Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black leopard spotted in Africa after 100 yrs

Still Waters

They say that black cats bring bad luck, but when Nick Pilfold heard about one lurking around central Kenya, he knew he was onto something special.

The Kenya-based biologist and his team deployed a set of camera traps throughout the bushlands of Loisaba Conservancy in early 2018. It wasn't long before he got what he was looking for: undeniable proof of a super-rare melanistic leopard.

The juvenile female was spotted traveling with a larger, normally colored leopard, presumed to be her mother.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/02/rare-black-panther-spotted-in-africa-century/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

The rise of Wakanda ...

~

Had to put my reading glasses on to read that, got it wrong at first glance?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Had to put my reading glasses on to read that, got it wrong at first glance?

hmmmm .... M'Baku is a long way from home, you are right ...

~

• Haha 1

A long time ago... night was not your friend, but the SON(heyzeus) / SUN (day) time was! ... so--  just a thought/QUESTION . . .

hmmm.... if the cold ugly of the evil night is when the slaughter for predators time is .... why are not all the big meat eating animals jet black! eh?!?!?!!?  Then the deer, their prey, wouldn't have a chance as they see in the dark really well.  I know the dogs can fiind their ball no matter how dark out in the summertime, not sure on big cats but I imagine they see just fine too!

Edited by MWoo7

Nature will always surprise us. It's her way of reminding us we don't know as much as we think

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jenn8779 said:

Nature will always surprise us. It's her way of reminding us we don't know as much as we think

Actually we do know more than enough, lately even more with the latest high tech tools we rely on to knowing more of what little we did know back then, which was basically all that er needed to know. The problem is, after knowing the rules and laws of what Nature intended, human kind just won't accept Mother Nature's Laws of the order of how things are supposed to work.

~