Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

where is just one good picture of a real BF

the13bats

There are no clear pictures or real evidence because most, if not all, large cryptids simply do not exist. 

The reason, imho, people still believe is simple. It is human nature in a modern world to want to believe in more than the mundane boring world that people think they live in. It is fun to believe in the fantastic. It is exciting to think there are things that lay outside of the ordinary. For many to believe that there is no "magic" that mankind hasn't explained away is sad and depressing. 

It is unfortunate that they do not realize just how many "real" things that we are still discovering and how many amazing creatures and locations that are here and can be seen and studied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Now this is one of the few areas where I actually have an open mind on the "unexplained". It's possible such a hominid exists and perhaps could be the a relative (missing link?) or its just a load of BS which yet another person came up with an idea to make money on it. The only thing which leads me to believe bigfoot or what ever you want to call them doesn't exist is rather simple. There isn't any evidence. And the fact that there hasn't been a credible photo/video, or it hasn't been captured, despite there being 7.5 billion people on this planet (and growing), technology constantly evolving (drones/cameras etc), still no such evidence has been produced.

Unless, however, there is an actual verifiable photo/video somewhere on the internet, which simply hasn't been "dug out", which again is possible.

4 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Now this is one of the few areas where I actually have an open mind on the "unexplained". It's possible such a hominid exists and perhaps could be the a relative (missing link?) or its just a load of BS which yet another person came up with an idea to make money on it. The only thing which leads me to believe bigfoot or what ever you want to call them doesn't exist is rather simple. There isn't any evidence. And the fact that there hasn't been a credible photo/video, or it hasn't been captured, despite there being 7.5 billion people on this planet (and growing), technology constantly evolving (drones/cameras etc), still no such evidence has been produced.

Unless, however, there is an actual verifiable photo/video somewhere on the internet, which simply hasn't been "dug out", which again is possible.

Did you see the photo from round Merthyr way from last year or so. Chilling stuff.

Like the username. Are you from the north or south? 

• 3 months later...
On 04/04/2019 at 11:28 PM, oldrover said:

Did you see the photo from round Merthyr way from last year or so. Chilling stuff.

Like the username. Are you from the north or south? 

Sorry for the rather late reply but I haven't been on here for a while. No I haven't seen it unfortunately and I'm from bridgend. Plus thanks regarding the username. Its how I usually react when someone talks nowt but crap to me.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:26 PM, Night Walker said:

The day after Cryptomundo, Moneymaker’s original tweet was posted on a skeptical website. Two comments – 1 skeptical, 1 humorous – were followed the next day with the real story from a poster in the know: “It's a suit made by Chris Walas. He gave me several frames of it. I'll post them later when I am home.” The 2 clearest pics where then posted (pics 2 & 3 in this thread) with the closing comment, “It was not made as any manner of hoax attempt. It was made from scraps of other suits for a Bigfootery mockumentary he was working on last year. He's had some health issues that have been impeding him the last few years so he's taking things slow.” 

Chris Walas (born 1955) is an American special effects/make-up artist and film director.
___

In this instance, only one person saw the image for what it was but it’s not quite as simple as that…

Always skeptical, occasionally hostile, Bats originally opined that the pic was a hoax – a fake image inserted to scenery restating and explaining his position on several occasions while viewing that as a “common sense” conclusion. Later, when Bats suggested that I could have created the fabrication he described it as being a “good job.” A bit later still, Bats reversed his opinion describing the fabrication as “crappy” before declaring the image was a modified gorilla. 

The next day after a break, Bats applied a second critical eye to the pics and on this occasion hit upon the correct answer – even correctly observing the patched-up nature of the costume. His thoughts and explanations were dispassionate, concise and bang-on the head. Well done. 
___

If people (“believers” or otherwise) are claiming to see Bigfoot it is easy to declare that witnesses are notoriously unreliable, that evidence is “clearly” fabricated in a variety of ways, and these are self-evident if you just apply “common sense.” Yet this little experiment/game demonstrated that the same processes which can affect “their” (witnesses, believers) perceptions/cognitions also affects us (neutrals, skeptics, cynics) in exactly the same way. Essentially, we are all victims of our senses – perceiving and processing ambiguity largely as what we already believe/think/suspect/know it is… even when it isn’t.

Despite the apparent clarity of our senses, it is evident that in times of ambiguity we don’t really know what we perceive but are nevertheless confident that our own faulty evaluations are accurate. They’re not. Everyone who examined those pics and expressed their opinion perceived it incorrectly. EVERYONE. Every single person saw it as being something that it was not. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

The image was not a polyester gorilla, nor a real gorilla edited in, there was no tangible evidence of digital manipulation because it was not a digitally inserted image of any kind, nor was the entire image digitally created like from a video game. It was not a hoax I created, nor was it created as a hoax at all. They were pics of a man in a patched-together Bigfoot costume running in a forest for a professional purpose. 

What Bats eventually did differently – something which no one else did – was to take a break, question his own previous assumptions, and return to examine the image with a fresh perspective – that’s when he nailed it. Congratulations, Bats. 

Some things are more easily appreciated and understood if personally experienced rather than just simply discussed ad nauseam. This was not intended as a rigorous experiment but as more of an interesting informal snap-shot. I ask that we not be so quick to right-off what is supposedly obvious nor judge people poorly for seeing something we do not. Errors in perception/cognition happen to all people not just specific kinds of people. Skepticism is great but we also need to be skeptical of our own selves…
___

In the opening line of the OP of this thread Bats declared “Yes, im a skeptic but no i dont bash true believers unless of course they are trolls who attack me first.” 

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument. Source.

There has been someone trolling this thread – but it is not me…

since you basically turned this thread into your place to conduct your experiment i want to follow up a bit and imagine you are the go to guy to answer my questions since you seem to have absolutes on this one .:tu:

Are there any non "in production" pictures of this suit, like a trial fitting etc?

Did the film get made? are their any video clips or just these stills.

Bonus question, on a forum board talking about these pics walas suggests while filming they saw "something" please elaborate.

Bonus question duex, i have gathered from your posts you are a bigfoot doubter so why use a print as your avatar?

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

9pxr.gif

Oh hell, that looks like the last pic tina took of me after a long club night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay this is weird as hell, hey papaG maybe this is a tangent universe glitch type thing but i havent a bloody clue how or why i just now replied to a 2 yo comment.

When i replied i thought it was new., very odd.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I’m one of those people who feels the Patty footage “could” be legit, despite Patterson’s sketchy history.

People who say the suit looks fake, and that plenty of contemporary fx artists could have made it, do not know what they are talking about— and that includes the professional fx artists who feel the suit is fake. (I’d be happy to elaborate.)

But even I have to admit there’s no solid evidence despite seemingly half the population of the US is out there making Bigfoot TV shows and YouTube videos.

• Like 1