Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
macqdor

Surviving a Poltergeist Episode #23

Recommended Posts

macqdor

Surviving a Poltergeist

Episode #23

 

@papageorge1

Edited by macqdor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sci-nerd

Sounds like a confirmation bias party.

You guys have fun :tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Sounds like a confirmation bias party.

I am not interested in having any biases much less having them confirmed. I am though interested in collecting all information and argumentation from all sides and forming my best unbiased understanding.

if my unbiased understanding is not liked  by science nerds when it conflicts with their worldview I don’t see that as relevant to my truth search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor

@sci-nerd

Some people like to stay informed.  It's an interview. Q and A

Judge after u listen. Not b4.

That would be bias

 

;-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Judge after u listen. Not b4.

That would be bias

If it's real, I know what it is. But 999 of 1000 times (or more) it's not real.

I just feel sorry for those who experience the real thing, not knowing what it is.

And don't bother asking what it is. You will not agree anyway.

Edited by sci-nerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor

@sci-nerd

 

Quote

If it's real, I know what it is. But 999 of 1000 times (or more) it's not real.

I just feel sorry for those who experience the real thing, not knowing what it is.

And don't bother asking what it is. You will not agree anyway

you should start a new  thread detailing what you think this phenomena is.  Not mine. Just "geist" reports in general.   I'll meet u there.

We all have our theory and ideas.  Odds are we're probably all wrong. Doesn't hurt to discuss this maturely and openly

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

you should start a new  thread detailing what you think this phenomena is.

What's the point, when no one will believe it?

I have no need for people to agree with me. I don't really care. I just pity people who get scared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd

If you truly understand the universe, down to the quantum details, you understand everything.

@macqdor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
49 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If it's real, I know what it is. 

I don’t follow. Are saying you know what real phenomena is? And you don’t want to share because no one will believe?? I’m even more confused now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
14 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If you truly understand the universe, down to the quantum details, you understand everything.

@macqdor

 No scientist claims to know everything yet. So we still need to be open to new observations, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t follow. Are saying you know what real phenomena is? And you don’t want to share because no one will believe?? I’m even more confused now.

I'm saying IF it exists, it is rare.
And that those rare instances can be explained in a way very few people will accept. It is a scientific explanation, but it's still considered fringe.
Not fringe because it challenges any theories, but because it touches existentialism.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No scientist claims to know everything yet. So we still need to be open to new observations, right?

I agree we should never stop researching. Never.
But when you have a TOE, and it answers everything you can imagine, you might want to give it a little respect.
But we should never stop researching. Never settle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
papageorge1
1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm saying IF it exists, it is rare.
And that those rare instances can be explained in a way very few people will accept. It is a scientific explanation, but it's still considered fringe.
Not fringe because it challenges any theories, but because it touches existentialism.

I agree we should never stop researching. Never.
But when you have a TOE, and it answers everything you can imagine, you might want to give it a little respect.
But we should never stop researching. Never settle.

So you won’t share your thoughts but will criticize those who do???

And if there ever is a TOE I think real things like ghosts and poltergeists must be explainable within it.

And the universe may even be a thought of God/Brahman and not compelled by general rules we notice.

At this point let’s study the poltergeist as one part of this amazing universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So you won’t share your thoughts but will criticize those who do???

I only debunk where it is due.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And if there ever is a TOE I think real things like ghosts and poltergeists must be explainable within it.

"They" are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.