Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

What consequences for those that spread hate?

471 posts in this topic

CrimsonKing
7 hours ago, Piney said:

There are "filing a false report" laws but in this case there should be more. If I busted him I would of thrown him in GP with a bunch of Toms River Skinheads. 

*You want "hate"? You got it knucklehead.*

That hypocritical welfare profiteer that quotes King yet doesn't follow what he taught needs to be in a prison...

See...Me and you could fix this country my friend! :tu:

"Piney/CK 2020!!! :clap: :tsu: :clap:"... 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aquila King
10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So because someone else lies a lot, you’re okay with other people lying in order to do something to the original liar?

LIES LIES LIES LIES BEGETTING MORE LIES. the stomach turns at the thought. 

YOU DON’T DEFEAT EVIL WITH EVIL’S TOOLS! 

Your faux outrage is almost funny.

What I was clearly saying was that for an administration and it's followers that lies and spreads false accusations every day multiple times on a regular basis, to suddenly spin this around by pointing out a rare case of the very same act being committed by the opposition is the very height of hypocrisy.

No one is defending lies and false accusations. I was merely pointing out the insanely partisan hypocrisy of this thread. That's all.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Liquid Gardens
10 hours ago, and then said:

So, if Smollet is proven to have fabricated this story for reasons of his own, you're okay with that?

No.  If he reported it to the police, which I think he did, then if the police can prove it was false they can charge him with filing a false report.  If no one can prove this happened then sure be skeptical (Dodo Matt Walsh's point is dumb; the salient point about Chicago is not that it's liberal, it's that it's (relatively) violent). 

If no one can prove he lied, then I don't know what you want done.  I'm assuming it's not, 'don't say things on social media that you can't back up and prove', because then Trump (and to some extent many politicians, but mainly our Idiot in Chief) would have even more work that he won't do.

• Like 3

RoofGardener
31 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

What I was clearly saying was that for an administration and it's followers that lies and spreads false accusations every day multiple times on a regular basis, to suddenly spin this around by pointing out a rare case of the very same act being committed by the opposition is the very height of hypocrisy.

No one is defending lies and false accusations. I was merely pointing out the insanely partisan hypocrisy of this thread. That's all.

False accusations ? 

On a daily basis ? 

Could you give me some examples of the Trump administration making false accusations ? 

Meanwhile, if Jussie Smollet DID invent this whole attack story - and there ARE some disquieting aspects of his behavior and testimony with the police - then it was a political act. He deliberately tried to stir up hatred against Donald Trump, and Donald Trump supporters. He should be charged with a Hate Crime !!

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Aquila King
1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

False accusations ? 

On a daily basis ? 

Could you give me some examples of the Trump administration making false accusations ? 

I said "Alexa, list Trump's lies."

She wouldn't shut the **** up for three days.

• Haha 6

Sir Wearer of Hats
33 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

FAUX?

OHH no dear boy. I am genuinely outraged and disappointed. You should be better than this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aquila King
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

FAUX?

OHH no dear boy. I am genuinely outraged and disappointed. You should be better than this.

I don't have the energy to be outraged over your BS, and I'm not really disappointed in you cause that'd mean I already think somewhat highly of you to begin with. Just sick of all the disingenuousness...

Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Aquila King said:

I don't have the energy to be outraged over your BS, and I'm not really disappointed in you cause that'd mean I already think somewhat highly of you to begin with. Just sick of all the disingenuousness...

Bull ****?

BULL ****?

That I hold people who claim to be fighting evil to a higher standard than the evil they’re fighting? You don’t add more lies to defeat a liar, you throw every one of their lies into the light and prove them to be lies.

Trump lies, well no **** Sherlock. 

Someone else lies and breaks the law in order to slander Trump and all you can say is “meh, Trump is worse”. That is not the act of someone who is campaigning for a positive outcome, that is the act of someone so consumed by hate that they cannot see they are literally becoming what they are fighting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Michelle
6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

FAUX?

Congratulations! Because you don't hate the man with a passion, don't agree with people who have TDS, you have been forever designated a Trumpian:lol:

• Haha 4

Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Michelle said:

Congratulations! Because you don't hate the man with a passion, don't agree with people who have TDS, you have been forever designated a Trumpian:lol:

The lefties call me a rightie, those on the right call me a leftist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dark_Grey
1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The lefties call me a rightie, those on the right call me a leftist.

When you don't fit in with either extreme, it usually means you're a reasonable centrist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Dark_Grey said:

When you don't fit in with either extreme, it usually means you're a reasonable centrist.

You’re calling me reasonable? How rude :P everyone else is allowed to be a hardcore something or other. 

• Haha 5

and then
7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

False accusations ? 

On a daily basis ? 

Meanwhile, if Jussie Smollet DID invent this whole attack story - and there ARE some disquieting aspects of his behavior and testimony with the police - then it was a political act. He deliberately tried to stir up hatred against Donald Trump, and Donald Trump supporters. He should be charged with a Hate Crime !!

This was my point.  IF it's proven that he lied and fabricated this story then there should be specific consequences beyond merely filing a false report.   I don't have a problem with this man, in fact before this news broke, I'd never heard of him or the production he works in.  If it had been a redneck from my own area I'd feel the same way.  With our ability to connect with thousands or even tens of thousands of other people in ways we never could before, there has to be some kind of restraint to keep rumor from getting people lynched.

I noticed this story:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-high-school-students-cleared-of-any-wrongdoing-in-viral-incident-after-independent-investigation 

Apparently, the Archdiocese has investigated the Covington High students and found that they did not instigate the altercation with Mr. Phillips, the Native American activist.  The boys also have retained legal counsel and we may be seeing the evolution of such laws and penalties for otherwise anonymous people who spread hate and cause threats of violence and harassment of individuals who have done nothing wrong except to be accused on social media.  

From the article:  “Many statement(s) were published that urged the idea of subjecting Nick to acts of physical violence,” he said. “Although the courts’ opportunities to identify appropriate causes of action for harm caused by unlawful speech on the Internet have been somewhat limited in number to date, I believe that there are number of viable causes of actions available to this young man who is and remains a private figure plaintiff.”  

Beware the wrath of a creative solicitor...

• Like 2

travelnjones

I am not into blindly hating a group.  Hating an individual for personal reason just is a better more satisfying form of hate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Aquila King
2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Bull ****?

BULL ****?

That I hold people who claim to be fighting evil to a higher standard than the evil they’re fighting? You don’t add more lies to defeat a liar, you throw every one of their lies into the light and prove them to be lies.

Trump lies, well no **** Sherlock. 

Someone else lies and breaks the law in order to slander Trump and all you can say is “meh, Trump is worse”. That is not the act of someone who is campaigning for a positive outcome, that is the act of someone so consumed by hate that they cannot see they are literally becoming what they are fighting.

The entire point of this thread is about the consequences of those who spread hate, while citing a rare exception of a hate spreader on the left side with the clear intention of inaccurately smearing the left and those who oppose Trump as being hate-mongers whilst completely ignoring the insane non-stop amount of hate-mongering rhetoric coming from Trump and his supporters.

This isn't about holding those on both sides accountable, I've done that here on a regular basis. This is about inaccurately accusing one side of the very ****ing thing the other side is most guilty of.

This was never a good faith effort of holding both sides to the same standard, so stop pretending it was.

Aquila King
11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Still pretending to not be a Trumpian through-and-through I see... :rolleyes:

Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

The entire point of this thread is about the consequences of those who spread hate, while citing a rare exception of a hate spreader on the left side with the clear intention of inaccurately smearing the left and those who oppose Trump as being hate-mongers whilst completely ignoring the insane non-stop amount of hate-mongering rhetoric coming from Trump and his supporters.

This isn't about holding those on both sides accountable, I've done that here on a regular basis. This is about inaccurately accusing one side of the very ****ing thing the other side is most guilty of.

This was never a good faith effort of holding both sides to the same standard, so stop pretending it was.

And so your response to the question “what should we do about people spreading hate” is apparently “ignore it if it’s not from Trump”. 

• Like 6

Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Aquila King said:

Still pretending to not be a Trumpian through-and-through I see... :rolleyes:

Did you not get the memo, because we’re always jumping to conclusions and jump around from one position to another we’re to be called Trumpolines now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Aquila King
2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

To draw a proper analogy...

It's like citing a rare example of someone attacking a Neo-Nazi as how violent and hateful these anti-Nazi people are, all while ignoring the innumerable levels of violence and hate from Neo-Nazis themselves.

Or if the term Nazi offends you, insert the Black Panthers or something.

This thread was never a good faith efort to call out hate. It was only a partisan stunt meant to smear and project while ignoring your own hateful rhetoric.

• Confused 1

Aquila King
4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And so your response to the question “what should we do about people spreading hate” is apparently “ignore it if it’s not from Trump”. 

This thread was clearly never about "what we should do about people who spread hate", thats my point.

and then
14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

If you can try to back off the level of furious indignation for a moment, maybe we could all learn something from this story.  I didn't post it to accuse EITHER "side" of being the original sinner or being "worse than".  I genuinely wanted to discuss the trend we have today of being so ready to attack those who don't believe as we do that we've stopped even caring if those attacks are justified or whether they may actually cause serious harm.  I'll cop to it also.  Guilty as charged at times.  

For the last two years, I've listened to reports from the WaPo, NYT, CNN, you know the list, and quite often those reports have turned out to be less than fully true.  In fact, they have tended to deal more in innuendo than fact.  THAT is MY perspective and it made me angry that so many on the Left simply dismissed those concerns.  Then I began wondering if those attacking Trump actually believed all the things that had been reported without evidence to back it.  Today I'm convinced that they do.  Just as I have a right to come to my own conclusions, so do those on the Left.  Here's the salient point though.  Even an Alabamian educated in poor public schools learned the value, the absolute necessity of "innocent until proven guilty".  The idea that evidence had to be given to prove accusations that attack a person's character just went without saying.  With the results of the 2016 election, ALL of that seems to have been kicked to the curb.  

You have every right to hate whoever you choose but is it worth literally destroying the fabric of our country just to get Trump removed and to confound his supporters?  Where did all the hate come from?  The attorney for the Covington students used an apt term that I think describes social media perfectly today - CYBERMOB.  I don't think any of us truly appreciate just how ugly a mob can be until we see it at OUR door.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Michelle

For those who dismissed Fox out of hand on the Covington story...

Probe finds no proof of ‘racist or offensive statements’ by Covington Catholic students in viral incident

An investigation into the viral encounter between students from Covington Catholic High School and a Native American man found the students' accounts to be largely accurate, according to findings released Wednesday.

Greater Cincinnati Investigations issued a report dated Feb. 11 that found no evidence that students from Covington Catholic made “offensive or racist” statements to either Black Hebrew Israelites or Native American tribe members gathered on the National Mall.

"The statements we obtained from students and chaperones are remarkably consistent," the investigators said. “And, the statements are consistent with the videos we reviewed."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/429845-probe-finds-no-proof-of-racist-or-offensive-statements-by

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Liquid Gardens
24 minutes ago, and then said:

The idea that evidence had to be given to prove accusations that attack a person's character just went without saying.  With the results of the 2016 election, ALL of that seems to have been kicked to the curb.  

That was going on way before that.  Did Obama birtherism in all its flavors adhere to 'innocent until proven guilty'?  I don't think so, and that doesn't involve his 'character' as much which is largely an opinion, but something that is actually objective.  I think the linking of this to the media is overblown.  Sure, that's always a factor, but there are plenty of things that show Trump's lack of character that are verified and come directly out of his mouth and fingers, media reports are superfluous to that.  That Trump cheated on all of his wives is pretty firmly in evidence for example, used to be that people on the right cared about that and thought that was a reflection on someone's character not that long ago. (which is not to say that those on the left can't be just as selective and hypocritical when it's convenient)

30 minutes ago, and then said:

You have every right to hate whoever you choose but is it worth literally destroying the fabric of our country just to get Trump removed and to confound his supporters?  Where did all the hate come from?

Don't know, where did all the 'hate' for Obama and Hillary come from?  This ain't new.  I have to entirely disagree with 'the fabric of our country' being at risk, what is going on here is what should be happening: people engaging in arguments critical of and supporting various issues.  Sounds pretty democratic to me, although I'm not sure if it's preferable in every way to the general apathy rightly born of disgust with our government that has prevailed for a long time.

• Like 1

Piney
4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

See...Me and you could fix this country my friend! :tu:

"Piney/CK 2020!!! :clap: :tsu: :clap:"... 

:lol:

@joc Already wanted me to run under the Ass Kicker ticket. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lord Harry
20 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Honestly, someone seriously wants to make a thread about spreading hate towards Trump supporters? Literally the #1 proponents of hate-mongering rhetoric out there?

I just can't take this level of bulls**t man, it stinks so bad I could actually puke...

The way I see it, the only ones spreading "hate" around these parts are you and Harkenhunter with your slanderous personal attacks on other forum members who have a different political position than your own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3