Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chernobyl

Commander CMG

Thank you for sharing this, I don't have time to read it right now but the little I did read is very interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Thank you for sharing this, I don't have time to read it right now but the little I did read is very interesting.

Its an incredible read.. Chernobyl has always intrigued me, even the lesser quality movies on it. 

• Like 5

I live in Sweden and remember when Chernobyl happened I was seven at the time and i asked my mom will we die now ? cause we were afraid of the radioactive down fall luckily we did not get the amount of radiation as we thought  but it still was enough to cause cancer and health problems. 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

It sounds like they may be thinking about re-opening the area again for people to live in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, susieice said:

It sounds like they may be thinking about re-opening the area again for people to live in. 

Sounds way too early perhaps it's their way to get rid of enemies of the state.

Very poignant story. The old woman planting flowers around the hotel in the hopes that visitors would think less badly about Chernobyl, brought tears to my eyes.They've been through hell and back. I wish them the very best and hope their zone gets expanded if safe to do so.

• Sad 1

that was a great read.. have watched a number of documentaries about it..

those liquidators that went in right after it happened.. that was some serious guts.. ok a number of them did not realise the full effect it would have.. but a lot of them did.. and they still did it.. that .. is pure bravery.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 9:19 PM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Since the explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in 1986, an exclusion zone of more than 4,000 square kilometres has been abandoned. That could be about to change, as Victoria Gill discovered during a week-long trip to the zone.

"This place is more than half of my life," says Gennady Laptev. The broad-shouldered Ukrainian scientist is smiling wistfully as we stand on the now dry ground of what was Chernobyl nuclear power plant's cooling pond.

Read More

My understanding is that some people moved back in 20 years ago.

Its not dangerous to be there anymore so long as you stick to the cleared zones. You can even go on holiday to and go inside the reactor for short periods of time.

• Thanks 1

Chernobyl, 450 km from me, and during the catastrophe the wind blew in the opposite direction, otherwise the radioactive wind would pass through my area:

Volodymyr Pavlovych Pravyk ( 13 June 1962 – 11 May 1986) was a Soviet firefighter who died from radiation burns suffered in the Chernobyl disaster. He was posthumously awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union, the Order of Lenin, and the Ukrainian Star For Courage, which later became the Order For Courage. He was laid to rest at Mitinskoe Cemetery in Moscow along with 27 other firefighters who died in the Chernobyl disaster. He is thought to be the firefighter that when experiencing massive amounts of radiation, had his eye color change from brown to blue.

Spoiler

216649w540zc0.jpg?v=183952

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cherobyl was true desolation, just like Fukushima.

Desolation is a Biblical description of where the animals may live in a place, but the human beings are forbidden,

This was described long before radioactivity was discovered. It is a remarkable prediction of the things to come, but also, the overturning of truth.

The “abomination which leads to desolation,” spoken of by the prophet Daniel in the Old Testament, would not have been possible prior to the nuclear age. 

And equally intriguing passage says that ar some point, men will seek death but not be able to find it. That too is an unusual prediction for such an early time, suggesting some form of regenerative power which could spontaneously or intentionally occur on earth for some unknown purpose or reason.

I believe there will be many Chernobyl’s to come and there will be many Fukushimas to come, until what is left of this technology is be removed or destroyed by a Higher Power.

We have embraced Death with open arms, but the nation, which first tested this material on other human beings, will not escape the flaming sword which has fallen into the right hands.