Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

$500k for a trip to Mars, says Mr Musk

8 posts in this topic

Eldorado

It's time to start chucking some cash into your Mars vacation fund. SpaceX's interplanetary Starship hasn't even left Earth yet, but Elon Musk is already speculating about the price of a ticket to Mars.

In a tweet on Sunday, Musk said he's confident that moving to Mars will one day cost less than $500,000 (£390,000, AU$710,00), though that price tag is "very dependent on volume."

Full report at Cnet: https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-expects-spacex-ticket-to-mars-will-cost-500000/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Wistman

Well, I hope that five hundred grand includes a snack, beverage, and complimentary hot towel. 

• Haha 3

Orphalesion

So 500k to live in a closed environment on a dead, cold and dangerous world, where you will never swim in the ocean or walk in unfiltered sunlight again.
Sounds like a bargain doesn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OverSword

Ummm...That's bull.  It cost's spacex $2,500 to put one pound into orbit.  $500k would only cover a 200 pound person to get into low orbit.  That's not including the additional cost's of equipment to keep that person alive.  The additonal costs of getting to Mars have got to be off the charts.  Elon is fishing for quick money methinks.

Edited by OverSword

sci-nerd

Sign me up! I'll need an installment arrangement though. 1000 bucks a year? You can freeze me down and take it from my pension.

• Haha 3

freetoroam

I think i mighy try that trip. I am just packing:

Small hand luggage - check

Mobile phone and charger - check

Crossword book - check

Nescafe coffee - check

Face cream, day and night. - check

Venus razor - check.

Will get the rest together closer to the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hammerclaw
2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

So 500k to live in a closed environment on a dead, cold and dangerous world, where you will never swim in the ocean or walk in unfiltered sunlight again.

Or a tour of duty in the Silent Service. A Submariner would have the ideal psyche profile.

tmcom
6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Lol, sure, but l agree with the enclosed environment.

:ph34r: