Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

where is just one good picture of a real BF

the13bats

If Patterson himself came back from the grave, and admitted he hoaxed it, most believers would say he was lying.

No one is ever going to change their minds, it doesn't matter that the lack of evidence point toward the creature being non-existent, it doesn't matter that no bones or fossils have ever been found, and it doesn't matter that every photo seems non conclusive, people are going to believe what they want and you can not change their minds. With the possible exception of the Moon landing hoax theory, every single fringe idea that I have read about since I started coming here is still going strong. Some may pause for a short time, but they always pop back up, and always with the same, tired arguments that many of us thought we had countered effectively. My own greatest 'unexplained mystery' is why people have this immense need to believe weird things, even in the face of  overwhelming evidence to the contrary, even when experts who have dedicated their entire lives to learning about a certain subject give this evidence, people prefer to believe some charlatan who is selling a book or video. It saddens me, it really does.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Gaden said:

If Patterson himself came back from the grave, and admitted he hoaxed it, most believers would say he was lying.

No one is ever going to change their minds, it doesn't matter that the lack of evidence point toward the creature being non-existent, it doesn't matter that no bones or fossils have ever been found, and it doesn't matter that every photo seems non conclusive, people are going to believe what they want and you can not change their minds. With the possible exception of the Moon landing hoax theory, every single fringe idea that I have read about since I started coming here is still going strong. Some may pause for a short time, but they always pop back up, and always with the same, tired arguments that many of us thought we had countered effectively. My own greatest 'unexplained mystery' is why people have this immense need to believe weird things, even in the face of  overwhelming evidence to the contrary, even when experts who have dedicated their entire lives to learning about a certain subject give this evidence, people prefer to believe some charlatan who is selling a book or video. It saddens me, it really does.

I think it is the same reason people do what some pop singer does. It's trendy to jump on that bandwagon no matter how ridiculous you end up looking.

Learning actually takes some effort. People fall for what I call cocktail statements. They make sense to those with 3 or more beers under their belt. The corollary is that you have to be high to believe it. People fall for things like hang time and being thrown clear of an accident. If it sounds mysterious then it might be true. If it challenges authority it might be plausible. 

I think a lot of this is all about sloth and laziness. It is easier to do what some pop singer suggests, accept the mysterious without question, and avoid looking into issues than taking the time to learn.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I get your point and where you are coming from but most true believes of any thing here are not actually drunk, and many arent stupid,  lazy? Perhaps, i admit i have placed too much time into reserching things i have interest in be it bigfoot, a ufo pic or stroking a 454 to 496 ci, etc.

Im sure a guy like meldrum would call out anyone on here that he isnt lazy and has far more time invested in his research than we have done, doesnt mean i agree with his findings and opinions.

I do find it hard to accept that for example some people many with PhDs do things like base their belief on bigfoot solely on the pgf, believing in bigfoot is fine, but have a wider view of all of the evidence we have out there be ready if you want me in your camp to prove it to me with more than chest thumping and telling me "because you say so" .

Either side can and some do have the misconception that enough belittling and disparagement tossed at the other side proves their opinion, well it doesnt, it just proves the person is an overbearing troll who cant be taken seriously.

I have said some people believe in the unexplained because it makes them feel more a part of something bigger and more important, you add in they belive because they are told to and are lazy ,

It really doesn't matter why they believe i will respect the the fact that they do.

• Thanks 1

My remarks concerning sloth and laziness are like all opinions not able to be applied to all situations. I was simply referring  to the vast majority of people. I certainly would not claim that there are no  outliers to my opinion.

Consider Meldrum. He definitely is not the norm. He is an outlier. He is doing what most believers should at least in part do which is more than lazily believing. People believe Todd Standing, Tom Biscardi, and Rick Dyer. That is a good example of sloth. Or maybe it is just wanting to be a part of a group, i.e. jumping on the bandwagon.

Watching some goofy BF hunters stomping around the woods going, "Didja heard that?"  "Looky bouts yonder" is the sort of laziness I was referring to.

OK, I've never seen any of the shows but this is what my mind conjures up from comments I have read. I suppose these shows are cheap to make and are knowingly directed at the bored, tired,or easily amused.

I wasnt poking at you but rather just a mind set and concept.

Many years back when so called reailty shows started i tried to watch a few, but i quickly realized they were just for entertainment if anything scienctific came out it was purely by chance, then the way they are staged and salted, i didnt stick around long, i believe they likely appeal to people who love wrestling and think its real.

Meldrum isnt a great example of doing something means it has merit or is correct, i value several members here opinions over his.

He stands firm on all kinds of wrong theories like the pgf is real and bigfoot is Gigantopithecus, he denounces any expert who has any opinion different to his, and he fell for the snow walker video and rather than admit mistake he claims he knew it was fake, he needs to go watch his own documentary where he said its real and in par with pgf for proof.

I fully agree with you on bigfoot hunter shows but in my mind they have the same chance of finding one meldrum has, there motivations seem to be attention and profit, the same impression i get is meldrums motavations,

Your remark about being lazy i thought was directed at belivers,  but it applies to both camps.

34 minutes ago, Razumov said:

Anyone know where this came from?

The Siberian Times Photoshop lab? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

The Siberian Times Photoshop lab? 

Yeah Photoshop users most likely added a Bigfoot button next their UFO button....:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Impedancer said:

I think this might be photo shopped :-)

Hey! That's the unicorn I'm missing! That mother ****er! :huh:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gaden said:

Pretty funny how that is a crisp and clear image...

Yeah that bigfoot must be out of Jack Links Jerky and could not hail a cab.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Holy cow I see muscle flexion in that image!

You're missing the bullet hole in the leg and the other bigfoot faces in the background. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

You're missing the bullet hole in the leg and the other bigfoot faces in the background. 

Damn. My powers of observation (pareidolea) require improvement.

Pretty sure costumes to mimic this look won't be available until 2040 or something like that. Patterson told me that in a seance last month

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

Do you realize no one has ever replicated this scene?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Yes, it was a joke response.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gaden said:

And where did that photo come from? Thats the important question.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

And where did that photo come from? Thats the important question.

My pasture when he was stealing my unicorn......<_<

So I'm guessing a "selfie". :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you would all stop being skeptics and do some research you'd be like me and and you would know. :whistle:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Yes, it was a joke response.

Most people know me well enough to know that mine was, too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...