Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quality Video of Ghost Cat

papageorge1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Do you mean like a shadow?

Which would require a living cat and something the home owner could then reproduce easily, right????

• Like 1

I also used the term transparent because it doesnt look like a shadow to me at all,

I do question all the reflections considering the house was said to be empty.

The orb is a nice touch,  i havent a clue at this moment, gonna go watch it some more...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Which would require a living cat and something the home owner could then reproduce easily, right????

And ABC as for comments on what their readers think.

One reader says fake.  Then staff start crying litigation and violence.

It's almost as if this story isn't exemplary journalism.

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

I also used the term transparent because it doesnt look like a shadow to me at all,

I do question all the reflections considering the house was said to be empty.

The orb is a nice touch,  i havent a clue at this moment, gonna go watch it some more...

AND a motion detector with a live cat doesn’t make much sense.

33 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Shadow of a cat on the wall; and, reflections on the mantlepiece and TV screen.

No ghost.

This was clearly edited to make the cat transparent. The reflections confirm that

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

And ABC as for comments on what their readers think.

One reader says fake.  Then staff start crying litigation and violence.

It's almost as if this story isn't exemplary journalism.

Violence and litigation????

it’s sounds like a regular type human interest journalism to me.

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This was clearly edited to make the cat transparent. The reflections confirm that

Fell free to make sense of ‘the reflections confirm that’ statement..

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

When the cat, or shadow, moves in from the right at the start of the video, it looks smaller than in the middle of the video when the shadow is on the wall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Fell free to make sense of ‘the reflections confirm that’ statement..

Feel free to make sense of "you're a gullible fool who believes everything is paranormal even when there is clear evidence to the contrary" statement...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I dont like "shadow" for this a shadow has to be cast onto something this isnt, its there like a peppers ghost but thats not the effect i believe is used here,

Made my eyes hurt looking but see if what i see is what others see,

Cat comes in from right side near sofa goes around table comes out from behind table walks until behind other end of sofa and reflections in tv and fireplace top corresponded with cat,  orb floats off sofa,

The cat is there and walking that path so its either a phantasm, a ghost cat or the cat was faded out in a Photoshop, if that can be done please post a link for camparison.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Violence and litigation????

it’s sounds like a regular type human interest journalism to me.

Only in the age of "Fake News" would that seem normal.  ABC aren't going to sue for defamation over this.  If they'd performed any sort of due diligence they could easily demonstrate that.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The cat is there and walking that path so its either a phantasm, a ghost cat or the cat was faded out in a Photoshop, if that can be done please post a link for camparison.

This is some basic level photoshopping 

About superimposing and transparency

Superimposing describes the process of overlaying and combining multiple images. Video clips are completely opaque by default, but superimposing them requires transparency. When you make clips on upper video tracks transparent, they reveal clips on the tracks below.

In Premiere Elements, you can quickly and easily make entire clips transparent by using the Opacity effect. In addition, you can apply any combination of opacity, masks, mattes, and keying to modify a file’s alpha channel, which defines the transparent areas in a clip. More advanced keying effects let you make specific colors or shapes transparent.

Which do you think is more likely? A transparent ghost cat that has a reflection, or a simple edit that can be done in photoshop?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I think the guy who lives there can better judge that than us. (If he even has a cat he would have thought of that himself) 

Unless he faked it 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Feel free to make sense of "you're a gullible fool who believes everything is paranormal even when there is clear evidence to the contrary" statement...

OK, I get your feeling frustrated.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Only in the age of "Fake News" would that seem normal.  ABC aren't going to sue for defamation over this.  If they'd performed any sort of due diligence they could easily demonstrate that.

God forbid a ghost claim.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Unless he faked it 

The Papameter saw that as a significant possibility.

In regards to the cat retaining it's form, could it be possible the cat wasn't/isn't smart or aware enough that it was dead? How did the cat expire? Was it sudden? Maybe it takes longer for pets that people because we're self aware and can understand were dead? Here's a little extra to float by. Could the reason that most dead don't communicate is that without our bodies chemistry controlling emotions and such, the dead feel no emotions, attachments, loyalty, or even love. They just move on. Except for the few extremely strong willed. Just a thought I just had reading this thread.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

In regards to the cat retaining it's form, could it be possible the cat wasn't/isn't smart or aware enough that it was dead? How did the cat expire? Was it sudden? Maybe it takes longer for pets that people because we're self aware and can understand were dead? Here's a little extra to float by. Could the reason that most dead don't communicate is that without our bodies chemistry controlling emotions and such, the dead feel no emotions, attachments, loyalty, or even love. They just move on. Except for the few extremely strong willed. Just a thought I just had reading this thread.

Well you are stating quite a pessimistic view of the afterlife there. 

Actually after death I feel there is a heightened sensitivity to the higher emotions. Without a heightened sensitivity to human love that cat would not be back in that household is my position.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well you are stating quite a pessimistic view of the afterlife there. 

Actually after death I feel there is a heightened sensitivity to the higher emotions. Without a heightened sensitivity to human love that cat would not be back in that household is my position.

Or it was the only person and place it ever knew? Not trying to bum you out Papa, just spitballing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Or it was the only person and place it ever knew? Not trying to bum you out Papa, just spitballing.

I’m saying the more advanced the love-attachment the more the afterlife draw to the environment. 

Attachment to the higher feelings caused the ghost clinging IMHO. 

And for us the cause will remain unclear but I am basing my position on an overall understanding from my lifetime of consideration.

If ghosts feel zip zero no reason for them to "haunt" a person or place and my theory in post 4 becomes a sad empty possibility across the board.

This video if fake is a case of some one with talent ( if its easy to do, make one, show me ) only the cat is faded, as i believe that cat wasnt added to that clip but is there when it was filmed, he navigates the room perfectly.

Whats more likely A ghost cat or Photoshop? Depends who you ask but for the moment i lean towards hoax but that doesnt mean ghosts arent out there in some way or another

• Like 1

So, you guys are buying into this being a genuine 'ABC News' website?  Did you actually take a bit of a look at the stories and content?

Not that it necessarily means the video is fake, but the source sure is.  And in my opinion, yes, that's edited content.  I'd like to see the original - that version has obviously been re-compressed a few times given the woeful quality.  As it would be if it was an editing conjob....  Just sayin'

Anyways, if anyone can find a better quality version or valid contact details for the video's owner, please post away..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

An ABC news source? No, but false flag. The link leads to a news channel named abc13news, which seems to be a lousy high jack of the original abc13 news channel.

The fake: *snip*

The page has no imprint. As per WHOIS, the registrar of that page is PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com and the WHOIS record does not show any details of the registrant of the page.

The original: https://abc13.com/

The page has an imprint. As per WHOIS, the registrar of that page is CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC and the WHOIS record shows full details of the registrant of the page, which is Disney Enterprises, Inc.

In addition, on the fake page there is advertising for stupid stuff like "Ghost Meter EMF Sensor ($29,99)" and, what a coincidence, for "Cute Ghost Cat T-Shirt - BOO Kitty Cat Halloween Shirt ($15,99)".

• Thanks 6

• The topic was locked