Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Unusual Tournament

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

What is it with fat, sugar and salt? I know it's cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure, but why is it put on the same level as an opioid drug addiction? There is a big difference. These are diseases that onset over time. People are getting better at watching their intakes and what a person takes for these conditions doesn't kill instantly. You do need to watch for allergic reactions if you are put on one of the medications. People don't form into violent cartels and smugglers for high profit, or shoot each other over a box of KFC.

Imagine a dude in a trench coat offering to sell you fried chicken. Something that’s been illegally produced in someone’s makeshift garage. Seriously not trying to belittle drugs and gang violence but my point is where does this stop? Does the democrat president declare global warming as a threat to national security and bad or limit car usage. It’s just endless. I know I put up extreme examples but they’re all probably doable under the current misuse of declaring national emergencies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

nah thats okay, i enjoy the friendly banter. i agree with you. drugs and weapons are tragic. is it a real state of emergency? yes it is. will it be stopped by building a wall along the Mexican border? i think it would help but you'd get more return on investing that money better on intel and working together with the Mexicans. i think Trump said it best in the first year of office to the then Mexican president. 'my military is better than yours, maybe we should should the problem.' the problem is that Trump is more interested in getting re-elected than anything else. he's using the system. i don't think that he should call for a state of emergency and just stop at building the wall. let him go all the way if he's genuine. 

None of them are serious. These cartels pack big violence and big money. They terrorize everywhere they go. Maybe one of the best things Trump did was put the military on the border. 

• Like 3

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Imagine a dude in a trench coat offering to sell you fried chicken. Something that’s been illegally produced in someone’s makeshift garage. Seriously not trying to belittle drugs and gang violence but my point is where does this stop? Does the democrat president declare global warming as a threat to national security and bad or limit car usage. It’s just endless. I know I put up extreme examples but they’re all probably doable under the current misuse of declaring national emergencies.

And I understand what you are saying. Politicians will argue and bicker over everything just to oppose each other. That hasn't solved anything and never will. So do we just let this go on? I don't use the stuff and neither does any of my family. It doesn't affect me or mine if I just ignore the issue. Is that what I should do?

• Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

And I understand what you are saying. Politicians will argue and bicker over everything just to oppose each other. That hasn't solved anything and never will. So do we just let this go on? I don't use the stuff and neither does any of my family. It doesn't affect me or mine if I just ignore the issue. Is that what I should do?

No! It effects everything and everyone at some point. Neither should Trump. The fact that he’s trying shows he cares. But is he going about it the right way. I land I don’t just mean the wall but his presidency? 

• Like 1

How do you work with people that will do anything to oppose you? To be honest, if people were talking about me the way they do him, I probably would not be a nice person that you'd want to meet for long. This isn't two political sides bringing up issues anymore. These are battles, and I will have my way. Trump is not alone in this. Pelosi is every bit as bad and she's built her own little army to help her. I'll be damned if she'll ever tell me what to wear, where to sit, what to say, when to clap because I'll tell her where to go and what independent is. This is just going to go back and forth for a very long time. No one is really looking at issues seriously. It's just, no, I'm not agreeing with you on anything.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Habitat said:

Extension ladder sales in Mexico will go up, also rappelling equipment.

Yeah, and ladder rent shops will be opened near the border, leading to an economic boost in that area and in the upstate as well. China`s ladder and rappelling equipment export rates will increase, leading to US punitive tariffs on these products from 2020 on. Upcoming patent disputes on inflatable ladders (Continental AG/Germany vs. GoodYear/USA, Cooper Tyres/USA vs. Durex/USA and others ) to be expected by 3Q 2019.

The increasing demand and supply will regulate the market to the benefit of the customers. The competitive situation will create special offers like this one, offered by Adeline`s Ladder Shop, Matamoros: 30ft ladder, model "Stairway-to-Heaven MK III", aluminum, load capacity 575kgs. Package include: WLAN, cup holders (5), snack pack (vegan, halal or gluten-free), soft drinks, infrared blocker, GPS scammer, 1 bag (3lbs) of anti-watchdog dope-cookies, delivery to a location of your choice (50 miles max.) and the equipment return (Escape-To-Go). Weekend tariff: 1099$. Accepted payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, JCB and PayPal or cash in the shop. Bonus Code: HastaLaVista42.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The whole business seems slightly surreal. I thought this idea went out with the Chinese Great Wall, or Hadrian's Wall. The Berlin Wall a minor example.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

The whole business seems slightly surreal. I thought this idea went out with the Chinese Great Wall, or Hadrian's Wall. The Berlin Wall a minor example.

Vatican City has a huge wall around it.  Remember when...every single day, we heard on news about suicide bombings in Israel?  Don't really hear those stories anymore do we? Why?  Because Israel built...you guessed it...a wall.  

Suicide bombings carried out from the West Bank fell from 73 (between 2000 and July 2003 – the completion of the "first continuous segment"), to 12 (from August 2003 to the end of 2006)

In the age of Terrorists intent on causing great harm to America...it makes ZERO sense to willingly allow the 'unknown' to simply stroll across our borders and mesh in with the rest of society around them.  The idea of sleeping in your home with the doors unlocked while all the gangsters in the area know that you sleep with your doors unlocked...that is surreal.  Do you sleep with your doors unlocked?  Those who can afford to do so tend to like to live in gated communities with Gate Security checking everyone who comes in or out.  Is that surreal?  Do you have any idea how many of the 'unknown' drift across our borders every single day?  More than you probably think.

There’s no official measure of how many people succeed in illegally crossing the border, but authorities use the number of apprehensions to gauge changes in illegal immigration. Apprehensions on the Southwest border peaked in 2000 at 1.64 million and have generally declined since, totaling 396,579 in 2018.

That's over a thousand people a day who are actually caught.  We can only guess as to the number that actually make it.  How many people are you okay with entering your home illegally?  Ever! Much less on a daily basis.  Now think about your loved ones all come visiting your home...okay with leaving your doors open at night?

• Like 2

Okay you guys know way more than i do about all this, i have questions, tax payers not Mexico will pay for trumps wall, did he apologize for this? Did this upset anyone?

With the likelihood his call on its a national emergency to get $$$ going to courts i believe i saw him say he would get shot down a couple times in courts before it getting the go ahead, so how long will all that take, 6 months a year, longer?

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Okay you guys know way more than i do about all this, i have questions, tax payers not Mexico will pay for trumps wall, did he apologize for this? Did this upset anyone?

most likely yes,   it didn't upset anyone who did not take it seriously,  cost of the wall, compared to cost to upkeep gvmnt, is tiny,  we do not mind paying that, we wont notice, regardless of some exaggerations, he follows thru, and does everything he can to  do what he said he would.  i'm not upset at all.   giving up on that issue ,that i believe is not a minor one, would upset the hell out of me.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

most likely yes,   it didn't upset anyone who did not take it seriously,  cost of the wall, compared to cost to upkeep gvmnt, is tiny,  we do not mind paying that, we wont notice, regardless of some exaggerations, he follows thru, and does everything he can to  do what he said he would.  i'm not upset at all.   giving up on that issue ,that i believe is not a minor one, would upset the hell out of me.  

We have a 4 Trillion dollar budget.  5 Billion is less than .01%.  Suppose you make $50,000 a year at your job.  And your daughter or son ask you for $50 because they have a bad tire on their car.  Nope...sorry can't do it...no money for that!  It's completely ridiculous.  Which just goes to show that the Democrats are not interested in border security...and they are interested in denying Trump anything that will help him in his cause to close the borders to illegals. It's all a gotcha game with them...meanwhile...America is still at risk.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Future Presidents may potentially do just that. If we're under 31 right now, obviously Trump isn't the first one to do this.

I was thinking more along the lines of a future Democrat president declaring "Russian Meddling" a National Emergency and freezing Trump's finances and the Republicans associated/defending him- for example.

For Gun Control calling it a National Emergency, freezing the accounts of the NRA, shutting down pro-gun media, and freezing the finances of gun owners until they go through a mental health evaluation.

People forget that Constitutional rights for citizens tended to get suspended with the the declaring of National Emergencies in the past.  Habeas Corpus for instance.  We just didn't care before because we agreed with it as a nation (Well some grumbled about the loss of rights with Bush after the 9-11 terrorist attack) and look the other way.  Trump is the first to use it to circumvent the will of other Americans (Congress and everyone that voted for them).

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

We have a 4 Trillion dollar budget.  5 Billion is less than .01%.  Suppose you make $50,000 a year at your job.  And your daughter or son ask you for $50 because they have a bad tire on their car.  Nope...sorry can't do it...no money for that!  It's completely ridiculous.  Which just goes to show that the Democrats are not interested in border security...and they are interested in denying Trump anything that will help him in his cause to close the borders to illegals. It's all a gotcha game with them...meanwhile...America is still at risk.

Not to make you sad, but right now each member of your family owes over $70,000 apiece towards our $20 trillion national debt alone.   https://www.equities.com/news/the-us-is-following-italy-s-lead-without-realizing-it

(Total debt is averaged around $400,000 per person for everything you owe in the US.)

So that being said, maybe you should be laying off using that government credit card?  Maybe having you or the daughter get a second job for paying for that tire because it is going to cost a lot more than the original $50 with compound interest and on the grand scheme of things it is low priority.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The more i learn the more confused i get,

But i kind of dont see asking tax payers for wall money after making a promise that wasnt going to be the case the same as a dad buying his kid a tire,  im trying to grasp all this,

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Not to make you sad, but right now each member of your family owes over $70,000 apiece towards our $20 trillion national debt alone.   https://www.equities.com/news/the-us-is-following-italy-s-lead-without-realizing-it

(Total debt is averaged around $400,000 per person for everything you owe in the US.)

So that being said, maybe you should be laying off using that government credit card?  Maybe having you or the daughter get a second job for paying for that tire because it is going to cost a lot more than the original $50 with compound interest and on the grand scheme of things it is low priority.

You are smarter than to spew pure idiocy!  So why do you?

20 minutes ago, joc said:

You are smarter than to spew pure idiocy!  So why do you?

My nephew has credit card problems.  He didn't get it by buying large purchases on it, he got it by spending $10 here, 20$ there on worthless stuff.  This whole behavior on this wall and the attitude towards funding it is exactly the same behavior.

• Like 3

Beto said he "absolutely" is for tearing down existing border barriers. It's going to be the new litmus test for Dem candidates. 

Tear down that border wall: Is Beto's battlecry the new Dem litmus test for 2020?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tear-down-that-border-wall-the-new-dem-litmus-test

Hey Democrats, "building the wall" doesn't have anything to do with the border. Don't you see that?

It has to do with putting a wall around you.

If you keep it up soon the Democrat party will go the way of the Federalist and Whig parties before them.

Out of existence. 

Edited by Will Due
  • Thanks 1

Now that President Trump has returned to the basic principles of his campaign promises, I felt I should make mention of the precise perimeters of the wall and the nature of my proposed program for border security and immigration enforcement.

The wall should be constructed of solid concrete, and be 40 feet high, and 20 feet thick and stretch from the Gulf of Mexico in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the West.  I should contain a single gate which will be secured by a platoon of army troops in order to allow lawful and restricted entry both ways for the purpose of tourism and commerce.

The wall itself should be manned by approximately 150,000 American troops given executive authority to prevent unlawful entry into the nation by any means necessary, up to and including the use of deadly force.  Authorization should be to shoot on site anyone who attempts to cross the border illegally.  The troops could be deployed quite easily by fulfilling another campaign promise, that of an America First foreign policy.  The United States doesn't need overseas military bases.  This country is a superpower with rapid global deployment capabilities.  At any rate, the American military should only be used to defend the United States against attack, and should not be engaged in interventionist policies of regime change and nation building, nor acting as the world's policeman.

Regarding illegal immigration itself, all 15 million or so illegal aliens in the nation should be rounded by ICE up along with their families and deported back to their nation of origin.  They should also be placed on the national terrorist watch list which would prevent them from legally entering the United States at any time in the future.

I intend to exercise my right as an American citizen by submitting the above proposal directly to the White House for review.  I will include my signature, as well as the signatures of any American citizen who cares about immigration enforcement and border security.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

My nephew has credit card problems.  He didn't get it by buying large purchases on it, he got it by spending $10 here, 20$ there on worthless stuff.  This whole behavior on this wall and the attitude towards funding it is exactly the same behavior.

How does your nephews buying habits equate in any reality to what is being discussed here?  

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

9/11

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Now that President Trump has returned to the basic principles of his campaign promises, I felt I should make mention of the precise perimeters of the wall and the nature of my proposed program for border security and immigration enforcement.

The wall should be constructed of solid concrete, and be 40 feet high, and 20 feet thick and stretch from the Gulf of Mexico in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the West.  I should contain a single gate which will be secured by a platoon of army troops in order to allow lawful and restricted entry both ways for the purpose of tourism and commerce.

The wall itself should be manned by approximately 150,000 American troops given executive authority to prevent unlawful entry into the nation by any means necessary, up to and including the use of deadly force.  Authorization should be to shoot on site anyone who attempts to cross the border illegally.  The troops could be deployed quite easily by fulfilling another campaign promise, that of an America First foreign policy.  The United States doesn't need overseas military bases.  This country is a superpower with rapid global deployment capabilities.  At any rate, the American military should only be used to defend the United States against attack, and should not be engaged in interventionist policies of regime change and nation building, nor acting as the world's policeman.

Regarding illegal immigration itself, all 15 million or so illegal aliens in the nation should be rounded by ICE up along with their families and deported back to their nation of origin.  They should also be placed on the national terrorist watch list which would prevent them from legally entering the United States at any time in the future.

I intend to exercise my right as an American citizen by submitting the above proposal directly to the White House for review.  I will include my signature, as well as the signatures of any American citizen who cares about immigration enforcement and border security.

I would also like to see a 199 meter wide APers Mine Field on each side with low level entanglement.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

If you're not joking...

How do the residents in "No Man's Land" lead normal lives?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

If you're not joking...

How do the residents in "No Man's Land" lead normal lives?

If you are referring to the Mexicans, they go about their daily lives on their side of the border.  If the Americans, then they do the same.  The only thing that changes is that American citizens of the border regions will now live in peace and security without having to worry about illegal alien murderers, gangbangers, drug dealers, rapists, and thieves trampling through their yards.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

If you are referring to the Mexicans, they go about their daily lives on their side of the border.  If the Americans, then they do the same.  The only thing that changes is that American citizens of the border regions will now live in peace and security without having to worry about illegal alien murderers, gangbangers, drug dealers, rapists, and thieves trampling through their yards.

I'm not referring to Mexicans.

I'm talking about the residents in "No Man's Land", the land between the border and the wall.

How do they carry on with only once gate in the barrier?