Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walker stumbles upon enormous owl snow circle

Still Waters

This video footage shows a mysterious owl-shaped 'snow circle' carved into freshly-laid powder.

Walker Chris Barrow, 59, was taking drone footage of the snowy landscape when he spotted the outline of the bird's face on the ground.

The perfectly-symmetrical image was made up of shapes which were perfectly drawn on to the snow by an unknown artist.

A single trail of little footprints can be seen leading away from the huge shape - but otherwise it appears to be totally undisturbed.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/walker-stumbles-upon-enormous-owl-115000845.html

Video:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/must-reads/watch-walker-astonished-when-he-stumbles-upon-an-enormous-owl-shaped-snow-circle/04/02/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Walker stumbles upon enormous owl snow circle

Could it have been made using a drone?

Its some aliens who visit us for winter vacation.
Most aliens comes in the summer and do crop circles but it seems some like snow to..

Or is it possible that its the same people that make crop circles, but in the summer you cant se the tracks ? :innocent:

• Like 2

Owl? Well perhaps I suppose if you had a propensity to see things resembling owls. 

• Thanks 1

I believe I would have seen this as an owl, even without any prompting to view it thus. It's stylized, of course, but not really obscure. Given the footprints, a mundane explanation seems likely. Someone, taking a great deal of care, impressed this pattern into the snow, using a multitude of small, but still visible marks. The result is quite beautiful.

17 feathers above the eyes, 19 below. Intriguing choices, because they introduce a bit of asymmetry into an otherwise symmetrical design. 8 feathers on one side of the midline, at the top, 9 on the other. 10 feathers, and 9 on the bottom. Note that each of the four feathers nearest the eyes are considerably broadened.    

Edited by bison
  • Like 2

People who honestly think "aliens" do things like this have a really low opinion of the abilities of many (very human) artists.

I love it though, owls are cool and the design/execution is striking.

• Like 2

The really impressive thing is not what they achieved, but the fact that the snow came and only lasted for 2-3 days before it was gone.
So this wasn�t something that for example, was in Iceland where they could prepare and practice a few times for several days. This was something they must have waited for and then rushed to produce in a single opportunity, without any recent rehearsal in snow as the previous snowfall was around 9-10 months before this.

Well it’s pretty far from ‘perfectly symmetrical’ and ‘perfectly drawn’ and there are two sets of footprints leading away from it. 

Impressive but exaggerated. And the geometry itself would not be hard to replicate at scale. Just need some rope, a post and some time.

So, we've gone from crop circles to snow doodles. I liked the old days better, when aliens built pyramids and henges.

• Like 1