Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Bankruptcy Primay Cause Medical Bills

OverSword

55 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Nope.  Illegal for them to market to doctors which is why they advertise to the public.

Maybe so, but I've noticed that doctors seem to give preference to prescribing drugs made by the company that provides their stationary.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are other perks that make it through the loopholes. 

Edited by Big Jim
dropped word

2 hours ago, aztek said:

keep dreaming, people that have power, make billions on it,  will never allow it,  they make laws,

Well we got it. Apparently it is possible. If you can be bothered, of course. 

48 minutes ago, aztek said:

most likely 0.  the damage is already done, plus illegals are not the only people who do not pay bills. 

So the wall is pointless. Well done admitting it. This is what we call progress. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Well we got it. Apparently it is possible. If you can be bothered, of course. 

nope, you do not. you never had such powerful medical lobby, and you sure did not get rid of it.  not to mention i'll take my system over yours any day.

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope, you do not. you never had such powerful medical lobby, and you sure did not get rid of it.  not to mention i'll take my system over yours any day.

Yeah, who wouldn’t take a system that could bankrupt you over one that costs less and ensures you are seen in a reasonable time...

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

wrong again, 

Good response. The level of detail is staggering as always. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yeah, who wouldn’t take a system that could bankrupt you over one that costs less and ensures you are seen in a reasonable time...

Good response. The level of detail is staggering as always. 

lamo, there is a thread in ulk section about your system, no thanks,  it's juts not the case. i can afford my system , and i get to see a doc faster than in your system

it has appropriate level of detail for  the post it was a reply to.

Edited by aztek

29 minutes ago, aztek said:

lamo, there is a thread in ulk section about your system, no thanks,  it's juts not the case. i can afford my system , and i get to see a doc faster than in your system

it has appropriate level of detail for  the post it was a reply to.

And there is also quite some detail on how that example is an extreme not representative. 

But of course, as long as you're OK, who cares about anyone else, eh? That's the American way. 

You're pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

And there is also quite some detail on how that example is an extreme not representative. 

But of course, as long as you're OK, who cares about anyone else, eh? That's the American way. 

You're pathetic. 

exactly,  don't beg, earn your own.  

and you are beyond pathetic. with your freeloaders "they owe me" sick mentailty

but hey, here is the solution, who ever does not like our system, and country in general they can move to your country, and you provide them with everything free of charge

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, travelnjones said:

You guys see capitalism = money. I am talking about the competition part that improves service. 

Greetings travelnjones.  I miss the competition, but over the last 50 years of my life, it seems to be on a downward trend.

Theodore Roosevelt was a trust buster.  His big opponents were railroads and steel.  These days every industry seems to have a few dominant players.  Little companies have ideas and innovate, big companies with cash buy them out and absorb them.  Few Mom and Pop stores survive Walmart  or Kroger coming to the neighborhood. Apple, Google, and Microsoft dominate their fields.  Big Healthcare conglomerates own hospitals, clinics, insurance and control our access to medical care.  An individual GP doesn't stand much of a chance on his own, so he joins a large clinic. 

Next time you need to be in a medical facility, check it out.  I have had the experience of visiting a clinic in Greece on my own  and a hospital in France when a coworker was injured in an accident. Neither of those places had a waiting room with $300k worth of chairs, carpeting, and art on the walls. The hospital room where I visited my friend was simple but adequate.  In both cases the medical staff was top notch and treated us well. 

We seem to expect medical facilities to look like luxury hotels  and we pay for that even if we get no better care than one could have in most other first-world countries.  I am not making a pitch for socialized medicine here, just saying that we pay a lot for appearance that doesn't really improve our care or outcome.

• Like 1

my mind is boggled.  Just taking Apple we went from the IIE to a pocket device that can download nearly all media.  The whole modern world I see as an example that refutes this downward trend.

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings travelnjones.  I miss the competition, but over the last 50 years of my life, it seems to be on a downward trend.

Theodore Roosevelt was a trust buster.  His big opponents were railroads and steel.  These days every industry seems to have a few dominant players.  Little companies have ideas and innovate, big companies with cash buy them out and absorb them.  Few Mom and Pop stores survive Walmart  or Kroger coming to the neighborhood. Apple, Google, and Microsoft dominate their fields.  Big Healthcare conglomerates own hospitals, clinics, insurance and control our access to medical care.  An individual GP doesn't stand much of a chance on his own, so he joins a large clinic. 

Next time you need to be in a medical facility, check it out.  I have had the experience of visiting a clinic in Greece on my own  and a hospital in France when a coworker was injured in an accident. Neither of those places had a waiting room with $300k worth of chairs, carpeting, and art on the walls. The hospital room where I visited my friend was simple but adequate.  In both cases the medical staff was top notch and treated us well. 

We seem to expect medical facilities to look like luxury hotels  and we pay for that even if we get no better care than one could have in most other first-world countries.  I am not making a pitch for socialized medicine here, just saying that we pay a lot for appearance that doesn't really improve our care or outcome.

i never seen such hospital in usa either, can't say i visited many, about a dozen.  no one expects them to look like hotels,  

private practices often do look like that, but they cater to people who can afford that, if you go to a regular med office, that takes medicaid, you will see bare walls, cheap chairs, crowded waiting rooms, and rude receptionists.

yes sometimes doctors in third world countries do better job than doctors here. that i agree, and have seen it my self, but then again, doctors there, are not in for the money. they really ARE doctors, not businessmen in a medical business.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1