and why is she scared of it? Who else was with her when she took the photo?

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

papageorge1

I'm not seeing anything very interesting in the photo (maybe I'm missing something).

I wish your mother would have recorded the speaking in another language to see if it was a real language someone might recognize.

What was the one most convincing event that led you to believe she is gifted psychically? 

• Like 6

Kittens Are Jerks

It looks like it's part of the foliage, perhaps part of a tree trunk. Hard to tell as the photo is of extremely poor quality.

Pareidolia is likely the primary factor driving your daughter's reaction to the image.

In other words, her imagination.

• Like 8

Piney
52 minutes ago, Boosmama said:

Hey guys, new to the group, but, not new to the subject. My oldest daughter will be 14 in April. Since she was about 4 she has had the ability to see things and they interact with her. It was quite bad until she was about 5 or so when it seemed to calm down altogether. However, when she hit 12 it seemed to start back up again and is slowly getting worse. This photo was taken by her this evening while she was at her grandmothers house and it scared her a lot. Other members of our family know her abilities and try our hardest to help her, but, things are getting increasingly worse. The top button hit a couple of months ago when my daughter spent the night with my mother who is a total skeptic about anything supernatural (or she used to be). My daughter slept in with my mother while my other 2 children slept in their designated rooms at my mothers house. In the middle of the night my mother said she woke up because she could hear my daughter talking in her sleep, my mother spoke to my daughter and shook her slightly trying to wake her up. My mother said when my daughter turned around (she had been sleeping with her back to my mother) my mother said it was like my daughter didnt even know who my mother was and then all of a sudden she started talking in another language.  This episode scared my mother enough that now she is a true believer. The image in the photo is the newest thing to show up to only my daughter and I'm honestly not sure what to make of it to tell her anything. Any thoughts?

Is your daughter on the autistic spectrum? Talking in your sleep in gibberish is a symptom. As for anything supernatural it sounds like Thought Forms created by her subconscious. 

Nothing in the supernatural world can harm you unless you let it and you can banish it yourself. Thought Form or otherwise.

• Like 5

SecretSanta

I’m not really seeing anything in the photo, probably just a tree stump or something else in the area. Do you have a better quality photo of that area? 

I’d say your daughter wasn’t actually awake and that’s why she seemed not to know your mother. Is she certain it was another language or perhaps just gibberish? When my kids were little they’d wake up crying, mumbling, acting like they were awake, eyes wide open but it turns out they were having night terrors. 

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

spartan max2

My girlfriend talks in her sleep often, a lot of times it's literal gibberish, which can sound like another language lol

I wouldn't think anything of it unless you record her fluently speaking a language that exist that she would not be exposed to often. 

• Like 5

freetoroam
2 hours ago, Boosmama said:

This photo was taken by her this evening while she was at her grandmothers house and it scared her a lot

Why, it looks just like folliage. I have seen trees and branches look more like a person than that photo.

She seems to have your encouragement, i am not sure you have helped her, you may have steered her on the path of freeking herself out, as in the case of the photo, over absolutely nothing. 

my mother said it was like my daughter didnt even know who my mother was and then all of a sudden she started talking in another language.

This is certainly not anything paranormal. She did not know who she was because she was still partiallly asleep. I have woke up sometimes from a deep sleep not knowing where i am.

As for the "language" , that was part of her dream and likely not an actual real language, did your mother recognise it?

I would suggest you do some research about dreams as you seem to think the above is odd, its not and there is nothing paranormal about it.

This episode scared my mother enough that now she is a true believe

From a skeptic to a true believer after that? No way was she a skeptic to begin with.

A true skeptic would have researched about dreaming first. Skeptics look for the logical explanations, they do not change their views especially over a dream someone else had. 

Sorry from what you have said so far, i can not see where your daughter is a medium at all. No doubt you would like her to be, but alas, she is not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

freetoroam
2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Pareidolia is likely the primary factor driving your daughter's reaction to the image.

In other words, her imagination.

Absolutely pareidolia. 

@Boosmama

Pareidolia is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as interpreting marks on Mars as canals, seeing shapes in clouds, or hearing hidden messages in music.

Have a look at some of the pareidolia images on google, there are some great ones on there.

• Like 2

SecretSanta

Another thought I had is that your mother was the one still in a dream state and dreamt that your daughter was speaking another language. Weird stuff can happen, my daughter sees spiders. She knows now that it’s just a dream but the first few times she would yell for me to kill the spider. The other night I woke up and I thought I smelled someone cooking sausage. I actually went down to the kitchen to check, nada. Hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. 

• Like 4

docyabut2

It is hard out to find if it is paranormal, but not just from dreams :( 

MaxieRosalee

Does your daughter perhaps have night terrors or sleep paralysis? This sounds like it might be something similar to that. This is something I would go to a doctor to make sure everything is okay.

I wish you all the best of luck. I know it's scary to watch this happen to a family member.

• Like 1

freetoroam
12 minutes ago, MaxieRosalee said:

Does your daughter perhaps have night terrors or sleep paralysis? This sounds like it might be something similar to that. This is something I would go to a doctor to make sure everything is okay.

I wish you all the best of luck. I know it's scary to watch this happen to a family member.

Hopefully she will come back to answer.

I can not see what is scary, children have dreams and they have bad dreams. As it happens, her daughter did not even have a bad dream, she was just dreaming.

What is scary, or more like, a touch worrying, is the encouragement given by the parent that this is paranornal.

At 4 YEARS OLD! and the mother thinks she has a gifted child, when in fact many children have imaginary friends ( i did) . 

As they get older this wears off,  as clearly it had done in this case:

7 hours ago, Boosmama said:

about 4 she has had the ability to see things and they interact with her. It was quite bad until she was about 5 or so when it seemed to calm down altogether.

To then encourage the child into believing she has gifts is fuelling the parents own beliefs.

A simple research on the explanations given above should tell the parent exactly what is and has happened.....unless she chooses to ignore them and sticks with the unfounded "gifted" idea. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

MaxieRosalee
1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Hopefully she will come back to answer.

I can not see what is scary, children have dreams and they have bad dreams. As it happens, her daughter did not even have a bad dream, she was just dreaming.

What is scary, or more like, a touch worrying, is the encouragement given by the parent that this is paranornal.

At 4 YEARS OLD! and the mother thinks she has a gifted child, when in fact many children have imaginary friends ( i did) . 

As they get older this wears off,  as clearly it had done in this case:

I understand what you mean, and I didn't mean to come across as suggesting this was paranormal in nature. I should've made that more clear in my initial post.

I had night terrors as a child and pretty awful sleep paralysis that I still sometimes get from time to time. It can be frightening to watch as an outsider who has no idea what's going on. I know my parents were terrified of what was going on until they had a better understanding of it. That's why I suggested it. It sounded a bit familiar to my own personal experiences. I could be 100% wrong, though.

Whatever is going on, and I am of the confident opinion that it's nothing more than something with a very grounded explanation, it seems the family is scared. Especially considering that this is something concerning their young daughter. I'm sure any loving parent would be at least a little concerned, whatever the cause.

I hope that things calm down soon and there's no more need to fear.

• Like 3

freetoroam
57 minutes ago, MaxieRosalee said:

Whatever is going on, and I am of the confident opinion that it's nothing more than something with a very grounded explanation, it seems the family is scared.

I think the mother is more into it being paranormal, this leads to freaking themselves out. We have seen this before many a time. 

This kind of 'encouragement' and belief can also freak the daughter out, as we see in this case, she takes a photo of some foliage and it scared her "alot".  

Hopefully the mother will read about pareidolia and explain it to her, it can actually be good fun and should certainly not be making the daughter scared, it is the mindset the parent has implanted which has created this scared reaction, when it should be nothing of the sort.

• Like 4

openozy

I'm a believer in paranormal and sounds like your daughter may be sensitive to things.What you have written about does not sound like anything paranormal and calling her a medium is a little overkill.

• Like 1

BrewserX

There are no real psychics, zero, none.  I have yet to find a single instance of a psychic performing anything supernatural under controlled settings.  Think James Randi and his million dollar challenge, still unclaimed.  They dont help solve crimes, not once has a psychic provided information that solved a murder or missing persons case.  So that means people claiming to be psychics are either crooked lieing grief vampires or they are crazy.  So with that I'd say your kid probably has some mental health issues that need to be addressed.  You, as mom, are doing your kid harm by enabling her, reinforcing this psychic crap.  Instead of getting the appropriate help you are contributing to the problem.  It will go untreated and your kid will be a adult that thinks she's got psychic powers.  Call and set up a appointment with someone mom, your kid needs you.

BrewserX

But I'm open to being wrong.  If there are any "real" psychics that browse this sight  feel free to school me.  Post something that will change my mind.  Talk to one of my dead relatives and find something out about me.  That should be within the powers of a true psychic.  But it won't happen because they are frauds and should be locked up for preying on those grieving death.