Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

where is just one good picture of a real BF

the13bats

Just now, the13bats said:

Kinda sadly speaks volumes....

True. When I was younger I believed in all sorts of "unexplained" things. It made the world a bit more interesting. As I have gotten older though I have realized that the world has tons of things that are truly amazing regardless. I would love to find that the supernatural was real or that aliens where visiting but even without there is plenty to see and do. The key is realizing that our perception is far from perfect, our desires can profoundly affect our ability to be subjective and sometimes it can simply be fun to believe the unbelievable. 

I have always found it fascinating to think about why people believe what they do (not saying it is wrong or right, just interesting). For all I know I could be completely wrong about everything I believe, but critical thinking never hurt anyone:tu:

Perhaps one day, with all of those cameras out there, some sort of true "evidence" will come about that is worthy.

• Like 5

I certainly think bigfoot is a total non-starter as an extant species. It is almost a way to sort the general population from the lunatic fringe, people who think there is this thing roaming around, and those still clinging on to sanity, who know it is quite impossible. It would have been signed up as a Rugby League, or Rugby Union front-rower long ago.

Edited by Habitat
  • Haha 1

Toad i was very much like you, in my case internet was where 90% of my beliefs went in the trash, on another side working at a santeria botanica showed me how powerful beliefs can be for some people.

Another time i was involved in a hoax that was supposed to be a joke between a few friends it ended up deeply hurting ( emotionally) someone who didnt deserve that so that was another lesson for me, dont get me wrong i have zero sympathy for walking plies of fertilizer, like our buddy but i have no anger or ill will towards him.

On the back burner of my mind i miss childlike wonderment, i still enjoy a good mystery my OCD and ADD just go nuts sometimes when i cant solve a mystery, then i realised things like bigfoot really arent a mystery they are constructs of the human mind and reasons for belief can and do change person to person, but then i am relieved of solving a mystery.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I certainly think bigfoot is a total non-starter as an extant species. It is almost a way to sort the general population from the lunatic fringe, people who think there is this thing roaming around, and those still clinging on to sanity, who know it is quite impossible. It would have been signed up as a Rugby League, or Rugby Union front-rower long ago.

I don't believe in league either. 

I have a picture of a plankton which was found a few years back.

research sailboat completed a two-and-a-half year, 70,000-mile voyage looking at plankton. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/new-species-of-plankton-discovered/

35_16__Zoea_ATL_Daniel_Bailey_Plymouth_T

I just want to weigh up the comparisons. Planktons are rather small, but they have been found. 

Bigfoot in America really took off in 1958, bigfoot would if existed be far bigger than plankton (obviously). 

every year hundreds or thousands of people search for the legendary humanoid in remote woodland areas

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/33846-10-active-bigfoot-sites.html

The alleged sightings of a bigfoot cover quite some distance, but remember, the ocean is pretty big.

We can find plankton, but not bigfoot - enough said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yes, im a skeptic <snip>

Where is even one good picture???

Who is the judge of if a picture is 'good'? (as opposed to too blurry or fake)

If it's a so-called skeptic then we would be wasting our time, right?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If there is a clear photo of him then people will  searched him by photo, they will announce a reward for his capture and why is this necessary?  Naturally he will hide from people.Let him walk if he is still alive and if he died few people will believe that he once was. May God grant him to be reborn as a man and continue his life.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Who is the judge of if a picture is 'good'? (as opposed to too blurry or fake)

If it's a so-called skeptic then we would be wasting our time, right?

Last night i questioned if 98% of my time here is a waste, i believe wasting ones time is a subjective thing, as someone pointed out and i paraphrase if bigfoot really exists and a body was hauled in today i wouldnt be here talking about it.

Im a pseudo skeptic meaning im not a joe nickells or r radford type who denounce anything no matter what, i will not attack a believer unless they attack me first which happens a lot with the mere asking for any proof  ( scientific , testable)

So to answer your question who in this case judges the picture to be "good" to be pompous me, my thread and next the person who posts the picture, i would like to believe to them its a good pix,  i understand what the true beliver is up against here, i get why people post fun but worthless joke pics in a thread like this and those pictures are not "good" but its lighthearted.

A blurry "blobsquatch" or obvious fake pic isnt good to me but might be gold to the true belivers, without getting into magical esoteric reasons i would like to know why there arent any, not one good picture,  this question is a very reasonable one and i dont have a good answer besides the one believers do not like.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i would like to know why there arent any, not one good picture.

Well, I felt I posted a very good picture. That brought me to my point; so who’s deciding?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Last night i questioned if 98% of my time here is a waste

To be honest I would say 100% of your time here is a waste. 

• Haha 3

A still from the patterson film, you see an unknown creature, i see a bulky man in a poorly made suit, neither of us can prove the other wrong and i wont try....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

To be honest I would say 100% of your time here is a waste. 

What percent of yours is?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

A still from the patterson film, you see an unknown creature, i see a bulky man in a poorly made suit, neither of us can prove the other wrong and i wont try....

I personally am impressed by an overall consideration of that photo from much I heard.

So my point was that we have been asked to provide one photo that 13bats says is good. 

Whatever.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I personally am impressed by an overall consideration of that photo from much I heard.

So my point was that we have been asked to provide one photo that 13bats says is good. And that after he already told us there are no good ones.

Whatever.

Im very respectful of people who believe Patterson's film shows a real creature but when i look at my 40 plus years of interest and reaserch on it falls short and it fails in my mind, you dont have to be angry at me for having a different opinion than yours.

No need to troll, you are correct up to this point i do not know of any bf pix i call good, anyone who reads my posts knows i am open to see new eveidence its not my fault you have none,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

When i came back to this forum a few weeks back as crazy as it sounds i came to actually discuss the topics that be, no, im not a bf believer but i also find it at least odd there arent any, not one good picture, then i catch myself and think duh, how can there be a good picture of a fable,

I allowed myself to feed a troll in another thread which is why i made this thread,

So yeah its a dead end....

Its not over till the fat(or any BF) sings.

• Like 1

Let me say i know it hard being a true believer and frustrating when a person asks too many questions or for proof, but lets get past that.

Since we are back to the patterson creature at the risk of being told im beating a dead horse talking about it i am interested in hearing from those who believe its a real creature,

how about giving me your top few reasons you believe in the pgf,  sure, im betting ive heard it before but now i can ask questions, and to be fair if you think its not a real creature let me know your top reasons.

12 minutes ago, openozy said:

Its not over till the fat(or any BF) sings.

I would like to think that, i havent been back here long in fact i was hunting a different site that i guess went down but see the camps here, skeptics who are very quick to slam the door on a true believer (  im guilty of it, ) and the tb who is rightfully frustrated with the lack of proof and evidence and endless demands for it, im in both camps yet neither, i came here hoping to discuss the topics that be, i quickly learned that the majority are just off topic and or noisy negativists from both camps yet im hopeful,  when i weed past the wastes there are some good people with great minds here, i hope they share more.

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I would like to think that, i havent been back here long in fact i was hunting a different site that i guess went down but see the camps here, skeptics who are very quick to slam the door on a true believer (  im guilty of it, ) and the tb who is rightfully frustrated with the lack of proof and evidence and endless demands for it, im in both camps yet neither, i came here hoping to discuss the topics that be, i quickly learned that the majority are just off topic and or noisy negativists from both camps yet im hopeful,  when i weed past the wastes there are some good people with great minds here, i hope they share more.

I havent found any good pictures of him on the net i have seen two good pictures of something monkey or ape that is supposed to be of bigfoot but it's most likely a hoax. I know that they promised tourist to 100% spot bears in one municipality in Sweden the bear was infact a guy in a costume  :-D dont do this during the hunting season though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I walk a thin line while the bulk evidence doesnt support bf being a living creature to me i have a hard time saying 100% of track prints are fakes. 100% of stoiries are lies or misidentified known animals or hoaxed, 100% of pics are hoaxed or misidentified animals, but in the end i do accept the mostly likely answer.

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

Jodie i had no idea you and loki were romantically involved.

It's.... complicated. You know how difficult long distance relationships can be. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m watching Big Legend on Amazon Prime right now....fairly decent Bigfoot movie. The supporting character calls the main character CHIEF constantly....it’s pretty annoying. Not really scary but holds your attention. 

There is no bigfoot out there, but what  keeps the 'interest' going among the believers are those who put on their khaki pant and walking boots and go hunting for one.

As long as the hunters are around, there will be believers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

There is no bigfoot out there, but what  keeps the 'interest' going among the believers are those who put on their khaki pant and walking boots and go hunting for one.

As long as the hunters are around, there will be believers.

Back in the 70s bigfoot hunters looked like peter byrne, some cool eccentric adventurers,

But i almost spewed cola out my nose two night ago reading comments on some thread,

How come the majority of these Bigfoot researchers that appear on TV fall into two categories:

1.So out of shape that it would be a struggle making it from the recliner to the fridge for that second pint of French Onion potato chip dip let alone hiking miles into the wilderness?

2.Every time that you see them, you highly suspect that somewhere nearby there is a seedy hotel room full of broken Jack Daniels bottles and a dead hooker rolled up in the shower curtain and stuffed under the bed.

3.Make you feel confident that if they established a BFRO headquarters in the heart of New York City then suddenly Central Park would become the epicenter of Bigfoot activity in North American.

Not hatin', just sayin

I thought dammmmmn, ( in my best will smith voice )

• Like 2

Just to play devil's advocate even though I can't stand him and think he's a totally fraud I give you Todd Standing's "evidence" : 

surv-bigfoot.jpg

• Like 1