Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro Football 2019

BrooklynGuy

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

So I’m wondering, are there more people on board with eliminating non-pi calls canceled? 

To me the result is the refs have become much more ticky tacky in their calls and they rarely ever overturn anyway.

Yeah im ready for a radical overhaul I think. Maybe do away with challenges altogether in favor of an eye in the sky auto replay on every play?

IDK what the answer is but I quit watching basketball because the way its refereed is too arbitrary and while not there yet im starting to get the same feelings about the NFL. Theyve gotta fix something with the refs.

• Like 1

I AM SERIOUSLY p***ED OFF RIGHT NOW

Seahawks fans dying to watch their team get back on the field after this week’s bye will now have a little less time to wait.

Seattle’s Week 12 game Nov. 24 against the Eagles in Philadelphia, originally scheduled for a 5:20 PST kick, will now start at 10 a.m., the NFL announced Tuesday. Packers at 49ers will take the Seahawks-Eagles game’s place on Sunday Night Football.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I think they are trying to obscure Wilson's performances so they can shift MVP talks to a bigger market.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

**** YES THE RIVALRY IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ****!!!!! Too bad Myles will miss the rematch in two weeks :D

LOVE IT GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

This is the way football is supposed to be **** YES

Remember this gem>?

Its OUR TIME!

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I turned off the game and didn't see this until I came across a video. That's a definite suspension. And really a foolish thing to do. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Huge mistake. Probably out for the year midway through his best season 

Yeah it really hurts the team and his DPOY chances EVER are gone, hell be treated like he's Burfict for the rest of his career, and maybe rightfully so.

It sucks and I guarantee there will be about 100 situations the rest of the year where I scream "myles would have made that play" but based on the Cleveland forums im perusing my initial response is kind of how the fan base is feeling.  This is a violent rivalry with a history of brutal and cheap shots. No sympathy or tears from this witness to history!

This being the first time in five years the Browns have beaten the Steelers and the first time in history theyve beaten the Steelers and Ravens in the same season, im like half drunk on emotion so maybe ill feel differently tomorrow.

For now though :D:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

No it doesnt justify but it does add context the national media isnt showing, rumors are words were said as well.

https://twitter.com/MWSNpr/status/1195226253055479808

Damn that video got pulled down fast ......this one isnt as close up

Edited by Farmer77

last one i swear

EJZSM9TWsAA5BNa.jpg

Edited by Farmer77

OK I lied earlier :D

• Like 1

This is the next logical step I guess. Three disciplinary actions are warranted. Garrets' will be the worse and should be.

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sports

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely for helmet attack in Browns-Steelers fight

https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-for-browns-steelers-fight/

I just saw this too. I'm surprised Rudolph wasn't punished in someway too as it does appear in the video like he grabbed at Garrett's helmet first.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-browns-fight-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-after-helmet-swing-two-other-players-punished/?fbclid=IwAR0uJ0-sbgZ7EqqV1-FtysRha8kzhgsz_DIiRYSi0WMHaaMOasQ027h9w7I

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to Sunday Night Football's post, the Steelers and the Browns have been fined $250,000 each and more disciplinary action is expected. This includes the players that left the bench.

Image may contain: text

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Turns out there is precedent here.

NFL bans Smith for hitting player with helmet

NEW YORK — Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith was suspended by the NFL on Wednesday for the season opener and the last two preseason games for hitting Miami guard Richie Incognito with the Dolphins player’s helmet.

They gave Smith three games. Myles and the NFLPA will have a strong argument if they choose to appeal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watch Pittsburgh and Cleveland's roster moves the next week. If you see a couple of no name safetys or LB's brought up from the practice squad you know its gonna be must see TV.

• Like 2

So three helmet to helmet hits by the Browns with a concussion for one player and another leaving bleeding from the ear. Rightly a Browns player ejected for that. Many calls not called that should have been and a helmet hit to an unprotected players head who just suffered a concussion a few weeks previously. I watched 5 times and what is being described as a "kick to the groin" looks like rolling to get up. They all wear cups so I doubt Garrett even felt that tap. He should have gotten a roughing the passer call on that play considering the ball was gone when he threw Rudolph to the ground. Not surprised Rudolph had enough....should he have tried to remove Garretts helmet? No. But I've seen many games where a player removes another's helmet, then their own and the 2 scrap. That's even, and the 2 should be ejected but hitting a guy with an unprotected head in such a powerful way that it potentially could kill him if it hit slightly to differently? Year long suspension justified. As I understand it Garrett has been fined 5 times before...once for breaking a guys leg...maybe they feel fining wasn't having the effect on him necessary to stop this stuff.

Love me some Pouncey though.... :tsu:

• Like 5

I missed Thursday's game as I had early meetings at work all week and had to go to bed.   Rudolph is being fined as well for his part in the fight.  

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/15/steelers-browns-mason-rudolph-nfl-week-11/

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 12:09 AM, Farmer77 said:

OK I lied earlier :D

It’s true, BUT.....and this excuses nothing, he tackled him a little late, which is no big deal, but too rough, which is a big deal, especially considering that the game was basically over and won by Cleveland at that point. But most importantly, and two things every pro knows damn well, you do not engage a QB in extracurricular anger and it’s always the guy that retaliates that gets busted. It ain’t fair, but it is standard NFL.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Watch Pittsburgh and Cleveland's roster moves the next week. If you see a couple of no name safetys or LB's brought up from the practice squad you know its gonna be must see TV.

They play again soon right?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They play again soon right?

I believe they meet up again on 12/1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1