Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
papageorge1

Quality Video of Ghost Cat

84 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

the13bats

See george,  even though we see the pgf in two near totally different ways we still arent as far apart as you may think....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
onlookerofmayhem
18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nothing hinges on any one video. Each is judged on a case-by-case basis.

Indeed. But how often do you check out the sources and reliability of the videos you consider real? 

In a few hours, with other people doing their due diligence, your PPPM (Papas Patented Paranormal Meter) went from 66% to 48% to 10% likelihood of being paranormal. I hope it's under 1% now. (Notice how I didn't say you should be at 0%?)

This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical, perhaps even cynical, about paranormal claims. When someone, especially a diverse group, scrutinise these claims they never hold any water.

Personally,  I've never had the slightest of a paranormal experience.  

I've been to supposed haunted places and had nothing at all unusual happen. 

I've never seen any ghosts or spirits.

The only "evidence" I've ever heard of are stories. And one only need look at books and movies to see how vivid the imagination is. I know for a fact that people lie, embellish and invent lots of things.

It's funny how skeptics are scoffed at so often on this site. Don't get me wrong, so are the believers. Personally I try to never attack or insult other members. Disagree with them and discuss, of course. 

As a skeptic, I come here to maybe find a piece of the puzzle I missed. A new development. A different point of view.

I used to believe in pretty much all the big ones. Bigfoot. Loch Ness Monster. Ghosts. UFOs. 

But all when I was young and naive about the world. The more I looked into the available information the less I was able to take any of it seriously.

In conclusion of today's rant I'd just like to say it not such a horrible thing to say "Prove it." when somebody makes a claim.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

See george,  even though we see the pgf in two near totally different ways we still arent as far apart as you may think....

What does 'pgf' mean??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Patterson gimlin film...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Indeed. But how often do you check out the sources and reliability of the videos you consider real? 

In a few hours, with other people doing their due diligence, your PPPM (Papas Patented Paranormal Meter) went from 66% to 48% to 10% likelihood of being paranormal. I hope it's under 1% now. (Notice how I didn't say you should be at 0%?)

This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical, perhaps even cynical, about paranormal claims. When someone, especially a diverse group, scrutinise these claims they never hold any water.

Personally,  I've never had the slightest of a paranormal experience.  

I've been to supposed haunted places and had nothing at all unusual happen. 

I've never seen any ghosts or spirits.

The only "evidence" I've ever heard of are stories. And one only need look at books and movies to see how vivid the imagination is. I know for a fact that people lie, embellish and invent lots of things.

It's funny how skeptics are scoffed at so often on this site. Don't get me wrong, so are the believers. Personally I try to never attack or insult other members. Disagree with them and discuss, of course. 

As a skeptic, I come here to maybe find a piece of the puzzle I missed. A new development. A different point of view.

I used to believe in pretty much all the big ones. Bigfoot. Loch Ness Monster. Ghosts. UFOs. 

But all when I was young and naive about the world. The more I looked into the available information the less I was able to take any of it seriously.

In conclusion of today's rant I'd just like to say it not such a horrible thing to say "Prove it." when somebody makes a claim.

Well, let me start by saying I have essentially zero doubts about the existence of  the paranormal from the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence. This particular case in this thread was not started by any person who can respond and be questioned. From papameter read out #1 I gave the chance of hoax a very significant chance. And even now I don't know the source of the video but I have no respect for the website it was on. I do not consider this the 'norm' as I believe the overwhelming number of cases are from sincere people and people I have known personally including myself.

My take-away from this case is to in the future scrutinize such randomly found websites more closely for apparent quality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And how do we UM users know if a website is black or white?

By common sense and investigational skills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

How is it officially determined that a website is 'fake news'?

In this case it's the website that's fake - that's a separate thing to 'fake news'.

If you aren't sure about a specific site, look it up in Google and see what other sites/users are saying about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
7 hours ago, toast said:

By common sense and investigational skills. 

Hah, like everyone will always agree if it's black or white or on anything controversial. Maybe you haven't been on internet forums long enough:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
6 hours ago, Saru said:

In this case it's the website that's fake - that's a separate thing to 'fake news'.

If you aren't sure about a specific site, look it up in Google and see what other sites/users are saying about it.

OK, we'll leave it at that for now, but I guarantee it will not always be so  black or white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.