Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quality Video of Ghost Cat

papageorge1

Here is one of the better home security motion detection paranormal videos I've come across.

I have heard many, many stories of ghost pets. This video shows a cat 'Little Rocky' move from the far right of the image, move behind a table, and then continue on past the left side of the frame. There is also an orb moving away in the video.

Here is the video with accompanying story from an ABC news source :  *snip*

Certainly the hard-core skeptics will say it  is  another case of a faker/liar with too much time on his hands. But surely they must pause at the number  of paranormal pet stories out there and this one with a quality video. Could all these videos be faked? They could, but at what point does that strain reason?

Edited by Saru
Link to fake site removed
  • Like 1

It looks fake to me

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

Just now, Impedancer said:

It looks fake to me I have seen my cat timber who passed this summer in four occations and i have seen other paranormal things they did not look like the cat in the vid.

You mean they can only appear the way Impedancer has seen them previously or they're fake??

I have never seen a ghost anything myself. If you saw your cat four times I would think you'd be a little more open to what is possible.

• Like 2

I love cats, Cool video, if faked how would one fake that?

Since none of my passed away loved ones have come to see me,

Personally i do not believe in ghosts as some do that they are a conscience entity, a soul or whatever from a deceased person regardless of the shape they take, human, cat, orb, casper

However, i believe the phenomenon is a natural condition of the earth, electric, magnetic, i dont know but if everything including the viewer is just right things are seen and called "ghosts"  my theory explains for me why some "ghosts" are claimed to be seen in the same place at different times by different people the phenomenon is to simplify my thought on it like a recording being played on endless loop.

I also believe a time will come and tech will become available that proves my theory.

• Like 2

I left out this bit we can see things which isn't there these things is mostly created in our own mind we can see them through visual hallusinations and they can be caused by many things in my case i think they were caused by intense Stress, lack of sleep, Migranes, sleep paralysis. I would say 98% can be explained the other 2% is unknown.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

I had a bird which hung around for years after it died.  After I had gotten a new sofa and loveseat and pulled the carpet in exchange for bare wood floors I would still find his feathers occasionally.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

I left out this bit we can see things which isn't there these things is mostly created in our own mind we can see them through visual hallusinations and they can be caused by many things in my case i think they were caused by intense Stress, lack of sleep, Migranes, sleep paralysis. I would say 98% can be explained the other 2% is unknown.

I had this happen, late 80s i was working raves, no i wasnt partying, it was at an old theater which of course had a cool history of possible things some call hauntings, i wont detail to keep this shorter,

One night late about 530 600 am im stacking stools, other staffers are doing various jobs to get the place closed so we could go home, i see the stools over just at the edge of my field of vision being stacked, heard them clunk together, im focused on my work but turn to talk to the buddy who isnt there and wasnt, just a stack of stools that i have zero clue how they got stacked, keep in mind at this point ive been up 20 to 30 hours....

And ive also had a lifetime of nervious stress panic drdp problems, optical migrains, sleep issues etc, no, i was never abducted.

Side note, A girl lived there full time, her bedroom was the old projection room she had zero unexplained encounters in the couple years she lived there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about this, but no one can be.  I would probably be more convinced by the orb alone.

Saying that..... I do believe that well-loved pets survive for a short time after physical death.

Love = Energy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I had this happen, late 80s i was working raves, no i wasnt partying, it was at an old theater which of course had a cool history of possible things some call hauntings, i wont detail to keep this shorter,

One night late about 530 600 am im stacking stools, other staffers are doing various jobs to get the place closed so we could go home, i see the stools over just at the edge of my field of vision being stacked, heard them clunk together, im focused on my work but turn to talk to the buddy who isnt there and wasnt, just a stack of stools that i have zero clue how they got stacked, keep in mind at this point ive been up 20 to 30 hours....

And ive also had a lifetime of nervious stress panic drdp problems, optical migrains, sleep issues etc, no, i was never abducted.

Side note, A girl lived there full time, her bedroom was the old projection room she had zero unexplained encounters in the couple years she lived there.

Cool seems like you got help :-) 

5 minutes ago, acute said:

Every video can be faked.

Sure but i would say that a ghost if they exist why would it take the  mundane cumbersome form it had in life,

The cat video could be fake could be a ghost cat could be explained by my ghost theory i posted eariler,

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

if they exist why would it take the  mundane cumbersome form it had in life,

Can you expand on this, please?

17 minutes ago, acute said:

Not sure about this, but no one can be.  I would probably be more convinced by the orb alone.

Well, this adds to my argument that some of these orbs we discuss into infinity are indeed paranormal. (I know that it doesn't prove, but orbs seem to be suspiciously associated with other claimed paranormal events)

20 minutes ago, acute said:

Saying that..... I do believe that well-loved pets survive for a short time after physical death.

Love = Energy.

My best understanding is much like yours on this issue. I think animals that have had their spiritual senses raised by contact with humans do exist longer on the astral plane after death. After that they will join their group soul but the most evolved of these might even individualize their soul from their group soul and even reincarnate as humans.

I know people, now George is going too far again....:rolleyes:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, acute said:

Can you expand on this, please?

Perhaps i am choosing my words poorly,  not feeling well today but what i meant by that was, the video showed a translucent image of a cat walking by,

From going on what i hear people claim ghosts are , souls, enegry, what have you then why would a ghost take the form or appear like a cat, a human shape, an orb, or be seen at all, why would it want to or need to?

And do not mistake my theory on ghost sightings to mean i dont believe in something here, i find it hard to accept that when a life ends that energy is gone forever,

Who cares if someone thinks george has gone too far again,

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The video could be real or could be faked. Especially with the state of digital art programs. So you have a choice to believe 

faked

real

other

other being a lense reflection or some other optical illusion. 

For myself I say this one is either real or faked. My own experience makes me believe it’s possibly real.

• Like 3

And my eyes are bugging me too today but i went back watched it a couple more times, just on my little phone screen, on top of the fireplace is a shiny object and it catches a reflection as does the tv screen, and seems the cat sorta fades with the table a little,

I am curious what is the reflection from,

To fake this seems one would need a shot of a cat walking that path to then fade out that cat and impose it on the video...hum

Btw,

My avatar is one of my cats "monkey"  hes not mad or hurt in that pic, i got lucky and caught him in a big yawn....

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The video could be real or could be faked. Especially with the state of digital art programs. So you have a choice to believe 

faked

real

other

other being a lense reflection or some other optical illusion. 

For myself I say this one is either real or faked. My own experience makes me believe it’s possibly real.

It really doesn't make sense to exactly say 'real' or 'faked' because we can't know from this distance. That is the logic behind the creation of the Papameter to judge likelihood based on everything we know about this case and the universe in its totality.

Papameter read-out...….Paranormal 66%...….Faked/Lie 32%...….Other 2%

An interesting video, the cat doesn't fade or anything just strolls onto and off the screen. Could be the cat passing in front of the sofa just out of sight of the camera? Light is coming from under the couch it seems and can be seen in front of fireplace.  Makes me go Hmmmm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It really doesn't make sense to exactly say 'real' or 'faked' because we can't know from this distance. That is the logic behind the creation of the Papameter to judge likelihood based on everything we know about this case and the universe in its totality.

Papameter read-out...….Paranormal 66%...….Faked/Lie 32%...….Other 2%

Well I would love to see your mathematical formulae but think those numbers are just feelings. It’s either real, fake or mistake/illusion 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well I would love to see your mathematical formulae but think those numbers are just feelings. It’s either real, fake or mistake/illusion 

No, seriously though they are just logical estimates based on all I know of the case and the universe while trying to be honest and objective. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Shadow of a cat on the wall; and, reflections on the mantlepiece and TV screen.

No ghost.

Well, I think the guy who lives there can better judge that than us. (If he even has a cat he would have thought of that himself) 

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I think the guy who lives there can better judge that than us. (If he even has a cat he would have thought of that himself) 

Clever ghosts distorting their image to coincide with where the floor meets the wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Clever ghosts distorting their image to coincide with where the floor meets the wall.

??????  I see a transparent cat.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked