Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

What consequences for those that spread hate?

470 posts in this topic

susieice
Just now, CrimsonKing said:

I may have heard wrong,but think i heard Jussie and his pals even made the letter...

That's very possible. Police are looking at magazines found in the brothers house along with stamps and handwriting examples. They may have made up the whole thing from the beginning. When Smollett didn't get attention from the letter, he took it to the next level. Why was he out for attention like this? Police are saying all this is only part of the motive. Who knows what they'll find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tatetopa
1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

But,but,but this was Democrat Presidential candidates/frontrunners Kamala Harris and Cory Bookers vision of a "modern day lynching!"...

Put this up there with the Covington "RAGE!!! :angry:" and far left wingers around the world need to get a grip...

Screaming racism and then being made a fool of is not a good look...

And if it was true, they might have been justified.

Once we all find out that it is a fake, then the measure of people is how they respond to that truth.  It appears that the MSM did cover this reversal of what happened and are trying to report accurately.  People can be lied to and deceived, if they can't admit they were fooled,  then they have a problem.

• Like 3

CrimsonKing
4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Once we all find out that it is a fake, then the measure of people is how they respond to that truth.  It appears that the MSM did cover this reversal of what happened and are trying to report accurately.  People can be lied to and deceived, if they can't admit they were fooled,  then they have a problem.

In this day and age,it would be best to sit back a few days and find out the truth before stoking outrage which could lead to much worse!

If it had been true,sure rage on and demand justice!...

• Like 5

and then
11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Actually, I think our outlook has changed to the point where it seems more natural for many to simply jump in with vocal support of whatever claim supports their belief system.  A couple of politicians Booker and Harris, still have not acknowledged they might have been wrong with their own supportive tweets about Smollet.  Had someone been wrongly beaten or even killed as a result of outrage behind this story, what should the consequences be to the one who initiated the hoax?  

• Like 4

susieice

It does all boil down to peoples' political beliefs and the battle for power taking place between Republicans and Democrats. No one is going to win this. Any Democrat elected is going to face the same viciousness and more exposure. It's to where media has to jump ship in this case as egg is getting all over their faces. It will happen again.This is an anything goes power play that celebrities are getting involved in, not anything to do with what's in the best interest of the American people. Just toss out BS and see what sticks. That was an old saying when I was in college. When you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS. This is going to go on for a very long time so don't take anything at face value. I agree and then. Some may never acknowledge there was wrong committed here.

There may be charges for filing a false police report brought against the people involved. We have to wait and see what else is found and what the reaction will be. It's a good thing no one got hurt over this. Smollett may have hurt himself though.

Tatetopa
24 minutes ago, and then said:

A couple of politicians Booker and Harris, still have not acknowledged they might have been wrong with their own supportive tweets about Smollet.

Just a couple more people, along with Elizabeth Warren I could not support.  Piney has some interesting commentary on Booker that took him off my list before this episode.

• Like 1

F3SS
55 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sure they can be lied to but they should reserve the knee jerk reactions in light of such a curious claim. Given that they didn't know for sure, yet probably had more than a hunch that the story was fishy, they still rammed the narrative through their tweets and late night shows gaslighting the masses without a second thought.

All that also applies to:

Buzzfeed, Covington, Smollet, Kavenaugh, Michael Brown (Ferguson burned, cop's life ruined), Freddy Gray (as police were ordered to give them space to riot, Baltimore burned), Trayvon and George, fake campus racism and a slew of self inflicted fake racist incidents pinned on the white right, hijabs being ripped off of women on the NY subway but not actually, the Baptist church burned to the ground by racists when in fact it was a member of the church and a damn good chance we should include the Russia investigation. Care to add more? There's a problem here and I hope the Covington kid's lawsuit starts an era of accountability.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

F3SS

#Ibelievehim 

IMG_18022019_222424_(520_x_581_pixel).jpg.6e18b33c831f74bc1fc050a22332c2e6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

CrimsonKing
Just now, F3SS said:

#Ibelievehim 

IMG_18022019_222424_(520_x_581_pixel).jpg.6e18b33c831f74bc1fc050a22332c2e6.jpg

Stop it you "dusty ass cracker" :lol:

• Haha 2

susieice

Ok and then. Going off topic for just a moment.

@F3SS  I opened your links and I just have to say...your little girls are absolutely beautiful! They've gotten so big since the last picture I've seen. God love them!

Ok...back to the thread now :P

• Thanks 1

F3SS
8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Ok and then. Going off topic for just a moment.

@F3SS  I opened your links and I just have to say...your little girls are absolutely beautiful! They've gotten so big since the last picture I've seen. God love them!

Ok...back to the thread now :P

Ha thanks! I forgot I had those links. Can't see them on my phone browser. My wife has taken control of the twins page. They're almost 3 already and the light of my life. Thanks again :)

• Like 1

susieice
2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ha thanks! I forgot I had those links. Can't see them on my phone browser. My wife has taken control of the twins page. They're almost 3 already and the light of my life. Thanks again :)

They were a very welcomed ray of sunshine from the thread. Thank you.

• Like 1

OverSword

I'm glad there aren't official consequences for those that spread hate.  I was in a metal band for years.  When would the statute of limitations run out?

But in actual response to the story, seems the whole thing was staged.  Not even close to the first time that a snowflake had to invent animosity for lack of finding any in reality. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dark_Grey
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I'm glad there aren't official consequences for those that spread hate.  I was in a metal band for years.  When would the statute of limitations run out?

It doesn't. Someone is already looking through 20 year old photos of you trying to find something they can use for character assassination. See: every celebrity that went against the grain last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

susieice

I heard on ABC News that the FBI and the Postal Service are now investigating if the letter sent to Smollett through the Empire show was sent by himself.. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/jussie-smollett-case-fbi-investigating-threatening-letter/

There are reports from a witness that the brothers and Smollett were seen together the night of the attack but video did not confirm this. Also questions the letter.

https://abc30.com/brothers-claim-jussie-smollett-staged-attack-after-threatening-letter-source-says/5144861/

There are also rumors that Smollett's role in Empire will be reduced now. Who didn't see that coming...

https://guardian.ng/life/empire-reportedly-reduces-jussie-smolletts-role/

• Like 4

susieice

I just had to laugh at this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CrimsonKing

His role on Empire should be far more than reduced,his ENTIRE career should be ruined!

Remember the guy who played Kramer on Seinfeld...Yeah that would be justice for Jussie ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

susieice
3 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

His role on Empire should be far more than reduced,his ENTIRE career should be ruined!

Remember the guy who played Kramer on Seinfeld...Yeah that would be justice for Jussie ;)

He'll be gone as soon as that show can do that without threat of a lawsuit.

• Like 1

Hawken
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, Aquila King said:

I'm guessing this?

Violence for political reasons. Seems to be right up your alley @and then.

It was wrong for that Trump supporter to attack that camera man. But I see in the video it was another Trump supporter that stopped him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

acidhead

Sneak peak at the Oscar's 

IMG_20190219_221337.jpg

• Haha 6

skliss
On 2/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, susieice said:

That's very possible. Police are looking at magazines found in the brothers house along with stamps and handwriting examples. They may have made up the whole thing from the beginning. When Smollett didn't get attention from the letter, he took it to the next level. Why was he out for attention like this? Police are saying all this is only part of the motive. Who knows what they'll find.

I read somewhere that Smollett was saying he was hurt to think his friends could have done something like that to him. I'm wondering if he's thinking the best thing to do is throw them under the bus.

• Like 2

Dark_Grey

Pretending to be a victim has become the new #METOO movement. Is there anything more pathetic than faking an attack on yourself just to get sympathy? 

Spoiler

Continuing to publish stories about a fake attack might be worse.

Great job on hurting the cause, Jussie. Just like the fake rape victims that have come before you, you are taking away from legitimate hate crimes to score some temporary sympathy points for yourself. You deserve all the vitriol that's coming - there will be plenty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ellapennella
On 2/13/2019 at 3:43 AM, RoofGardener said:

Trump supporter, or left-wing agent provocateur ? It seems a strange thing to attack the cameras that are beaming Trump to the world ? Or are we to believe the 'narrative' that states that President Trump's criticism of the media has deranged his followers into wide-eyed anti-media maniacs ? 

You got it. 

• Like 2

Ellapennella
8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Pretending to be a victim has become the new #METOO movement. Is there anything more pathetic than faking an attack on yourself just to get sympathy? 

Hide contents

Continuing to publish stories about a fake attack might be worse.

Great job on hurting the cause, Jussie. Just like the fake rape victims that have come before you, you are taking away from legitimate hate crimes to score some temporary sympathy points for yourself. You deserve all the vitriol that's coming - there will be plenty.

I see you mentioned the metoo movement.

The Unconditional Surrender statue was vandalized just days after the soldier who the statue represented died on Sunday.

• Sad 2

Ellapennella
11 hours ago, acidhead said:

Sneak peak at the Oscar's 

IMG_20190219_221337.jpg

She reminds me of McCabe. It's not the glasses. I think it was the attempt at acting innocent. 

• Like 1