Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something going on here or just random?

AnaK26

Hi, I am new to this forum & needing some guidance.  I've always been aware of psychic phenomena & it was something I grew up with and not something that was ever taboo in my home growing up, but I never entertained that I actually had this ability.  Anyway, I'm a 40 + SAHM w/two school age children.

Anyway, I'm needing guidance as I'm unusually bothered by something that really shouldn't even be on my radar much less bothering me.

I live on the W. Coast, & grew up in the S.W. US.  Several years ago I happened on an article about a victim of a famous true crime case that occurred in the mid to late 70's. At the time of this incident I would've been a toddler living in W. TX.  Victim was a teen male that went missing in a well-known city w/a friend.  His mother searched for him for the next three years before they made an arrest and linked dental records to the remains she buried as belonging to her missing son.

Evidently she sensed the remains did not belong to her son as some facts didn't align w/what she knew of her son when the remains were discovered & she ended up having his remains exhumed and a DNA test proved they were not a match to her.  When I read the article, they showed a picture of the woman & a separate one of her son from when he went missing.  

The picture did bear some resemblance to my son and I've been haunted by it ever since.  It bothered me so much, I shut it out of my mind.  Unfortunately, it was an anniversary recently related to the crime and I happened upon this story again.  This time I read the details of how the mom talked about what happened the day her son went missing, the area, and the aftermath.  While I don't see spirits or hear voices, or anything, I feel a very strong energy of this boy's persona from his picture and that of his mother.  The thought of the case brings me to tears.  I feel for this mother and hope she gets some semblance of closure even though I don't think she will ever get her son back.

To boot, after I saw the article, a day or two later I found a picture of his grave showing his b-date & his 57th b-day would've been this past Friday, his b-date is also my favorite number.  Then it gets a little more weird.  I found out our family doctor was one of the first eyewitnesses to this case, as her HS friend (was the killer linked to this case)last victim, & she helped lead to his arrest.  

So what is going on here?  Am I a mom that just latched onto this bc the boy in the pic looked bc he looked like my boy?  Is it just coincidence?  I've had some other eerie occurrences.  BTW, there's a possibility I maybe moving to the area where this case happened, oh so long ago.  I'm visiting there, this weekend.  Thanks

Edited by AnaK26
misspelling
  • Like 1

Finding patterns is a basic human instinct. We seek meaning where we find chaos. It's just the way we are wired. It's called apophenia.

You are far from the only one. Apophenia has shaped our entire world and even made our religions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Finding patterns is a basic human instinct. We seek meaning where we find chaos. It's just the way we are wired. It's called apophenia.

You are far from the only one. Apophenia has shaped our entire world and even made our religions.

Fair enough.  As a mom, I'm relating and am experiencing empathy for another mom of a son, and I want an answer to a "chaotic incident."  Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AnaK26 said:

Fair enough.  As a mom, I'm relating and am experiencing empathy for another mom of a son, and I want an answer to a "chaotic incident."  Thanks for the explanation.

Ditto with sci-nerd. 

I hope you read the full article from the link as it provides many examples. It is actully very common and as sci-nerd pointed out... you are far from the only one as it is a basic human instinct.

Hope this has explained it all to you and you can rest assure that you are like millons of other humans. :tu:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Ditto with sci-nerd. 

I hope you read the full article from the link as it provides many examples. It is actully very common and as sci-nerd pointed out... you are far from the only one as it is a basic human instinct.

Hope this has explained it all to you and you can rest assure that you are like millons of other humans. :tu:

Of course...def, will do!   Thanks again!

• Like 1