Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro Football 2019

BrooklynGuy

I basically feel the same, @susieice

• Like 2

I think I can finally breath again after that Eagles/Falcons game last night. All the injuries!! It was a massive on call for ambulances. I'm proud of them for the way they battled back and still came so close! Win or lose, that's my team! I think we'll be alright this year.

• Like 3

IDK if any of you guys are into wagering cash on games but if you are there are currently a couple of Vegas sports books who have the Browns as the favorites to beat the Rams.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/los-angeles-cleveland-odds-september-22-2019-1109413

I feel like the Browns could beat the Rams if everything worked perfectly for them. After watching both these teams this year I just dont see it happening this Sunday though, maybe if they were playing in November after the Browns have had some time to jell as a team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK if any of you guys are into wagering cash on games but if you are there are currently a couple of Vegas sports books who have the Browns as the favorites to beat the Rams.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/los-angeles-cleveland-odds-september-22-2019-1109413

I feel like the Browns could beat the Rams if everything worked perfectly for them. After watching both these teams this year I just dont see it happening this Sunday though, maybe if they were playing in November after the Browns have had some time to jell as a team.

I agree if it was later in the season the Browns would have a better chance putting up enough points to get the win. Not top mention it would also would give them the advantage of playing in the cold weather. 

• Like 1

IDK that I have ever walked away from a Browns loss feeling as good as I did last night.

• Like 2

@Farmer77 and @OverSword tough losses for both teams but lots of good play on both sides of the ball is encouraging. It was nice to see my Giants get a win, I feel bad for Eli but a change was needed. 

• Like 4

Just now, BrooklynGuy said:

@Farmer77 and @OverSword tough losses for both teams but lots of good play on both sides of the ball is encouraging. It was nice to see my Giants get a win, I feel bad for Eli but a change was needed. 

I was wondering why you hadnt put up a celebratory post yet, Daniel Jones looked for real, setting records in his first Giants game!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Yeah I hadn’t found Eli too impressive for a while. Jones looks good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yeah I hadn’t found Eli too impressive for a while. Jones looks good.

Yeah man Danny Dimes had an amazing first start. Best QB debut in NFL history. 

I’ve been a Eli fan for so long it’s kinda bittersweet. Watching this kid though you can clearly see Eli just doesn’t have it anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah man Danny Dimes had an amazing first start. Best QB debut in NFL history. 

I’ve been a Eli fan for so long it’s kinda bittersweet. Watching this kid though you can clearly see Eli just doesn’t have it anymore. 

Wanna bet. I’ll wager Eli will get on another team next year and kick butt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Define kick butt? Sure he still has the ability to put up decent stats. He reads defenses really well, and can take what they give him. Heck he had amazing stats last year for a team that won a small handful of games. 

As far as being the guy who with two minutes left can drive down the field and win the game, those days are over. They have been over for the last 4 years. He can no longer carry a offense on his back. Yes he can still be a serviceable QB, but he has lost that magic that once made him at times, amazing. 

I love the guy, and will be forever grateful for the two impossible championships that he was a big part of winning. It’s Daniel Jones time though, and has been well past due for sometime now. 

• Like 1

Just to add, I was all for seeing if Eli still could play at a high level, after the improvements to the O-line. 

After two miserable games though, where he had plenty of time to make some good throws, it just wasn’t gonna happen. 

• Like 2

We’ll see what a change of environment can do. Keep in mind last week those guys didn’t know what to expect when it wasn’t Manning they were up against and once teams figure him out the Giants May be right back where they were 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

When the Browns first traded for OBJ I went and looked at a ton of game tape and was really surprised at how shot Eli's arm actually is. 

I could see him pulling a Peyton and being successful with a team that's defense only allows 9 pts a game though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

We’ll see what a change of environment can do. Keep in mind last week those guys didn’t know what to expect when it wasn’t Manning they were up against and once teams figure him out the Giants May be right back where they were 

I don't know man, that kid was under heavy pressure all game, and was unfazed. Was always looking down field in the middle of chaos. If anything, knowing who he is and what he can do only makes it worse, cause now teams know they cant just throw the kitchen sink at him and think they will get it done, which should open up some opportunities in the run game. Teams also learned you cant just cover the receivers, you have to account for the fact he will just take off and run down field. That all equals headaches for defensive coordinator's.

If this kid can bring that type of game every week, this offense will be hard to stop. Giants have an amazing amount of cap space coming next year to. So hopefully they can put some good talent around him, and the defensive line.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I don't know man, that kid was under heavy pressure all game, and was unfazed. Was always looking down field in the middle of chaos. If anything, knowing who he is and what he can do only makes it worse, cause now teams know they cant just throw the kitchen sink at him and think they will get it done, which should open up some opportunities in the run game. Teams also learned you cant just cover the receivers, you have to account for the fact he will just take off and run down field. That all equals headaches for defensive coordinator's.

If this kid can bring that type of game every week, this offense will be hard to stop. Giants have an amazing amount of cap space coming next year to. So hopefully they can put some good talent around him, and the defensive line.

He's got one game under his belt, he may not be the messiah.  Time will tell.

Just got tickets to the Giants game next week against Washington. I cant wait to see his first home game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He's got one game under his belt, he may not be the messiah.  Time will tell.

Oh no doubt, but as a Giants fan, you gotta be excited for the potential. I mean who saw that coming?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Oh no doubt, but as a Giants fan, you gotta be excited for the potential. I mean who saw that coming?

Oh god I cant imagine the sense of relief you guys must have after the collective "daniel who?" on draft day.

• Like 1

BTW it's good to have a reason to come back to this thread. The first two weeks were miserable for us Giants fans.

Heck even with DJ's performance, they still should have lost. The football Gods smiled on Jones this week lol.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh god I cant imagine the sense of relief you guys must have after the collective "daniel who?" on draft day.

Yeah the kid had a rough draft day. I was surprised we picked him, but I didn't join the hate crowd. About 3 days after the draft, and after looking at tons of tape on the kid, I knew he had a chance to be at least decent.

• Like 2

Just an interesting stat, Eli Manning is 0-44 in games where they have fallen behind by 18 points or more. Daniel Jones is 1-0.