Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

El Chapo sentenced to Life in Prison

spartan max2

El Chapo just got sentenced to life in prison, I hope he rots  B)

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/el-chapo-verdict/index.html

On another note I wish New York had the death penalty, this guys life is not sacred, cartel lords historically just end up running things in prison and having it pretty cush, because you can pay guards off, threaten, etc. 

What say you? are you fine with life in prison or would you of a preferred a death penalty? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What say you? are you fine with life in prison or would you of a preferred a death penalty? 

Death sentence for dealing drugs and firearm possession? No way in hell.

I know he is "guilty" of much more than that but that is all he was actually convicted for.  Its an entirely too slippery slope to do extra judicial killings even when we know the person deserves it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Death sentence for dealing drugs and firearm possession? No way in hell.

I know he is "guilty" of much more than that but that is all he was actually convicted for.  Its an entirely too slippery slope to do extra judicial killings even when we know the person deserves it.

He was found guilty of a lot more then that 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/el-chapo-joaquin-guzman-gulty-trial-789577/

"Guzmán, 61, was found guilty on all charges. The top count, which carries a life sentence, was running in a continuing criminal enterprise, a wide-ranging charge that includes conspiracy to traffick drugs and conspiracy to commit murder. "

I feel like that first one alone should mean that every murder carried out as part of that criminal enterprise is the same as if you committed the murder yourself. String him up B) lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Just now, spartan max2 said:

"Guzmán, 61, was found guilty on all charges. The top count, which carries a life sentence, was running in a continuing criminal enterprise, a wide-ranging charge that includes conspiracy to traffick drugs and conspiracy to commit murder. "

Thanks for the link!

Ill withdraw my previous statement. This is a tough case for me because im anti death penalty. Not for THIS guy but for the slightly mentally challenged guy with poor legal representation who is going to go in front of the judge after this guy.

All of that said it isnt right that this particular guy is gonna live off of the government dime for the rest of his life.

• Like 4

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Thanks for the link!

Ill withdraw my previous statement. This is a tough case for me because im anti death penalty. Not for THIS guy but for the slightly mentally challenged guy with poor legal representation who is going to go in front of the judge after this guy.

All of that said it isnt right that this particular guy is gonna live off of the government dime for the rest of his life.

Yeah that why I brought it up.

I'm against the death penalty in the majority of cases but it just rubs me the wrong way knowing that life in prison for him means that he will be fairly comfortable running his cartel and easily bribing guards for things. <_<.

A life sentence for him is not the same as a life sentence for a lone mentally ill person. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

He will have enormous power in Prison, and will most likely continue to run his drugs empire, using bribes, threats, and blackmail.

In this case, the death penalty would be appropriate.

• Like 5

He got off easy.  They should have executed him on the spot along with all his other hired killers.  

• Like 1

He may well turn states evidence for a chance at freedom like the others who testified against him. If so he may serve a period of time and then go into witness protection. It's a possibility given his intimate knowledge of the other cartels and their major players. We see this all the time, look at Gravano who admitted to murdering 19 people and put Gotti away for life. If he doesn't flip my guess is he will be sent to one of the super max prison's which are basically solitary confinement, which is no pinic no matter who you are. 

• Like 5

lol, as far as cartels go, they already replaced him,  drugs will continue to flow.  this feel good justice does nothing other then makes DA feel good. 

1 hour ago, aztek said:

lol, as far as cartels go, they already replaced him,  drugs will continue to flow.  this feel good justice does nothing other then makes DA feel good. 

Yep we know,

But I still like seeing people's crimes eventually catch up with them 

• Like 3

El Chapo is going to the Supermax prison.  No one has escaped there.  Let's see if he is up to the challenge. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/13/el-chapo-guzman-likely-supermax-prison-colorado-known-adx/2857116002/

This is where he is going, the "Alcatraz of the Rockies".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...