Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Foot Washes Up On BC Beach

susieice

Another dismembered foot has washed up on a beach in British Columbia. This is the 15th one to be found since 2007. It was found in September 2018

https://globalnews.ca/news/4949907/dismembered-foot-bc-beach/?utm_source=GlobalEdmonton&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR04aKIO8SLh7RjYAWQX_CxvtikGHEICDqa4cvRxNygwt_hk2lkRtCkN5Vs

https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.com/news/15th-human-foot-to-wash-ashore-in-b-c-still-needs-identity/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

The games afoot.

/sorry, were getting kinda morbidly used to it.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

I know absolutely nothing about this. Nothing.

Please refrain from asking me about this, for I know nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Having read all the articles it does seem to make sense that some of these feet belonged to people killed in the Boxing day tsunami.  I am sure feet, in a way other body parts do not seem to, survive because of the type of shoe they are usually found in, which are buoyant and don’t degrade easily.  Macabre, but fascinating all the same.

• Like 2

It could be a warning from Nike to their Indonesian factory workers, demonstrating the consequences of not working hard enough.

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I remember a hypothesis going around that these were most likely the feet of drowning victims . Something to do with fish eating the victim but the foot stays relatively intact because of the shoes. Not sure if it was ever proven though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I remember a hypothesis going around that these were most likely the feet of drowning victims . Something to do with fish eating the victim but the foot stays relatively intact because of the shoes. Not sure if it was ever proven though.

Yup, on the Jersey Shore the fish and crabs usually leave the meat in the shoes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, on the Jersey Shore the fish and crabs usually leave the meat in the shoes. 

Are they washing up on the Jersey Shore too Piney? I haven't heard of that.

The articles say that a total of ten were matched to people who had been reported missing. If you look at the pictures, they show that some of the feet were matched to each other as coming from the same person. There are still five that aren't identified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Once in a while back in the Eighties and Nineties. I haven't heard anything recent.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Once in a while back in the Eighties and Nineties. I haven't heard anything recent.  

Not that I go in the water, but I wouldn't want to be walking on the beach and find a shoe. I won't be looking inside :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, susieice said:

The articles say that a total of ten were matched to people who had been reported missing. If you look at the pictures, they show that some of the feet were matched to each other as coming from the same person. There are still five that aren't identified.

Are they in shoes? Bare? Are they clean edged? Possible serial killer?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

. If you look at the pictures, they show that some of the feet were matched to each other as coming from the same person. There are still five that aren't identified.

Can't be fun to identify people by their feet. 

image.png.40627fb6853b2ee1cdc7f70344f6e6bf.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Not that I go in the water, but I wouldn't want to be walking on the beach and find a shoe. I won't be looking inside :(

You should have seen the instant short lived panic when thousands of new Nike runners started washing a shore on west Vancouver Island. A shipping container has fallen off a ship and busted open. One the initial fear of dismembered feet was assauged, a free for all took place. Free mix and match runners for everyone.:lol:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thems flip flop feet. A nasty side effect of gripping the thong with your toes to keep them on. Hammer toe is not fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think they used DNA 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, skliss said:

Are they in shoes? Bare? Are they clean edged? Possible serial killer?

Just know the feet are inside sneakers. Here's the map and the descriptions.

uhrfootmap2019_01-1-e1549924091494.jpg?q

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

Just know the feet are inside sneakers. Here's the map and the descriptions.

uhrfootmap2019_01-1-e1549924091494.jpg?q

Thanks! I now have about a zillion more questions...lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Thanks! I now have about a zillion more questions...lol

I know. Foot #9 was DNA matched to a male that disappeared in 1985. It's like, where's the rest of him? :lol:

DNA also matched Foot #10 to Foot #8 as being from an unidentified male. So some pairs have shown up. Foot #4 matched up with Foot #6. They were from a female who disappeared in 2004.

• Like 2

I had no idea this was still happening.  I remember when they found the first few the theory was a serial killer.  We do grow them abundantly up here you know.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know. Foot #9 was DNA matched to a male that disappeared in 1985. It's like, where's the rest of him? 

That's what I thought! Lol

And did the male who disappeared in 2004 have any connection to the female who disappeared in 2004? We're these all boating types? So many thoughts. 

• Like 1

Some of these pairs of feet were found pretty far from each other. The bodies almost had to be in the waterway separating the two. Foot #3 (misprinted as matching Foot #6) was matched to Foot #5. That was a male reported missing in 2006.

• Like 3

Whatever the case, this has been going on for decades, and they haven't figured it out ? I hope they aren't being paid too much in that police jurisdiction !

• Like 1