Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

What consequences for those that spread hate?

470 posts in this topic

susieice
Just now, and then said:

Okay, that CAN'T be good news for Jussie.  How ridiculous is it that he'd ID them as white?  I'm just glad that no one got caught up in the rhetoric and went out and took revenge for what happened to their idol.

That part doesn't look good for him. He absolutely identified his attackers as white Trump supporters who yelled about him being in MAGA country and insisted they hurled racial slurs at him. I think police were shocked when the surveillance video led them to two Nigerian brothers. They all knew each other. This could have been concocted or this chance meeting and attack at 2:30 AM didn't happen exactly as Smollett says it did. I've had some strange hunger attacks in my lifetime, but I don't think I'd be running around Chicago at 2:30 looking for a sandwich. Just my opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

MWoo7

Agree.

If any of you spent time down around or in Chic town, yes you know, good parts and bad parts but not a place to be at 2:30 in the A.M. just a second opinion.

No I don't reply jerky.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

skliss
11 hours ago, susieice said:

That part doesn't look good for him. He absolutely identified his attackers as white Trump supporters who yelled about him being in MAGA country and insisted they hurled racial slurs at him. I think police were shocked when the surveillance video led them to two Nigerian brothers. They all knew each other. This could have been concocted or this chance meeting and attack at 2:30 AM didn't happen exactly as Smollett says it did. I've had some strange hunger attacks in my lifetime, but I don't think I'd be running around Chicago at 2:30 looking for a sandwich. Just my opinion. 

Not only did they know him, they were extras on his show and apparently they worked out together. Definitely curious that he wouldn't recognize them. Yeah, I've never needed at tuna sub at 2:00 am, but that's just me.

• Like 3

Kittens Are Jerks

Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault. The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement. Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

• Like 2

Michelle

It's sick the extent people will go to, to vilify "the others". I hate my suspicions have been confirmed.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

susieice

I just saw this about the release of the brothers. It's being said Smollett paid for the rope which one of the brothers purchased. This is bad.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/

• Like 1

Farmer77

This thread really should be renamed Gaslighting 101

• Like 4

Myles

If this is proven to be true, Smollett need to do some time.   

Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month.

Smollett denies playing a role in his attack, according to a statement from his attorneys.
The men, who are brothers, were arrested Wednesday but released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence."
The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
The sources told CNN there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at a hardware store in Chicago.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

• Like 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

This thread really should be renamed Gaslighting 101

Why?

because And Then, Who we can agree wears his heart on his sleeve and is entirely unsubtle in his expression of his opinions has asked a valid question, but asked it in such a way that seems to reflect only on one side of the debate?

AK was on the right track, reframe the debate into it’s wider context. He was also wrong to ignore the event at the heart of the thread and instead launch into anti-Trump rant number 40,000,084. 

What should br the consequence of spreading hate? Gaol time. 

There, that was easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Farmer77
3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

because And Then, Who we can agree wears his heart on his sleeve and is entirely unsubtle in his expression of his opinions has asked a valid question, but asked it in such a way that seems to reflect only on one side of the debate?

No because when that same very valid question was asked regarding an American aggressively berating a woman wearing a Puerto RIco flag Tshirt Andthen railed against any sort of attempts at enforcing consequences for spreading hate as anti american civil war worthy stuff. In fact he has spread that sentiment throughout many different threads.

Now I do admit that maybe im reading it wrong and maybe andthen has evolved, I dont see evidence of that anywhere else though.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

F3SS

The answer is easy. It should be regarded as a hate crime itself. The intent is to stoke the flames of division and rally hatred towards a certain group of people. It is gaslighting and it is done because the hoaxer hates the group they target as a patsy. It's also a massive abuse of public resources that they should have to repay.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

F3SS

Let's throw fraud charges in there too since these things are always done for personal gain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

susieice

One of the "suspects" is Smollett's personal trainer. How did he not know who these people were and why didn't he turn over his phone when police asked. He thought they were going to call his contacts? They'll trace the activity anyway, so....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/probe-alleged-jussie-smollett-attack-shifts-whether-actor-staged-incident-n972516

• Like 3

Myles
11 hours ago, F3SS said:

The answer is easy. It should be regarded as a hate crime itself. The intent is to stoke the flames of division and rally hatred towards a certain group of people. It is gaslighting and it is done because the hoaxer hates the group they target as a patsy. It's also a massive abuse of public resources that they should have to repay.

Absolutely.    They should have to reimburse everyone for what they wasted on this.  

• Like 5

Sir Wearer of Hats
19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No because when that same very valid question was asked regarding an American aggressively berating a woman wearing a Puerto RIco flag Tshirt Andthen railed against any sort of attempts at enforcing consequences for spreading hate as anti american civil war worthy stuff. In fact he has spread that sentiment throughout many different threads.

Now I do admit that maybe im reading it wrong and maybe andthen has evolved, I dont see evidence of that anywhere else though.

People change their minds. 

Either AT did that or he’s a hipocrite. And I think I know AT well enough to say he’s a proud man and if he did change his mind on something he’s not going to make a song and dance of saying he was wrong in the first place.

• Like 1

Black Red Devil
32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Either AT did that or he’s a hipocrite. And I think I know AT well enough to say he’s a proud man and if he did change his mind on something he’s not going to make a song and dance of saying he was wrong in the first place.

Vade retro Satana! AT, remove yourself from Hats body. 

• Haha 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
22 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Vade retro Satana! AT, remove yourself from Hats body. 

Shan’t.

• Haha 1

and then
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, I wouldn't cry mea culpa unless I knew it was the right thing to do.  I've often admitted being wrong in my statements here on UM but this thread wasn't intended to be about MOI.  It was clearly defined and was a reasonable topic to discuss.  The fact that most here responded in kind says more about the motivations of those who made it personal than about the topic being ill-conceived.

"I'll say this up front, I have no idea what the truth is and won't judge him until proof is found that he's lying but the topic I'd like to discuss is - What do we do about people who stage such things and stir dissension and outright hatred against innocents who usually are said to be white, in the social media spaces?  " 

I don't know how to be more dispassionate or unbiased than that with an opening question.  In addition, it begins to look more like the guy actually tried to fabricate a story that would make him a hero to the hate-Trump/MAGA crowd.  The implication here is that he believed his story wouldn't be seriously questioned and that it would benefit himself and the "movement".  Even Al Sharpton is stepping away from him.  The fact that he now will not sit down with the police even with his attorney present, should speak volumes.  

• Like 5

susieice

Speaking is exactly what convinced me that Smollett isn't telling the truth about what happened. Voice recognition is a human trait. How many have been in another room and heard the TV and knew who was talking? How many songs have you heard and you may not have known the song, but you said, that's Michael Jackson, or whomever, singing? And you've never been in close proximity to those people but you know their voice. How many have heard someone walk into a bar and you knew who it was without turning around because you knew the voice if they said something? Smollett has been shown to have been in personal relationships with these two brothers. One is his personal trainer. Now, I've never had a personal trainer, but that would be a voice you'd know well. Kind of like how soldiers know the voice of their drill sergeant.  And since the brothers are Nigerian, there may or may not be an accent involved here. The more I heard how close these brothers were to him, the more I questioned the story. 

• Like 2

CrimsonKing

But,but,but this was Democrat Presidential candidates/frontrunners Kamala Harris and Cory Bookers vision of a "modern day lynching!"...

Put this up there with the Covington "RAGE!!! :angry:" and far left wingers around the world need to get a grip...

Screaming racism and then being made a fool of is not a good look...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CrimsonKing

I've read that he recieved a hateful letter and of course first things first spread the news to the media and no doubt all over social media,and then got upset because people weren't more upset,so he staged a hate crime against himself hahahahaha

Un ****ing believable lmao :rofl:

They've posted several clips of celebrities raging about his "attack"...my what idiots they look like lol

• Like 2

susieice
24 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've read that he recieved a hateful letter and of course first things first spread the news to the media and no doubt all over social media,and then got upset because people weren't more upset,so he staged a hate crime against himself hahahahaha

They've posted several clips of celebrities raging about his "attack"...my what idiots they look like lol

You can come up with example after example. This has nothing to do with the American people no matter how much they BS. This is all about political power play.

• Like 2

susieice
46 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Quoted you again because that letter is indeed what the brothers are saying was the motive behind faking the attack. It didn't get enough attention. Whoever sent the letter needs to be found, but this is all a false police report.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

• Like 1

CrimsonKing
5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Quoted you again because that letter is indeed what the brothers are saying was the motive behind faking the attack. It didn't get enough attention. Whoever sent the letter needs to be found, but this is all a false police report.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

I may have heard wrong,but think i heard Jussie and his pals even made the letter...

• Like 1