Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

What consequences for those that spread hate?

470 posts in this topic

susieice

Seems this isn't the first time Smollett lied to police. Heard this on the news but this is the only link I found so far.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-once-lied-to-cops-during-dui-arrest/

Had to edit. Found a whole bunch more.

https://pix11.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-lied-to-law-enforcement-during-dui-stop-in-2007/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Princess Serenity

His career is gone now thanks to this stunt! What a stupid loser!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kittens Are Jerks

The Chicago Police Department announced Wednesday evening that Jussie Smollett, the actor at the center of a highly scrutinized case involving his alleged assault last month, is now considered a suspect in the criminal investigation for filing a false police report. Detectives also presented evidence on Wednesday to a Cook County grand jury, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. The announcement arrives days after police said they wanted to speak again to the “Empire” star, citing new evidence that had “shifted the trajectory of the investigation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/02/20/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-is-suspected-filing-false-police-report/?utm_term=.da510b7e1663

• Like 2

Hawken
5 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I see you mentioned the metoo movement.

The Unconditional Surrender statue was vandalized just days after the soldier who the statue represented died on Sunday.

willy2.jpg

• Like 2

Ellapennella
28 minutes ago, Hawken said:

willy2.jpg

democrats-are-like-christmas-lights-they-all-hang-together-half-28918037.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Farmer77

You can tell a major indictment is about to come down the pike when Ella shows up spamming propaganda.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Haha 4

Kittens Are Jerks
11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

democrats-are-like-christmas-lights-they-all-hang-together-half-28918037.png

Shame when reality doesn't oblige and the only way you can feel superior is through ridiculous memes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

CrimsonKing
Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Shame when reality doesn't oblige and the only way you can feel superior is through ridiculous memes.

That s*** was funny and you know it :P :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kittens Are Jerks
8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

That s*** was funny and you know it :P :lol:

Oh I laughed all right, but not for the same reason you did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ellapennella
26 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

At least I'm honest.

eta

unlike the Jussie Smollet story

and other fake stories...

Edited by Ellapennella

susieice

Smollett is now a suspect for filing a false police report. He could face 1-3 years if convicted. The FBI and Postal Authorities are still looking at the letter sent to the Empire show. If any charges were to be filed there, they would be federal and separate.

http://www.fox29.com/news/officials-jussie-smollett-now-a-suspect-for-filing-a-false-police-report?fbclid=IwAR1DyQTwgiClYxfR94UX8VcZQz7hM-KXniRozia82XlB2LYtKv7JRWPeK60

• Thanks 4

Kittens Are Jerks

(CNN) Breaking news update:

A charge of disorderly conduct has been approved against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, according to an email from the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

Filing a false police report is disorderly conduct, according to Illinois code.

Disorderly conduct is a class 4 felony, the State's Attorney Office says.

A bail hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CT Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

• Like 3

and then
15 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

(CNN) Breaking news update:

A charge of disorderly conduct has been approved against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, according to an email from the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

Filing a false police report is disorderly conduct, according to Illinois code.

Disorderly conduct is a class 4 felony, the State's Attorney Office says.

A bail hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CT Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

The fact that they seem to want to kick this to a Grand Jury as quick as possible tells me the cops/DA don't want to get caught up in the media firefight that might occur over this case.  I hope I'm wrong.  The guy seems to have behaved stupidly and he just needs to admit it, say he's sorry and accept the consequences.  He probably wouldn't even lose his job if he did so.  I think he needs to do at least a minimum amount of jail time and then extensive community service explaining why spreading hate is so dangerous.

• Like 5

CrimsonKing

I already covered Kramer,but does anyone remember that old radio jockey Don Imus?...

I remember him refering to some female basketball players as "nappy headed ho's" and he was smeared for a LONG time all over the place!...

Man that guy took mortal hell for that...

• Like 3

acidhead

Since Jussi is going to prison is Virginia governor Northam going to audition to replace him on Empire?

Edited by acidhead

Dumbledore the Awesome
On 13/02/2019 at 4:05 AM, Aquila King said:

I'm guessing this?

Violence for political reasons. Seems to be right up your alley @and then.

Trying to turn it right round through 180 degrees and (try to) make into a thread about how horrid and hateful supporters of Hitl Trump are? :sleepy: 

Farmer77
6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Trying to turn it right round through 180 degrees and (try to) make into a thread about how horrid and hateful supporters of Hitl Trump are? :sleepy: 

Nah he's just pointing out the irony of the thread's progenitor starting using that particular title . That was my first thought as well. I think gaslighting was the term I used. 

• Thanks 1

Dumbledore the Awesome

On 13/02/2019 at 7:07 AM, Aquila King said:

Stop with the false equivalency BS. Trump is the biggest hate monger of them all, yet you guys think one dumb ass faking a story somehow means 'both sides' have the same degree of lies and hate being spewed? Give me a break.

When viewed in proper context, this is nothing compared to the nonstop lies and hatred that has been thrown out by Trump and his goonies for the past few years. 

" It doesn't matter what the subject of a thread is about, what about the nonstop barrage of hate!"  

Dumbledore the Awesome
On 13/02/2019 at 8:21 PM, Aquila King said:

I don't have the energy to be outraged over your BS, and I'm not really disappointed in you cause that'd mean I already think somewhat highly of you to begin with. Just sick of all the disingenuousness...

this is absolutely hilarious! I'm sorry I found this thread a week or so late. The way you get wound up and start spinning around like an over-excited Buzz Lightyear toy yelling and spluttering at anyone who even mildly disagrees with you is the best entertainment since, well, since the Great Orange Leader came to "power".

• Haha 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
On 14/02/2019 at 2:08 AM, Agent0range said:

The Mueller investigation is the most corrupt investigation ever (that is a near quote)

so what's a lie about that? 

RoofGardener
5 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

so what's a lie about that? 

That's a bit harsh isn't it ? How do you regard the Meuller inquiry as a "corrupt investigation" ? 

Dumbledore the Awesome
30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That's a bit harsh isn't it ? How do you regard the Meuller inquiry as a "corrupt investigation" ? 

depends what you mean by corrupt. Perhaps based on virtually zero evidence purely for political purposes would be a better description. A fake investigation, on a fake premise. 

• Like 2

Myles
12 hours ago, and then said:

The fact that they seem to want to kick this to a Grand Jury as quick as possible tells me the cops/DA don't want to get caught up in the media firefight that might occur over this case.  I hope I'm wrong.  The guy seems to have behaved stupidly and he just needs to admit it, say he's sorry and accept the consequences.  He probably wouldn't even lose his job if he did so.  I think he needs to do at least a minimum amount of jail time and then extensive community service explaining why spreading hate is so dangerous.

He should have to pay a fine equal to the resources he wasted.    His crime should be classified as a hate crime as well.  He is clearly racist.

He's been arrested.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/entertainment/jussie-smollett-thursday/index.html

Edited by Myles
  • Like 5

aztek

52646459_2019240381506106_24481564155592

susieice

Heard on the news that Smollett is due in court at 1:30 for a bond hearing. Seems he did all this because he was unhappy with his salary on the Empire show.

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/jussie-smollett-charged-false-police-report-1203144571/