Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

Pro Football 2019

368 posts in this topic

OverSword

Giving the coach the ability to call for a review on no call interference is a huge mistake imo. Like holding by the offensive line, it’s one of those things that happens to some degree and could potentially be called nearly every play.

Add 10 minutes of down time with no action to every game.

I’m down with tweaking rules in the name of player safety but I’m not down with it just because New Orleans throws a fit when they lose.

preacherman76
On 8/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, OverSword said:

Giving the coach the ability to call for a review on no call interference is a huge mistake imo. Like holding by the offensive line, it’s one of those things that happens to some degree and could potentially be called nearly every play.

I’m down with tweaking rules in the name of player safety but I’m not down with it just because New Orleans throws a fit when they lose.

Did they add more replays a team is allowed to have in a game? If not I don’t think it will make much difference. They only get two reviews. 

• Like 2

Myles
On 8/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, OverSword said:

I think the Saints had a very good case to complain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OverSword

@Myles me too. I also believe that there is a case to challenge on nearly every pass play.  What if they made this same rule for holding? If they wanted to they could call it on every down.

If there is anybody that has the right to complain about crap calling and no calls just remember Super Bowl 40. The lesson learned by the fans up here is that if you can’t overcome bad calls you don’t deserve to win. That wasn’t the last play of the game. The Saints had opportunities after that no call and blew it. Didn’t earn it. 

• Like 2

Myles
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Myles me too. I also believe that there is a case to challenge on nearly every pass play.  What if they made this same rule for holding? If they wanted to they could call it on every down.

If there is anybody that has the right to complain about crap calling and no calls just remember Super Bowl 40. The lesson learned by the fans up here is that if you can’t overcome bad calls you don’t deserve to win. That wasn’t the last play of the game. The Saints had opportunities after that no call and blew it. Didn’t earn it. 

I think that was just so obvious.   I don't know that making it reviewable is correct, but I remember when it happened it was just so bad.   1:45 left in a game tied 20-20.  The ref should have been fired immediately.   It wasn't even close.  

• Like 2

CrimsonKing
41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

SB 40?.... :cry:

Damn grandpa,the ENTIRE game and technology behind it has changed since the days of those tears,and trust me i've seen and heard many tears to this very day across many boards....ya'll just didn't "get over it" :lol:

That was an attrocious call,in the modern day,with modern rules and technology...

Just busting your balls a bit,but when we complain about "not changing the game because,well because...well the game has changed almost EVERY year over the past 20 years weather we liked it or not...

That was a horrible call that was so blatant it was unreal,hell preseason games have been extended several minutes just to get a few garbage calls right that meant nothing!....

I'm not gonna cry about playoff games taking a few more minutes to get things right...

• Like 3

OverSword
20 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

SB 40?.... :cry:

Damn grandpa,the ENTIRE game and technology behind it has changed since the days of those tears,and trust me i've seen and heard many tears to this very day across many boards....ya'll just didn't "get over it" :lol:

That was an attrocious call,in the modern day,with modern rules and technology...

Just busting your balls a bit,but when we complain about "not changing the game because,well because...well the game has changed almost EVERY year over the past 20 years weather we liked it or not...

That was a horrible call that was so blatant it was unreal,hell preseason games have been extended several minutes just to get a few garbage calls right that meant nothing!....

I'm not gonna cry about playoff games taking a few more minutes to get things right...

That’s not the point. As I said there are no calls on 90% of plays. It’s not about the extra minutes it tags onto a game. And Also that was not the last play of the game. They continue not to score after that. Cry me a river the Saints, like the Seahawks, didn’t earn it.

Farmer77

Holy Hell Andrew Luck is retiring

Report: Andrew Luck retiring from NFL

@Myles my legit condolences WOW what a waste of talent

• Like 2

OverSword
On 8/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, Farmer77 said:

Holy Hell Andrew Luck is retiring

Report: Andrew Luck retiring from NFL

@Myles my legit condolences WOW what a waste of talent

He better not plan on living in Indiana in his retirement. I feel like the Colts really went out of their way to accommodate him. 

• Like 1

Farmer77
15 hours ago, OverSword said:

He better not plan on living in Indiana in his retirement. I feel like the Colts really went out of their way to accommodate him. 

Yeah sports TV and radio has been p***ing me off with the symphony of sympathy for athletes because the fans booed. I get that it has to hurt his feelings, but, it also hurts the feelings of the dude making just above min wage who spent his savings to buy a Luck jersey and purchase a ticket to see him play.

It sucks all the way around but the media trying to make luck a victim has just made me not like him.

• Like 2

Farmer77

So I know noone else is a Browns fan but if you guys watch Hard Knocks because you like a behind the scenes look at football check out this locally produced series about the Browns called Building The Browns. Honestly IMO last season's episodes when placed head to head with Hard Knocks blew it out of the water.

Here is this weeks episode and theyre all on youtube

• Like 2

CrimsonKing
On 8/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, OverSword said:

That’s not the point. As I said there are no calls on 90% of plays. It’s not about the extra minutes it tags onto a game. And Also that was not the last play of the game. They continue not to score after that. Cry me a river the Saints, like the Seahawks, didn’t earn it.

Calm down there tough guy lol,you've mentioned the "New Orleans fans crying" more times than i've even mentioned anything about that game on this site...

Time to stop crying a river about other fans crying :lol:

I prefer to act like that game never existed...

CrimsonKing

I'm not even a Colts fan but screw Luck!...

He said screw you to his fans,his team,and like a lil attention w***e he pulled his little stunt on the day College Football returned for the season...good riddance!

Oh and if for any reason Luck is reading this...BOOOOOOOO!!!! hahaha

• Haha 2

OverSword
11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Calm down there tough guy lol,you've mentioned the "New Orleans fans crying" more times than i've even mentioned anything about that game on this site...

Time to stop crying a river about other fans crying :lol:

I prefer to act like that game never existed...

But why did this rule get enacted?  IMO because of the reaction to that game.

• Like 1

CrimsonKing
16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But why did this rule get enacted?  IMO because of the reaction to that game.

I hear ya man,but the whole game has changed over time usually due to random things that don't happen regularly and then an outpouring reaction causes a rules change...

Remember the "Tuck rule" game?...holy crap now we gotta sit there and watch 20 different angles and replays everytime a qb loses a ball no matter if a defensive player is within 5 yards or not lol

If the game was still played like it was in the 90's i'd be on your side,but since we watch a game that is already filled with about 1/3rd of the entire game with the refs on the field...atleast maybe with modern camera usage they can get half the s*** right lol

• Like 2

OverSword

The original rules for challenges were you can't challenge a no call.  The reason being that no calls occur literally every down.  I just feel this is the wrong direction to go.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Farmer77

• Like 2

BrooklynGuy
17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Farmer this is going to be a great year for the Browns, lots for you to cheer about.

• Like 1

Farmer77
On 9/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, BrooklynGuy said:

Farmer this is going to be a great year for the Browns, lots for you to cheer about.

Man this has been pure bliss and I am enjoying every second of it.  This new feeling

Sunday cannot come soon enough. Writing this, I am already ready to run through a wall like the Kool-Aid guy. 

LOL that^^ about sums me up right now.

The Browns NEVER win the season opener, im not positive but I dont think they have done so since 1999. While the Titans' tight ends I think are going to make this contest closer than most Browns homers believe im still picking the team to start the new era off with a W Browns 29 Titans 17

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy

Buh Bye Cry Baby, he lost all his guaranteed money to boot. Where is the outrage for this loser calling Mayock a Cr@cker, we all know what would have happened if Mayock called him a .... 

A crazy saga ends as Raiders officially cut Antonio Brown

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/a-crazy-saga-ends-as-raiders-officially-cut-antonio-brown-160047633.html

• Like 1

Farmer77
4 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Buh Bye Cry Baby, he lost all his guaranteed money to boot. Where is the outrage for this loser calling Mayock a Cr@cker, we all know what would have happened if Mayock called him a .... 

A crazy saga ends as Raiders officially cut Antonio Brown

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/a-crazy-saga-ends-as-raiders-officially-cut-antonio-brown-160047633.html

Ok ,....I freaking cant stand the giant toddler BUT did he just outsmart the system?

Antonio Brown agrees to terms with Patriots Son of a b****

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok ,....I freaking cant stand the giant toddler BUT did he just outsmart the system?

Antonio Brown agrees to terms with Patriots Son of a b****

No surprise that he signed with the Pats, they like taking on these cluster**** players on the cheap. Good luck trying to get over on Belichick, we'll see if he lasts the season in New England.

• Like 1

Farmer77

hqdefault.jpg

Man I really expected to be crushed if the Browns sucked today but weirdly im not. I mean it sucks but for the first time in a very long time I dont feel hopeless after a week1 loss and man thats nice. The final score was embarrassing but it wouldnt have ever gotten there without 18 stuuupid penalties and they looked like a team who hadnt played together because they didnt in the preseason.

I do appear to be the only Browns fan not about to jump off a bridge though :lol:

• Like 2

OverSword

So what I saw yesterday were PI calls where no real interference occurred. I believe that is because the new no call challenge rule has made the refs too cautious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1