Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro Football 2019

BrooklynGuy

7 hours ago, susieice said:

Eli is retiring :cry:  He was a great quarterback and an even better person. I'll miss seeing him play.

https://www.giants.com/news/eli-manning-announces-retirement-new-york-giants

I was never much of a fan of his.  

I don't agree that he should be in the Hall of Fame.  He was never a top 5 QB in the league any of the years he played.    

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, Myles said:

I was never much of a fan of his.  

I don't agree that he should be in the Hall of Fame.  He was never a top 5 QB in the league any of the years he played.    

I think he should be a last chance ballot type guy. He had a good career not great but I think that combined with the two playoff runs are just enough to put him in.

I am hoping the Chiefs win the Superbowl. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

Shakira is crushing!  Good for her.  The Stones and The Who failed but she hit.

I didn't like the music.   Never heard any of it.   Had no idea who the rapper guy was.   

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I didn't like the music.   Never heard any of it.   Had no idea who the rapper guy was.   

Yeah....I get it.  She had me impressed when she led with rock and played Zepplin.  I thought she nailed the performance, but like you I didn’t all the songs.  Seems like they were trying to do a little something for everyone.  Anyway, great game ending a great football season.  One of my all time favorite years.  I expect next year will be great as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Yeah....I get it.  She had me impressed when she led with rock and played Zepplin.  I thought she nailed the performance, but like you I didn’t all the songs.  Seems like they were trying to do a little something for everyone.  Anyway, great game ending a great football season.  One of my all time favorite years.  I expect next year will be great as well.

I also enjoyed the Zepplin riffs.   Didn't last long enough though.  

I was surprised how many guys were so entranced with their butts.   I told them that they can see better naked butts online at any time.  Their butts were nice, but nothing that you cannot see elsewhere.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, Guyver said:

Shakira is crushing!  Good for her.  The Stones and The Who failed but she hit.

What?? The Who was my favorite halftime show after Tom Petty!

• Like 1

i'm guessing Elway is going to be pushing hard to sign Brady if this is the case. Seems to be his MO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tom-brady-will-test-free-agency-in-march/ar-BBZR3sX?li=BBnb7Kz

“From what I understand, (Patriots owner Robert) Kraft’s thinking on this is, if the sides come together, if Brady decided the Patriots were his best option after testing free agency and if Bill Belichick, who of course is making the decisions for New England, if he decides that Brady is his best option at this price, that … it will mean that it’s meant to be and it’s best for both sides,” Rapoport said on NFL Network on Monday.

I watched 1 XFL game yesterday.  Not bad.  The football that is.   The only rule difference I thought had promise was the kickoffs.   The XFL way would eliminate a block in the back penalty being called every other kickoff.

I didn't care for everyone and their brother being mic'd up.   I don't need to hear the offensive coordinator in the booth calling every play.    I don't want to see interviews with coaches every 5 minutes.     I don't even want to hear the refs talking while reviewing a challenged call.   

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Despite a pandemic, the NFL's 101st season premiered yesterday. May the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year! However, they lost their season opener to the Cardinals. Other news is the Washington "Football team" will find a new team name next year. The Raiders started their first season in Las Vegas. The Rams and Chargers share a new stadium in Inglewood outside of L.A. Tom Brady's first year (or his only one) in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And finally, I predict the AFC champion are the Houston Texans.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Despite a pandemic, the NFL's 101st season premiered yesterday. May the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year! However, they lost their season opener to the Cardinals. Other news is the Washington "Football team" will find a new team name next year. The Raiders started their first season in Las Vegas. The Rams and Chargers share a new stadium in Inglewood outside of L.A. Tom Brady's first year (or his only one) in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And finally, I predict the AFC champion are the Houston Texans.

That's a bold prediction.   I'm not sure they will make the playoffs, but I tip my hat to you for not choosing the obvious Chiefs or Ravens.  My Colts got beat by the Jags.  That hurts.    

• 2 weeks later...

Most stadiums hosting NFL games will not allow fans in the stands this season and there are creative ways to fill the spaces, like the Broncos with South Park characters, this is in Colorado after all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-fill-empty-seats-with-entire-south-park-town-as-they-face-tom-brady-buccaneers/?fbclid=IwAR1UpiMbN41AgHp-v6I8_1XWVZ_rZZGOzHgEsTBqzCobjWmz2_DE_M57Lfc

Edited by Solipsi Rai

• 1 month later...

So the Unsolved Mysteries league was renewed this year.  

It looks like most members are not participating this season.  

If you have interest in taking over one of the teams, let me know.  

It's Yahoo Fantasy football.  Any of the teams that have made zero moves is available.  

image.png.c269886705002037a50b3d59d7d14290.png